Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Why does DHM offer a BOV flange option for their race intercoolers

Based

I have emailed them and PM'd them but haven't gotten an answer so I figured I'd ask here. On the Race intercooler by DHM, they have an option to have a flange installed on their intercooler where the BOV is in the front eager than just on the turbo like it is stock. Why is this?

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
I'm in the process of going big turbo right now and I wish my MTC had a flange on it, would make the BOV setup a lot easier.

OP
B

Based

Thread Starter #5
So it's just for looks and ease of access? I'm going to be getting the Cyborg 39 Turbo with the Turbosmart Plumb Back BOV.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I'm guessing that DHM offers a block off plate for those who are not sure they will go BT in the future, but want the flange on their race IC just in case? [dunno]

OP
B

Based

Thread Starter #9
I'm guessing that DHM offers a block off plate for those who are not sure they will go BT in the future, but want the flange on their race IC just in case? [dunno]
I am curious about this too. I don't know if I want to go x47, c39, or the 360r Kit from DHM. But I want to order my IC in a couple weeks. But I also want the Turbosmart Plumb Back BOV for the sound. So I guess if I want the Turbosmart BOV I just have to not get the flange and go for a hybrid turbo.

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
I am curious about this too. I don't know if I want to go x47, c39, or the 360r Kit from DHM. But I want to order my IC in a couple weeks. But I also want the Turbosmart Plumb Back BOV for the sound. So I guess if I want the Turbosmart BOV I just have to not get the flange and go for a hybrid turbo.
Or just get BOV flange on hot side charge pipe if you ever go big turbo... it doesn't HAVE to be on the intercooler

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Once you pick what turbo set up let me know we can recommend the best BOV set up for your needs. Please take a min and give us a call and we can chat about all these turbo options and i can answer any questions you have!

Russ
248-941-4992

OP
B

Based

Thread Starter #12
Once you pick what turbo set up let me know we can recommend the best BOV set up for your needs. Please take a min and give us a call and we can chat about all these turbo options and i can answer any questions you have!

Russ
248-941-4992
i think I have decided. I'm gonna get the 360r Kit. I'm just gonna order my intercooler with the Tial bov flange on it