Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Has anyone tried the turbosmart plumb back bov?

Based

http://www.fswerks.com/products/turbosmart-kompact-shortie-plumb-back-ford-fiesta-1-6l-ecoboost

I want my car to have the flutter sound. There are videos of people saying that this is the bov they bought and it sounds great to me but in the description of the product it says it's supposed to be very quiet. I just don't understand. And then in an Amazon review someone said that it was actually louder than stock.

Also what do I have to get to make the turbo spool louder?

I can't speak for the bov, but an intake will really up the induction noise. If you want that "jet preparing to take off" sound you'll need a catless down pipe and exhaust. However that would require an AP to be considered "right" and then you'd also have emissions to contend with if done where you live.

I have the dual-port version of the Turbosmart plumb back BOV/bypass valve. I have mine pretty much adjusted 90% or so recirc (harder). When blowing off low load at 20psi you hear a high pitched whistle followed by a stressed out flutter sound. The actual sound depends on the load.

I'm still playing with it to get it right. When I first installed it, I set the spring super light and it would completely blowoff (PSHHH) at low RPM in parking lots, and that felt ricey and got annoying really quick. Now it only blows off under load, at mid to high psi.

The youtube is the TS plumb back & sounds exactly like one I have heard in operation. My guess is that they sourced it from Peron as Peron seems to have sold, once upon a time, the TS bpv with a Peron label on it. Exactly the same part, though.

Lol the little kid in the passenger seat.

Yes, that is exactly nuts on what my Turbosmart Dual-Port Kompact (not Shortie) sounds like.

Also, as far as I am aware Turbosmart made a "Peron Edition" BOV, just like [MENTION=664]jfdana[/MENTION] mentioned. And I cannot confirm if the "Peron Edition" was Kompact Shortie or Kompact. Give them a call?

OP
B

Based

Thread Starter #7
Alright then imma just order the plumb back and hope for the best. Thank you gentlemen. Hopefully it will sound sick especially with my resonator delete I'm getting tomorrow hell yea