Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

3d Printing interior parts

Okay!! For everyone that wants these 3D printed, you can get them HERE. Just throw some thin 3M tape on the back and you're ready to go.
In the meantime, I'll be working on adding some carbon fiber, aluminum, and exotic colored vinyl wraps. PM me if anyone has any questions/ideas/concerns.

Looks good! is this the final revision then (looks thinner, more rounded, and no tabs)? is that 'polished white' or 'grainy feel white'? that metallic plastic is not what i had in mind. i'll probably buy a standard white one and spray with some krylon plastic paint to get the finish i want. which plastic finish do you think i should go with for this? definitely leaning toward the polished version.

OP
WhiteST
Thread Starter #62
Looks good! is this the final revision then (looks thinner, more rounded, and no tabs)? is that 'polished white' or 'grainy feel white'? that metallic plastic is not what i had in mind. i'll probably buy a standard white one and spray with some krylon plastic paint to get the finish i want. which plastic finish do you think i should go with for this? definitely leaning toward the polished version.
Yeah I didn't like their metallic plastic, it looks like a matte grey. In the picture is just the basic white. This is thinner and the final version. It still has a very bold look in the cabin, I'll have to upload more pics when I paint mine. You can't go wrong with the polished white if you want to paint it. I think that's the best way to go.

OP
WhiteST
Thread Starter #64
I also removed the tabs so no one runs into any problems, so just 3m tape on the back and it should be fine. I wish I could get it to snap in but there doesn't seem to be enough clearence

Just an opinion but you should try and keep a little bit of a lip or tabs on there just to help with locating properly

Sent from the Canyon's Edge

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Just ordered the polished white. I'm gonna spray it to match the steering wheel and A/C vents trim. I'll let you guys know how it goes. thanks for putting the work in [MENTION=4006]WhiteST[/MENTION]!

OP
WhiteST
Thread Starter #67
Just ordered the polished white. I'm gonna spray it to match the steering wheel and A/C vents trim. I'll let you guys know how it goes. thanks for putting the work in [MENTION=4006]WhiteST[/MENTION]!
Thank you and thanks to everyone who ordered them so far! I'm painting mine now and I'll post pics of it installed. Stay tuned, I'll be coming out with some more parts in the future.

OP
WhiteST
Thread Starter #72
Here are some pictures of mine installed. I used the first aluminum paint I found but it wasn't the best match. This is for demonstration purposes anyway, but I still really like the way it looks. If anyone finds a good color match I think the trim will look OEM. The paint I used was an all-in-one so I think with a primer and clear coat it will look awesome. I simply hit the 3D print with paint to see the outcome.

rsz_img_0182.jpg

rsz_img_0200.jpg

rsz_img_0198.jpg

rsz_img_0184.jpg

rsz_img_0185.jpg

rsz_img_0186.jpg

rsz_img_0203.jpg

rsz_img_0187.jpg

Attachments

OP
WhiteST
Thread Starter #74
Wow that looks great, nice job!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Thanks! It's surprising how big of a difference it makes. It's the first thing that catches my eye everytime I get in my car.

OP
WhiteST
Thread Starter #76
I just wanted to point out how well the double sided tape worked. It was the one thing I was worried about, but it seems there's so much surface area that it really gets a good grip. I bought the cheapest double sided window tape at my local hardware store, it wasn't even 3M. Of course you could get it off if you really wanted to, but it didn't budge when I tried to pry it off with a few fingers. I'm pleasantly surprised.

rsz_img_0246.jpg
Every post is better with pictures

I just wanted to point out how well the double sided tape worked. It was the one thing I was worried about, but it seems there's so much surface area that it really gets a good grip. I bought the cheapest double sided window tape at my local hardware store, it wasn't even 3M. Of course you could get it off if you really wanted to, but it didn't budge when I tried to pry it off with a few fingers. I'm pleasantly surprised.

View attachment 12394
Every post is better with pictures
Is this a color option from the site you posted earlier (to order them from), or is this option not yet available? This is the one I would like to go with (or carbon fiber, didn't see that on the site either).

OP
WhiteST
Thread Starter #78
Is this a color option from the site you posted earlier (to order them from), or is this option not yet available? This is the one I would like to go with (or carbon fiber, didn't see that on the site either).

No that color isn't available through that site I posted. It is really close to their metallic plastic that they offer, but this is just an aluminum paint. Once I offer carbon fiber and the brushed aluminum I'll sell them from this site. Which I'm guessing I'll have to become a vendor at that time. I should be offering those options this coming week possibly. Thanks

These look really great, but I really want one machined out of aluminum. I know you're 3D printing them, but is a brushed aluminum version possible?