Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

3d Printing interior parts

OP
WhiteST
Thread Starter #102
Just wanted to updated with what I've been up to. For right now, I will be only offering 3d prints from here. Once I get a few different parts that I'm happy with, I'll make them myself so there are more options and color choices. I've been too busy to get much done but I'm slowly chugging away on some other things.

Here is the first go at some new knobs. There are a few things I'd like to change but they are functional.

rsz_31.jpg

That being said, I'd like to throw out the idea of a new key fob? I'd like to hear any opinions anyone may have. I've searched long and hard and found someone in the VW world that attempted it over on the Vortex forums for their cars. It spanned over 5 years and involved some manufacturers along with some do-it-your-selfers, but seemed like it got no where. It got lots of interest but no one could actually produce it. I was wondering if there would be enough interest to redesign our fob? Just like everything else I've been making, these are things I want for myself but would like to make it for others if there is interest.

Thanks for everyone's help and support so far.

-Dan

Nice Knob! I've tossed around the idea of re-designing the fob as well, but couldn't really come up with anything I liked. Wouldn't mind seeing what you had in mind, could be interested!

Just wanted to updated with what I've been up to. For right now, I will be only offering 3d prints from here. Once I get a few different parts that I'm happy with, I'll make them myself so there are more options and color choices. I've been too busy to get much done but I'm slowly chugging away on some other things.

Here is the first go at some new knobs. There are a few things I'd like to change but they are functional.

View attachment 12603

That being said, I'd like to throw out the idea of a new key fob? I'd like to hear any opinions anyone may have. I've searched long and hard and found someone in the VW world that attempted it over on the Vortex forums for their cars. It spanned over 5 years and involved some manufacturers along with some do-it-your-selfers, but seemed like it got no where. It got lots of interest but no one could actually produce it. I was wondering if there would be enough interest to redesign our fob? Just like everything else I've been making, these are things I want for myself but would like to make it for others if there is interest.

Thanks for everyone's help and support so far.

-Dan
Would be great if you could design a fob cover that snapped on. Particularly if shaped like a fiesta. Have you ever seen the Tesla fob? It is a hotwheels sized key fob that has the basic shape of a tesla. Secondly you could produce them in white, black, orange, blue, red and grey.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I love my shifter bezel, I ordered mine in red and am waiting to see pictures of other people's before I decide what color to paint it. Silver seems to be the safe bet.

I ordered red, but didn't think it was red enough so painted and cleared it. What tape is everyone using to install it? Its ready, but need to get some tape.

Sitting there before paint:

Painted:

I used 3M double sided tape cut super thin. Probably 10-15 tiny pieces total. Seems to stick well so far but its only been like 5 mins lol. I think someone else used the same tape as me earlier in the thread.

All I know is my wife ordered me one for my birthday. Not sure what color, but it is either yellow or black. Either way, I can't wait.