Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

This is what a Fiesta ST with a resonator delete and crackle tune sounds like

Trader history for Based (0)

Based

[video]https://youtu.be/BK6cPvYyp7A[/video]

I just got this tune like last week so I'm pretty sure this is the newest renovation of the crackle option for the tunes. I just now got my resonator deleted this morning and I like it. The sweet spot is if you rev it up right at or right before 3k RPM and let off. That's what I was doing in this video.

Drive by video: https://youtu.be/OCIEXpGgOXc

This sounds so awesome! Can't wait to get an accessport and tune, just so I can have these backfires all the time. Although, I am only running with a muffler delete.

OP
B

Based

Thread Starter #3
This sounds so awesome! Can't wait to get an accessport and tune, just so I can have these backfires all the time. Although, I am only running with a muffler delete.
Muffler delete is louder.

OP
B

Based

Thread Starter #4
Ok I added drive by video.

Honestly I didn't realize it was this loud until i watched the video. It doesn't sound that loud on the inside.

Erbarry

U.S. Marine Veteran
I was thinking about getting this done but sounds kinda loud. Didnt expect it to be so loud, right now it sounds like small thumps with the stock exhaust.

OP
B

Based

Thread Starter #6
I was thinking about getting this done but sounds kinda loud. Didnt expect it to be so loud, right now it sounds like small thumps with the stock exhaust.
Yeah it is a little loud but really it's so controllable I don't think it'll be an issue. Unless you purposely decellearate from 3k rpm it's pretty much non existent.

I'm pretty sure you can set up the tune so this is only on a single map slot. I really want this on my next tune but I don't want it 100% of the time.

I'm pretty sure you can set up the tune so this is only on a single map slot. I really want this on my next tune but I don't want it 100% of the time.
Unfortunately it can't. The slots carry a small subset of tables - but otherwise the majority of the tables are the same between slots. The tables that affect the crackle sounds are outside of the slots and therefore affect the whole map.

OP
B

Based

Thread Starter #9
How I did it was I made the main tune no crackles and the second tune (+$7.50 I think) WITH crackles.

How I did it was I made the main tune no crackles and the second tune (+$7.50 I think) WITH crackles.
But doesn't this contradict what Alex @ strat replied to my comment?

Oh wait, I take that back. I am le dumb.

So what would pricing be on two tunes then?

OP
B

Based

Thread Starter #11
But doesn't this contradict what Alex @ strat replied to my comment?
It's a whole different tune. Not just a slot.

A "slot" is what controls what your launch control is set at. And probably can be used for other things.

In regards to the crackles, you can get a whole separate tune that will be exactly the same as your main tune just with no crackles. Meaning if you want to turn the crackles off you have to flash a whole different tune into your car.

me32

1000 Post Club
Not my thing. Sounds to ricer for me. But im sure there are a lot of people who will love it.

OP
B

Based

Thread Starter #13
Not my thing. Sounds to ricer for me. But im sure there are a lot of people who will love it.
Yeah I think it is a bit rice and unnatural sounding but at the same time I think it sounds cool and it's fun playing with it lol it's just one more thing I can play with to make my drives more fun. It makes me laugh when I'm just stopping at a light or something and all of a sudden it goes "PAP". And I'm just like dude I didn't even mean to do that lmao.

me32

1000 Post Club
Yeah I think it is a bit rice and unnatural sounding but at the same time I think it sounds cool and it's fun playing with it lol it's just one more thing I can play with to make my drives more fun. It makes me laugh when I'm just stopping at a light or something and all of a sudden it goes "PAP". And I'm just like dude I didn't even mean to do that lmao.
Im glad your enjoying it.