Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

P0420 and Startified tune

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I just bought the car on Monday, this was the first time I put gas in it. Yeah they change the gas formula here also. It’s got a Cobb exhaust with cat delete, after market intercooler and that’s all I know. I don’t have a programmer and didn’t have any intention of buying one. It’s been very cold out, then Wednesday I got the shingles, never had that before so I can’t really do anything to it until that heals up.

So you don’t think the Jtype 02 won’t help me get the engine light to go away? I don’t think it have a tune.
The De-fouler will most likely help that now your Cat has been deleted.....You lose back pressure on the stock turbo with a De-catted system by the way....I think I've seen it lose 1 lbs. of boost as others have stated in previous threads, Stratfied can also help with that code! [clap]

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
How do you turn the light off? Thanks for the response.
A scan tool of your choice...They are $30 -100 for a decent one on Amazon.....The pricier you get the more things you can do by the way! I have scan tools ranging from $100 - $500 depending on what I'm trying to do or what modules I wanna get into and see data.[wrenchin]

A scan tool of your choice...They are $30 -100 for a decent one on Amazon.....The pricier you get the more things you can do by the way! I have scan tools ranging from $100 - $500 depending on what I'm trying to do or what modules I wanna get into and see data.[wrenchin]
I’ll order me a scan tool today. My J-02 sensor restrictor is supposed to be here Saturday. Hopefully by then I can work on the car, if not I will find someone to put it on for me.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I’ll order me a scan tool today. My J-02 sensor restrictor is supposed to be here Saturday. Hopefully by then I can work on the car, if not I will find someone to put it on for me.
Make sure to use some high temp Anti-seize on the Threads so that it will come out easier if you ever wanna or need to take it out again....on both the de-fouler and sensor....[party]

I've got a stock ST that I added a Stratified flash tune to and now I have a P0420 Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1). I ordered the tune with the snap crackle and I only ran it for 300 miles or so. I also flashed back to Cobb stage 1 and the light ends up coming back on after a few miles. Did I trash my cat? Am I ok running the car with the CEL on, or is it in limp mode?
Thanks guys!!!
Did you ever find out what the problem is? My cars doing the same thing and smells really strong echaust smell