Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2nd hand fiesta.

Donny

Hi all

I've today collected my ST.

I'm the 2nd owner but bought from a dealer.

I'm wanting to know if there's a way of finding out if the car has had a re-map/flash tune?

Because this is the only ST I've driven I have nothing to compare it to.

The car has had a different back box and different wheels so I know the 1st owner was into modding, but I cant ask him of he's had an ecu tune.

The dealer said he doesn't know.

I'm defiantly going to have work done, but funds don't allow this month.

In the meantime I could do with finding out if it's been reflashed - if so I'll run it on 99 if not I'll save my cash for the mods.

If anyone could advise it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Donny.

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
Different box? Do you have a little yellow badge on the back of the car that says, mountune performance? I ask only because the MP215 seems more popular on that side of the globe.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^The Brits call the rear muffler section of the exhaust system a "box", I don't know if you were inferring/asking if he has a Mountune exhaust on his ST?? [dunno]

OP
D

Donny

Thread Starter #4
Thanks for the replies.

Sorry yeah the muffler. There's no badge on the car.

The muffler pipe is circular as apposed to the twin tips on pics of the standard cars that I've seen.

I'm unsure if it is a full exhaust or just the muffler. I looked under the car when I inspect it but couldn't see that the ss pipework.

AzNightmare

Unfortunately, looking at the parts won't confirm anything. If the dealer couldn't figure it out, chances are, you wouldn't be able to either. I'm actually going to lean toward it not being tuned if he still has oem intake and oem intercooler. But you can never be 100% cause he could have easily parted them out and sold them separately.