Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

NEW ENKEI RPF1 Group Buy, 16x7 43mm 4x108, NOW TAKING DEPOSITS. Make sure to PM

Trader history for OAKOS Automotive (0)

I rather have your RPF1s [wink] , but I wouldnt say no to your current set up if the price is right and you would ship.
Once I get the new wheels all mounted up, there will most definitely be a FS thread.

ALSO LETS KEEP THAT HYPE TRAIN A ROLLING. CHOO FUCKIN CHOO. CANT WAIT FOR THESE WHEELS!!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
One question for future reference about these wheels;

Are there any; drawbacks, negatives, or even DANGERS to having them powder coated instead of just painted, or do the powder coat baking temps NOT even come close to hurting these wheels, or whatever heat treatment they have (if any?)? [dunno]

I ask only because it seems likely that they will ONLY be offered in silver in the foreseeable future (even IF there would ever even be the possibility of them ever being released in a limited 16x8 run). [:(]

Are there any; drawbacks, negatives, or even DANGERS to having them powder coated instead of just painted, or do the powder coat baking temps NOT even come close to hurting these wheels, or whatever heat treatment they have (if any?)? [dunno]

I ask only because it seems likely that they will ONLY be offered in silver in the foreseeable future (even IF there would ever even be the possibility of them ever being released in a limited 16x8 run). [:(]
I wouldn't powder coat without talking to Enkei. They make black RPF1's but I don't know if they're painted or coated.

My reasoning is that the heat of powder coating (~400* F?) CAN mess with the metallurgy of the wheel. Whether it will or not depends on that specific wheel's alloy and would be a question for the manufacturer, but it's safe to assume that a light weight wheel like the RPF1 will be more sensitive to temperature and also more stressed than a wheel design with more meat on it. I've read that some wheel companies will void the warranty on painted or powder coated wheels, and some will only void powder coated wheels. I can't find any warranty info on Enkei's site so I don't know where they stand on the issue, but there must be a reason for the distinction.

I would do my own research and place zero value on what the powder coating shop says. They want to coat your wheels but you have to drive around on them. Low temp powders are available that may not have an impact on wheel strength, but also consider that a thick powder coat could hide developing cracks better than paint. Also consider how you use the car -- for a trailered show car that never exceeds 15 mph, you might be able to get away with cutting a few spokes off and be fine. But for a track car or a street car at freeway speed, is it worth even POSSIBLY compromising the wheels strength to look cool? It's a bummer because gloss black RPF1's would look so good, but once you get above about 50 MPH, the idea of wheel failure is really scary.

tl;dr Don't powder coat without more research

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Yes THANK YOU, and those are the EXACT reasons why I was asking! [thumb]

It is a moot point anyway IF they continue to refuse to make a 16x8 in OUR PCD/ET/etc., for me at least. [:(]

A guy I know had some RPF1's powder coated baby blue and he hit a a pothole and cracked one of them. He sent it in for analysis and they denied him a new one because of the aftermarket powder coating.

Enkei can warranty their work as it's part of the manufacturing process.

If I were you, I'd get them painted if you really want a color change.

When we (Oakos and I) first started the GB, the silver color was chosen for lower costs and easier to get more people to agree on the color. This was a PITA when I organized the first GB for 5x108 Focus ST wheels. ;)

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
If I were you, I'd get them painted if you really want a color change.

When we (Oakos and I) first started the GB, the silver color was chosen for lower costs and easier to get more people to agree on the color. This was a PITA when I organized the first GB for 5x108 Focus ST wheels. ;)
FULLY understood, on both the painting over powder coating issue (again, WHY I asked), AND on the rationale for choosing the silver color as the only choice. [thumb]

SO what size tires is everyone going for? I thought I was decided, but I may not be. I want something with a little extra meat and I want the side wall to not bulge out.

GAbOS

Depends on the tire brand/model you choose. Use Tire rack to get actual measurements to help you decide if it's right for the look you are aiming for.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk