Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

My Cobb experience

To read the correspondence you have to read this from the bottom up.

Short story, I missed their sale by 2 days because I was waiting on money. I didn't expect them to honor their sale but asked anyways. Their response in short - if I can email them a photo of me doing something stupid and dangerous in my car for their entertainment, they will honor the sale price. I sent them a photo of my AP showing my boost pressure, which is really about as dangerous as I would document and email to someone.

If I had a choice to use something other than the AP to reach my performance goals I would throw it in the trash and never have any dealings with Cobb again.

I redacted some personal info from the correspondence.

##- Please type your reply above this line -##

COBB Tuning Support is available from 9am - 6pm (CST) Mon-Fri
COBB Tuning: 866-922-3059
COBB Plano: 214-291-3020
COBB SoCal: 714-964-7844
COBB Surgeline: 503-670-9500
Your request (#142637) has been updated. Reply to this email or click the link below:
http://cobbtuning.zendesk.com/hc/requests/142637

Kai
Kai (COBB Support)
Nov 16, 10:39 AM CST

Sorry we don't do any price matching.
If you have any other questions feel free to send me another message.

Thanks
Kai

Joe
Nov 16, 10:35 AM CST

Can you match mountunes price for their turbo back system? $899

http://www.mountuneusa.com/mountune-Turbo-Back-Exhaust-Fiesta-ST-p/2364-tbe-aa.htm

Thank you,
Joe
Kai
Kai (COBB Support)
Nov 16, 10:32 AM CST

nope sorry.

Thanks
Kai

Joe
Nov 16, 10:08 AM CST

Is 25.25 PSI of boost on an otherwise stock Fiesta ST count (stratified pro tuned)? I think it's crazy lol. I was thinking a burnout on my private property but I don't have anyone to take a photo. My wife is not into me playing with the car.

Thank you,
Joe
Sent from my iPhone - Please excuse errors as autocorrect has a mind of its own.

Attachment(s)
image1.JPG

Kai
Kai (COBB Support)
Nov 16, 9:44 AM CST

Hi Joe,

As it turns out we don't really have any plans for giving out discount codes after the sale. If you can send us a picture of doing something interesting/crazy/cool/legal with your car we might be able to work something out.

Thanks
Kai

Joe
Nov 16, 9:07 AM CST

I missed your sale by 2 days. I didn?t have the money. I do now (money was being held in escrow from a recent home sale and took longer than expected to be released back to me). I wanted to buy your catback exhaust and exhaust hangers for a 2016 Fiesta ST. Can you make me a promo code or can I call you so I can get the sale price?

Thank you,
Joe
COBB Tuning: support | blog | facebook | instagram | youtube

You have been sent this message because you recently opened a help request with COBB Tuning.

[1GOX05-2WEW]

So is this a negative review of Cobb? I'm not 100% sure what you are going for here. You missed the sale because you didn't have the cash, which sucks but they don't have to honor it for you. The sale ran from X date to Y date, and if you didn't get during that time then it's really on you.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
So is this a negative review of Cobb? I'm not 100% sure what you are going for here. You missed the sale because you didn't have the cash, which sucks but they don't have to honor it for you. The sale ran from X date to Y date, and if you didn't get during that time then it's really on you.
I think he's more upset about them asking him to do a little dance, acquiescing, and then being told no anyway. In other words, they likely knew they were going to say no, but decided to play King and Jester.

I agree with Hijinx. It seems like they wanted to make you do a little dance and then decided the dance wasn't good enough. Seems a little high and mighty of them to me. All they had to do was say they didn't, or couldn't, honor the sale price anymore. Instead they strung the guy along, which was a little unprofessional.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
yea that's ridiculous. I woulda sent them a picture of my bare ass as a nice F.U.

Next time just swipe it and send the cash when you get it.

OP
R
Thread Starter #6
I think he's more upset about them asking him to do a little dance, acquiescing, and then being told no anyway. In other words, they likely knew they were going to say no, but decided to play King and Jester.
That's exactly my issue. If he would have said a simple no, sorry. I would have been okay with it. But hey send me a few pictures of you being an idiot with your car because I could obviously give you a discount if I wanted to. Then not anyways is a probably the worst customer service experience I ever had. Basically what they charge for their parts is a game. I had a wrangler a few years back that I spent $30,000 on then $35,000 in mods on it and every vendor was a pleasure to deal with. I used the in my opinion highest quality companies - American Expedition Vehicles, Evolution off-road, Teraflex and they were always happy to help and happy to sell parts. Cobb has the reputation of American Expedition Vehicles but their customer service is the polar opposite, this is a small group of people in comparison to the Wrangler community and I'm actually surprised that they are still in business with that attitude.

koozy

3000 Post Club
It's a matter of interpretation. I read Cobb's request in terms of a 'build', perhaps to be featured in a video, magazine, show, etc. and not out of jest or ill intended will. They've done it before with other customers who showcase their products not just Fords, in which they offered parts at a discount for advertising them.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
It's a matter of interpretation. I read Cobb's request in terms of a 'build', perhaps to be featured in a video, magazine, show, etc. and not out of jest or ill intended will. They've done it before with other customers who showcase their products not just Fords, in which they offered parts at a discount for advertising them.
Really? Think I can get a free faceplate? Mine is faded, but I also don't want to give up and arm and a leg for one of those new colors they've got.

koozy

3000 Post Club
Really? Think I can get a free faceplate? Mine is faded, but I also don't want to give up and arm and a leg for one of those new colors they've got.
i doubt it, unless you're Matt Farah. Actually... if your's is faded they might replace it. Couldn't hurt to ask.

Anytime I've inquired on discounts or upcoming sales with Mountune they've always come through. Every single purchase I've made, they've hooked me up some how and it continues to keep me coming back. So since the Cobb AP is necessary, keep it. But consider hitting up Mountune for better customer support. I'd wager that even if they couldn't get you a discount, theyd be polite about it.

Man, it sounds to me like Cobb has become too big for their britches... But I blame no one other than the newbie "ricers"... All the younger people and no-nothings that dont research or want to take the time to understand the how and the why are the ones to blame for this... By releasing OTB flash tunes that come with the AP, Cobb has successfully turned numerous people into "ricers". These people dont know how it works and they dont care. They are based on instant gratification, so they take their money and say Im gonna buy whatever "sport" model is out there... (Normally a WRX, STI, Focus ST... even the FiST, anything that it stock Turbo) Then, they immediately buy the bolt-on easy stuff that take zero brain cells to install (intake, Rims...etc) Or the even better option, they pay a rando shop to install it for them... and then they buy the AP... By doing this they think OMG, Becky! my car is gonna be the fastest out there now! But the sad reality is that they absolutely nothing about their car or how it runs...

When I learned how to mod and build cars, I was always taught that you set a goal and build for the future... Yes you start with your bolt-ons, but you learn about them and research and find which ones will make what difference on your car and how that can change the outcome your going to get to. THEN after all that is said and done, Then you get it tuned... You get it tuned for the mods you have, you get it tuned to get the most out of the mods you have. The issue with the OTB flash tunes that places like Cobb sell is they are "safe" tunes and will not make the car run at its optimal performance because they have to worry about idiots like I described earlier that dont know what they are doing but just want MOAR POWAH....

Its very sad to see that they did this to you [MENTION=5189]Racer83L[/MENTION], especially after you doing nothing but asking a simple question...

OP
R
Thread Starter #12
I actually am going with mountunes exhaust. Matt Farah went with mountune over Cobb on his focus Rs after going Cobb on his fiesta. I spoke to him about which he preferred and he described the Cobb as Ricey and the mountune as subtle. My car is not a daily driver so I figured ricey but now Mountine it is. And, they are having an awesome sale $899 for high flow cat and exhaust which Cobb had no interest in matching. I figure the two of them are the same quality and should be able to price match each other but Cobb must think theirs is worth more money.

Cobb has heard of the internet and negative experiences going viral I am sure? I think them saying yes or no would suffice, asking you to the 'dance' part is a little strange for sure.

jeff

2000 Post Club
I was going to grab a Cobb exhaust but ended up choosing mountune as it sounds less raspy and more growly. I emailed them and they were very nice and gave me a discount. Go for it you'll be happy.

OP
R
Thread Starter #15
thanks everyone I am glad I wasn't alone with the way I felt they were treating their customers.

OP
R
Thread Starter #17
Use code mountune rewards for 15% mountune anything
I did. went on a bit of a shopping spree with them the last few days. Mountune, No-Pistons, CJPonyParts, Stratified have all been awesome to work with. I didn't buy from DHM or SourSkittles yet but they have both been fantastic to talk to.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Reminds me of some customers in the retail Jewelry business I owned. They demand a discount because they "missed" the sale so we offer a cash discount. What do they do? Pull out their checkbook and want to write a check. We say no we still pay fees on a checks. Then they get irate because we are "demanding " they go to an ATM and get cash. We just send them away.
We offered a rebate on wedding sets if they provided a picture we could use in our sales literature and used it often. If Cobb gave sales prices to everyone all the time people would ignore their sales. All they ask for was a pic they could use but that was too much trouble so you got irate. Sad.

I am with Cobb on this, strikes me as a tantrum/revenge post because you did not get your way. But then I am sure you have never had to make payroll and cover overhead in a business. Customers like you I am sure Cobb or any other legit business can do without.

Because you choose to flame a good company you could not intimidate you open yourself to be flamed even if Cobb has enough class to refrain from it. Just because you don't get your way is in no way a reflection on Cobb but yourself, try that with any retail store and see how it works out for you. As a retired multiple business owner you are the type of customer we did not encourage to come back, we did not need the drama. So no, your pity me tale of Cobb mistreating you does not impress me or any other business owner I am sure.