Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

3d Printing interior parts

Most certainly interested in this. The lack of trim around the shift boot was one of the first things I noticed lacking about the interior.

OP
WhiteST
Thread Starter #24
Seems like this is getting a good enough response. I have a second prototype coming next week to hopefully finalize everything. I'll be in Florida in the upcoming weeks for work so I can't give a time frame yet. If anyone has any ideas or opinions please let me know. I have a few more interesting parts I'll be making.

I can't unsee the lack of trim now, thanks. Interested in silver if it's slimmed down some

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I'm definitely interested. Great idea! As others have said, with a slimmer profile in some sort of aluminum, or faux-aluminum finish that matches the interior trim pieces would be ideal and would help give a hint of premium to that part of the console.

Two other things to consider if you do end up pursuing other interior mods:
1. Some sort of e-brake handle cover. I can imagine a cylindrical casing that basically slides over the first 50% of the brake handle, with an aluminum style look, and open at the front so the black push button is still visible and accessible. That would be a really nice touch. Could be that there is something in dressing that up.
2. The cubby in front of the shifter, as some have mentioned would also be great if it could serve an actual function. It seems like at a minimum being able to hold keys or change would be great, but even better would be the ability for a phone or wallet to stay put in that location.

OP
WhiteST
Thread Starter #29
Those are all great ideas! I definitely want to do the cubby hole since everyone's been asking for it. I just need to find time to 3D scan that area to get the ball rolling on some drawings. I was thinking of extending the tray for one option and filling the hole with card holder slots for another option, (look up VW Tiguan card slots, could be a sleek look). Wonder if anyone is opposed to having "ST" embossed in some of these parts? ...this would be a lot easier if I didn't have to work 50-60 hours a week [whip] haha

Bluedrank

These ideas are great. I'd definitely be interested in both parts. Looks like you've got a fledgling business on your hands.

Rothery

I'd definitely be interested in some purpose for that little storage area, and potentially the handbrake cover if it'd fit the euro ST.

2. The cubby in front of the shifter, as some have mentioned would also be great if it could serve an actual function. It seems like at a minimum being able to hold keys or change would be great, but even better would be the ability for a phone or wallet to stay put in that location.
Or get really fancy and make a little flip up door for that cubby so you can stow cash/change inside of it without it flying all over the place. It's pretty useless as it is

I actually been toying with the idea of printing it out of metal straight from shapeways, I have a few design of my own, more with a )=\ profile (if you can imagine the = sign coincident with the top and bottom of ) and \ where ) faces the shifter and \ is the outside. I think it complements the interior trim designs better. Unfortunately my 3d printer doesnt hold tolerance right so I have to order from SW soon.

I'd do aluminum, hand grounded, fine sandblasted then lacquered. I am using 4 tabs right now and have minor play, not sure if its my printer or what.

if you're selling this, I'd recommend you checking prices of polished finish printed parts in silver.

It is looking good! I do not know the capabilities of your equipment and the flexibility of the design, but if it is possible, maybe try and go 35 - 40%% smaller than the original? When I look at your pictures and just the area in general I think it needs something subtle, but not so much as to take away from the durability of the piece.

OP
WhiteST
Thread Starter #40
Yeah it looks like I'll make it much slimmer, almost flat. I was trying to keep it thicker/stronger so people can add and remove it as they please without it breaking. But I agree, thinner will be better. I'm shooting for an aluminum look, red, blue and black. Maybe yellow