Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

P0420 and Startified tune

3. You install a J defouler on the secondary O2 sensors and we do not remove the code. If the code does not pop and readiness monitors set you will be able to pass emissions
I was going to suggest this. An old school spark plug anti fouler can be drilled out to fit o2 sensors and when installed will remove the o2 sensor from the stream of exhaust. Thus fixing/faking to the computer that your cat is fine.
I would like to mention that I am pretty sure it is illegal for a company that sales tunes to recommend a way around an emissions component.

grnmachine02

I was going to suggest this. An old school spark plug anti fouler can be drilled out to fit o2 sensors and when installed will remove the o2 sensor from the stream of exhaust. Thus fixing/faking to the computer that your cat is fine.
I would like to mention that I am pretty sure it is illegal for a company that sales tunes to recommend a way around an emissions component.
"Off road use only" is how they get out of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
C
Thread Starter #44
I've got a depo racing catted DP coming soon and I'll be running it with the anti fouler. Thanks for all the pointers, guys!

OP
C
Thread Starter #48
Update:
Cats looked great...

I put in the deporacing DP and new o2 sensors just in case. Plus, after going through all that trouble in pulling it out, I sure wasn't going to put in a higher performance piece. 6 hours start to finish.

If you're trying to find a defouler/spacer, I highly recommend the J-style piece from Vibrant Performance.

https://www.amazon.com/Vibrant-11619-J-Style-Restrictor-Adjustable/dp/B00AQ7972O/
I stopped and got gas, started the car up and noticed the engine light was on. I thought it might be the lack of fuel cap design. So I checked it and that looked fine. It’s been below 0 for a couple days, so today it was up to 10 degrees and went to Autozone and the P0420 code was thrown. So I ordered the J-style Restrictor today, will it be alright to drive the car until I get this on?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I stopped and got gas, started the car up and noticed the engine light was on. I thought it might be the lack of fuel cap design. So I checked it and that looked fine. It’s been below 0 for a couple days, so today it was up to 10 degrees and went to Autozone and the P0420 code was thrown. So I ordered the J-style Restrictor today, will it be alright to drive the car until I get this on?
If your state is anything like they do Here in Mn ...which is change the gas formulation for the winter time months due to idling in order to pollute less I would Erase that code. I had another vehicle that had it pop every winter and id clear it and it would come back again the following winter. I contributed it to the Crappy quality of gas....did you ever notice your Fuel economy decreases in the winter? Food for thought.....Don't buy HEET or any of that crap either as the Gas companies put a similar product on their gas in the winter in our Wonderful Rust belt states.[ridinghorse]

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Stock Turbo?

If your state is anything like they do Here in Mn ...which is change the gas formulation for the winter time months due to idling in order to pollute less I would Erase that code. I had another vehicle that had it pop every winter and id clear it and it would come back again the following winter. I contributed it to the Crappy quality of gas....did you ever notice your Fuel economy decreases in the winter? Food for thought.....Don't buy HEET or any of that crap either as the Gas companies put a similar product on their gas in the winter in our Wonderful Rust belt states.[ridinghorse]
I just bought the car on Monday, this was the first time I put gas in it. Yeah they change the gas formula here also. It’s got a Cobb exhaust with cat delete, after market intercooler and that’s all I know. I don’t have a programmer and didn’t have any intention of buying one. It’s been very cold out, then Wednesday I got the shingles, never had that before so I can’t really do anything to it until that heals up.

So you don’t think the Jtype 02 won’t help me get the engine light to go away? I don’t think it have a tune.