Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

NEW ENKEI RPF1 Group Buy, 16x7 43mm 4x108, NOW TAKING DEPOSITS. Make sure to PM

Trader history for OAKOS Automotive (0)

OP
OAKOS Automotive

OAKOS Automotive

Vendor
Thread Starter #101
UNDERSTOOD!

BUT; There are PLENTY of 16x7 4x108 wheels out on the market (although I am SURE you will argue not anywhere near the strength/weight/quality combo of the RPF1s) which I actually like the looks of better than the Enkeis.

So, my main rationale for buying a wheel which I am NOT overly crazy about the looks of is to either get seriously low weight, or maybe even more importantly to me, a WIDER wheel which NOBODY ELSE produces (or ideally BOTH!!). [wink]
Its true! No other wheel is comparable to RPF1 with specs for the price. Im sure a bunch of guys would love something like a Volk Racing TE37 which would weigh about the same as rpf1 in the 16x7 size, however one wheel would probably cost as much as a set of the RPF1.

Team dynamics would be an option for you, We are able to order custom sets (width/offset/boltpattern) , and it only takes a single set to do so, you can pick color and sizing, however alot of customers do not do this because of the prolonged lead time, (5 months is average wait for custom set, built in UK then sent here).... only issue is they weigh a ton.

If we could run a 16x8 we would trust me, it allows us to sell more and offer more options to you guys. ENKEI Japan is the one shutting us down they control what wheels we can or can not run as group buy.

OP
OAKOS Automotive

OAKOS Automotive

Vendor
Thread Starter #102
I sent another email to ENKEI and I will copy and paste what they have to say to show you guys that its not us its them!

Its gonna take about 1-2 days for ENKEI Japan to reply back...

-Anthony

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^I BELIEVE YOU!!!

I KNOW it is THEM, as it is ALWAYS 'them' as manufacturers who REFUSE to build something, despite shown demand for the product. [mad]

Rimstock/Team Dynamics is NO BETTER when it comes to 16x8s in our PCD, as they also REFUSE to build that spec, and most of the reason WHY I would go to the RPF1s IF they WERE made in that size! (I like the looks of the Pro Race 1.2s MUCH MORE than the RPF1s, and they are NOT stupid amounts of weight more than them in the SAME size, like the 1.2s are compared to the 6UL's. [nono])

As soon as our current customers get the wheels we have on order.

It would, you will have to wait for a poll to vote. However we will be running silver again so in the event a prior customer from the 1st group buy damages a wheel they are able to replace it.

16x8 isnt going to happen anytime soon, at least for 2017. ENKEI will not approve this wheel to be made in 4x108. It took us 2 years for them to even approve the 16x7.

Not to mention to run a custom RPF1 it has to be an existing wheel that is already made, our 16x7 43mm 4x108 is made from a 4x100 cast. The only offset that exits for a 16x8 is a 38mm.
So that would be adding an inch to the current wheel plus a 5mm spacer. A bit aggressive for the fiesta ST, which I understand some want a more aggressive wheel,
Also a 16x8 still has a convex face so it will look identical to the 16x7. If we were allowed to run a 16x8 it would have been done. but as of now its not going to happen for a good amount of time!

See above ^
Read it. And 90% agree. It's definitely possible. I have 16x8 rota slipstreams. With 38mm offset and I absolutely agree they have too much poke. So I can't run the 225s I wanted to.
Guess I'll just have to wait patiently. :-(

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
^^^I BELIEVE YOU!!!

I KNOW it is THEM, as it is ALWAYS 'them' as manufacturers who REFUSE to build something, despite shown demand for the product. [mad]
Companies like Enkei aren't making any money on these limited special production runs. Maybe if they decide to permanently make the RPF1 wheel in this size then possibly.

If anyone wants to sell their set and make some $, PM me [wave]
I might have to sell my set if these wheels don't fit over my wilwood front brakes. Once I get the wheels, I have to test fit and if they don't fit. I'll sell them..

Keep a lookout in the for sale thread a week or so after you hear people are getting their wheels from Enkei.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I might have to sell my set if these wheels don't fit over my wilwood front brakes. Once I get the wheels, I have to test fit and if they don't fit. I'll sell them..

Keep a lookout in the for sale thread a week or so after you hear people are getting their wheels from Enkei.
Man, that would SUCK!! [:(] (But be a boon for someone wanting these.)

One would think that Enkei would set up their 'pads' on these wheels to handle big(ger) brakes, since they do market these as 'race wheels', so you might just be lucky. [:)]

I'm not running big brakes, but it'll be nice to know if they fit your kit. Keep us informed. If your set up works out I may have to copy you.

OP
OAKOS Automotive

OAKOS Automotive

Vendor
Thread Starter #113
Good news,

Wheels are on time.

ETA at ENKEI Texas is March 3rd.

WE are expecting them here at OAKOS March 10th and hopefully have them all shipped out to those who have paid in full by that time.

For those with left over balances youve got about 3 weeks to take care of that if you want your wheels shipped on a timely matter.

Cheers,

-Anthony

OP
OAKOS Automotive

OAKOS Automotive

Vendor
Thread Starter #116
how do I pay for my remaining balance?
Sorry about that I should have been more clear,

TO settle up outstanding balances please shoot me a PM to square yourself up so that wheels can ship as soon as they get here.

Make sure to mention if you would like Center Caps, Hub-Rings or Lug nuts added to the order.

(Sadly RPF1 are the one of the only ENKEI Wheels that do not come with center caps, they come with valve stems and that is it)

-Anthony

Anthony, if someone can't settle their balance and wants to back out, send me a PM. I'll take them.

OP
OAKOS Automotive

OAKOS Automotive

Vendor
Thread Starter #119
Anthony, if someone can't settle their balance and wants to back out, send me a PM. I'll take them.
Ill add you to the list.

If it does not work out in your favor Hold tight as we are going to get this going again ASAP.

If it were up to me I would have doubled the order but I do not control the accounts here! lol

So for all those bummed out they missed their chance, dont worry, we will be offering them again in about 4 weeks.

-Anthony

Ill add you to the list.

If it does not work out in your favor Hold tight as we are going to get this going again ASAP.

If it were up to me I would have doubled the order but I do not control the accounts here! lol

So for all those bummed out they missed their chance, dont worry, we will be offering them again in about 4 weeks.

-Anthony
This is good news. If the group buys continue to have success, may this turn into a stocked wheel for you guys?