Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Which Turbo Upgrade did you decide to purchase??

Which Turbo Upgrade did you decide to purchase?

• Cyborg | C39

Votes: 17 9.6%
  • PumaSpeed x-37 Hybrid

Votes: 23 12.9%
  • GT 2554r

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • GT 2560r

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • GT 28xx

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • GTX 28xx

Votes: 10 5.6%
  • PERON EFR 6258 Twin Scroll

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • EFR 6258 Single Scroll

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • DHM GT 290r

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • DHM GTX 360r

• DHM GTX 450r

• PumaSpeed x-47 Hybrid

Votes: 36 20.2%
  • revo S242 (KP39ETR)

• Mountune MRX

Votes: 16 9.0%
  • Peron STG4 GTX 2860R

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AET VooDoo VT330R

• Peron G-Series 25-550

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Whoosh Motorsports Hybrid

Votes: 36 20.2%

• Total voters

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
pretty cool to see how many turbos added that were brought here from the UK by whoosh motorsports and now our own on the list
I asked for it to be added after a certain amount were sold, not a boast It's just cool to see the progress over time
Revo S242 (and RT330 although not entirely successful)
AET VT330R
Peron GTX2860R
Peron G-Series 25-550

and now our own whoosh motorsports hybrid turbo

Anyway, there are a few new turbos about to drop as well so stay tuned everyone[rockon]

AzNightmare

pretty cool to see how many turbos added that were brought here from the UK by whoosh motorsports and now our own on the list
I asked for it to be added after a certain amount were sold, not a boast It's just cool to see the progress over time
Revo S242 (and RT330 although not entirely successful)
AET VT330R
Peron GTX2860R
Peron G-Series 25-550

and now our own whoosh motorsports hybrid turbo

Anyway, there are a few new turbos about to drop as well so stay tuned everyone[rockon]

What happen with RT330?

Is there a "best" turbo depending on goals or are all so different that its tough to compare? For example, if I wanted to make modest numbers, like 260HP, reliably and with a balanced power band, what would be the best option? Are the offerings so close that the determination is subjective?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Is there a "best" turbo depending on goals or are all so different that its tough to compare? For example, if I wanted to make modest numbers, like 260HP, reliably and with a balanced power band, what would be the best option? Are the offerings so close that the determination is subjective?
Whoosh Trac- spec Hybrid Turbo* Thats what I would do if I was you* A little late to this reply!

ronmcdon

I need some help cuz I've spent an hour on Google looking and can't find anything. Can someone please send me a link to where I can buy a cyborg c39 turbo brand new.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

AzNightmare

I need some help cuz I've spent an hour on Google looking and can't find anything. Can someone please send me a link to where I can buy a cyborg c39 turbo brand new.

Because that turbo is terrible. It's been discontinued a long time ago (for good reason), so you won't find one brand new nor should you even buy one used.
Why are you specifically interested in that one?

Because that turbo is terrible. It's been discontinued a long time ago (for good reason), so you won't find one brand new nor should you even buy one used.
Why are you specifically interested in that one?
Someone local to me is selling his kit for 650 and I wanted to look up more on it.

AzNightmare

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account

They are NOT * terrible. Many members have ran them with luck. But due to a mistake by the Vendor and supplier they are no longer made. My suggestion would be to get a Whoosh hybrid or BT like S280 or Garrett option if your into that realm of power.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

AzNightmare

They are NOT * terrible. Many members have ran them with luck. But due to a mistake by the Vendor and supplier they are no longer made. My suggestion would be to get a Whoosh hybrid or BT like S280 or Garrett option if your into that realm of power.

I didn't follow the full story. I just know in conclusion based on that thread in the very first and last post, it literally says, " C39 turbos (which was found to have faulty seals)".
When you say ran them with luck, that honestly sounds like it's just luck of the draw. Too much of a gamble for me, but maybe not for someone else. But like you said, Whoosh or S280, or Garrett for more power. Way too many better options now, to settle for a C39.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Someone local to me is selling his kit for 650 and I wanted to look up more on it.

If you wanna purchase it....I'd suggest sending it to a rebuilder to get it checked out and possibly balanced. Or you could roll the dice and send it!

I didn't follow the full story. I just know in conclusion based on that thread in the very first and last post, it literally says, " C39 turbos (which was found to have faulty seals)".
When you say ran them with luck, that honestly sounds like it's just luck of the draw. Too much of a gamble for me, but maybe not for someone else. But like you said, Whoosh or S280, or Garrett for more power. Way too many better options now, to settle for a C39.
Yea thanks guys honestly I had my eyes on whoosh. But this one was up for sale and at a good price just wanted to dig in a bit more on it. But couldn't find much. I had actually never heard of it.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Yea thanks guys honestly I had my eyes on whoosh. But this one was up for sale and at a good price just wanted to dig in a bit more on it. But couldn't find much. I had actually never heard of it.

If you have the money....get Whoosh/s280/ Garret Gen2. But if you don't wanna spend big bucks....buy the cyborg...get it checked out and run it. You will need a Tune and a Cobb ap3 Also to accomplish this with an upgraded intercooler.