Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

NEW ENKEI RPF1 Group Buy, 16x7 43mm 4x108, NOW TAKING DEPOSITS. Make sure to PM

Trader history for OAKOS Automotive (0)

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Good luck. For whatever reason that's too much to ask even with the ass load of people here wanting them......
It's not too much to ask, most special order wheels are trying to stay within a certain class range for AutoX group reasons. Also a lot of people don't seem to be ready to drop money for deposits for group buys.

OP
OAKOS Automotive

OAKOS Automotive

Vendor
Thread Starter #85
Hey Guys,

I know there are a ton of you asking for a 16x8 RPF1 and I want to give you a better reason as to why we are not.

Enkei will not make the 16x8 in 4x108 lug pattern even though they already have a 4x100, 16x8. We would love to get the group buy going for that size. We don't know Enkei's reasoning so we have to leave it at that for now. We ask them every month or so if they will approve that wheel size in 4x108. Hopefully they will at some point. :)

-Ty-

OP
OAKOS Automotive

OAKOS Automotive

Vendor
Thread Starter #98
when's the sign up for the next batch taking place?
As soon as our current customers get the wheels we have on order.

^Next batch of RPF1's in Black would be nice. I'd sign up.
It would, you will have to wait for a poll to vote. However we will be running silver again so in the event a prior customer from the 1st group buy damages a wheel they are able to replace it.

Same here, IF they're 16x8s. [wink]
16x8 isnt going to happen anytime soon, at least for 2017. ENKEI will not approve this wheel to be made in 4x108. It took us 2 years for them to even approve the 16x7.

Not to mention to run a custom RPF1 it has to be an existing wheel that is already made, our 16x7 43mm 4x108 is made from a 4x100 cast. The only offset that exits for a 16x8 is a 38mm.
So that would be adding an inch to the current wheel plus a 5mm spacer. A bit aggressive for the fiesta ST, which I understand some want a more aggressive wheel,
Also a 16x8 still has a convex face so it will look identical to the 16x7. If we were allowed to run a 16x8 it would have been done. but as of now its not going to happen for a good amount of time!

+1 To 16x8s color doesn't matter to me.
See above ^

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
16x8 isnt going to happen anytime soon, at least for 2017. ENKEI will not approve this wheel to be made in 4x108. It took us 2 years for them to even approve the 16x7.

Not to mention to run a custom RPF1 it has to be an existing wheel that is already made, our 16x7 43mm 4x108 is made from a 4x100 cast. The only offset that exits for a 16x8 is a 38mm.
So that would be adding an inch to the current wheel plus a 5mm spacer. A bit aggressive for the fiesta ST, which I understand some want a more aggressive wheel,
Also a 16x8 still has a convex face so it will look identical to the 16x7. If we were allowed to run a 16x8 it would have been done. but as of now its not going to happen for a good amount of time!

UNDERSTOOD!

BUT; There are PLENTY of 16x7 4x108 wheels out on the market (although I am SURE you will argue not anywhere near the strength/weight/quality combo of the RPF1s) which I actually like the looks of better than the Enkeis.

So, my main rationale for buying a wheel which I am NOT overly crazy about the looks of is to either get seriously low weight, or maybe even more importantly to me, a WIDER wheel which NOBODY ELSE produces (or ideally BOTH!!). [wink]