Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Kansei's Garage Queen

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^You're overwhelming the Star Specs on just a Strat tune?!?!? YIKES!
(Now I'm glad I went for the RS-RRs instead of the Evos!!)

That 'enthusiast's country club' sounds GREAT (maybe a little 'high zoot', but great nonetheless IF the members don't have a 'moneyed, look down their noses at you, type attitude')! [thumb]

Usually, around this area of the country, that type of setup is done in conjunction with an on site ROAD COURSE (or two) for the members to enjoy their rides on as well. [wink]

The bitoggers used to agree that the Fram ULTRA was the current fave, bargain priced at China Mart, 'go to' filter, I guess that's changed to the Pure One since I've last been on there almost a year ago.

OP
K
Thread Starter #83
I'm glad this one isn't near any track, because if it was it'd have to be like 30+ miles away and I'd never go. I can walk to this place from downtown (albeit an hour walk) :). It's meant to serve people in the city not the burbs where everyone has their own garage bay anyway.

I've been using the pureone filters for at least 10 years now usually in a slightly bigger size than OEM so I'm fine continuing with that!

By 'overwhelming' I mean in the sense that if I fully apply the throttle the cobb traction control kicks in. Low speed stuff

Yeah I'm hoping the place isn't too pretentious, you never know here. The dozen or so people who were there for the tour I was on seemed mostly chill. Of course, other than the owner they didn't know I drive a Fiesta. They'll probably just think it's a Focus ST like everyone else ;). A friend of mine is joining as well and we're both planning on buying NA Miatas to use as project cars there too :)

Here's a pic they posted from that day showing their prospective customer's cars https://www.instagram.com/p/BT5YPn3BVW2/

edit: finally got around to calling and scheduling an alignment, gonna have them change the oil as well. I can install the evap line in my parking garage or on a random abandoned street late at night if needed heh

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
NICE! [thumb]

Is that silver beast parked in front a late '60s Alfa GTV, in PERFECT shape, with Cromodoras on it no less??!!

OP
K
Thread Starter #85
NICE! [thumb]

Is that silver beast parked in front a late '60s Alfa GTV, in PERFECT shape, with Cromodoras on it no less??!!
Yeah it looked flawless, I was drooling over that car even more than the Lancia. Never did meet the owner though, it was there when I got there and still there when I left. While I certainly have a huge appreciation for old Italian cars I'm definitely not fully up on my knowledge of them.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yeah it looked flawless, I was drooling over that car even more than the Lancia. Never did meet the owner though, it was there when I got there and still there when I left. While I certainly have a huge appreciation for old Italian cars I'm definitely not fully up on my knowledge of them.
Was the Integrale a street/road-going version, or was it a full-on Group A rally prepped 'works' car (full cage, carbon-kevlar seats, etc.)?

OP
K
Thread Starter #89
got the alignment done and camber bolts in. Went to Group 2 Motorsports which for anyone in the Seattle area is definitely worth a visit! such an insane number of Alfas there mmmm

Front camber: -1.60Ā°
Front Toe: 0.08Ā° L, 0.09Ā° R.

don't really know the before since the before on the printout is from after the camber bolt install, but the car steers noticeably better even at city speeds. Feels good :)

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Nice! [thumb]

I'm getting one done this Saturday, before the 1.2s/RS-RRs go on next week.

I'm only going to shoot for ~.75 neg. camber (daily driver, sometimes long, straight highway trips), 0.05 toe, and as much even caster as they can get, from a factory suspension. ;)

OP
K
Thread Starter #91
This past Friday I finally fell in love with this car. I finally got it off the city grid and highways. I went out to the Olympic Peninsula and drove up to Hurricane Ridge, though late at night (got to the top at midnight) which made it a bit white knuckle. Put lots of high quality miles on the car, including gravel and tarmac rally stages ;).

Only got two check engine lights! One was an EVAP code because I forgot to plug the electrical connection for the new purge control valve in. The second was a code about something with the PCV system being disconnected so I popped the hood and re-seated every quick-connect vacuum fitting. Cleared codes with the accessport (now I see the value of keeping it in the glovebox) and everything seems fine now. The 2015 purge control valve kit is the way to go, and I think it's the cheapest of the 2016+ intake solutions. I think the left/right aiming of my headlamps may be off. Like my driver side one is pointing too far to the right. It was awkward on switchbacks, lefts were very dark/dangerous (even with the high beams on) but rights were ezmode.

Now that I know the handling characteristics of the car better, I'm thinking about more mods. I ordered the 6 point chassis brace and strut tower brace from Pierce Motorsport, hoping to enhance turn-in feel at higher speeds (like over 50). On the sound side, I'm impressed with how the cp-e exhaust is virtually silent at highway speeds --even on roads with good pavement, which don't make the star specs scream. I figure I can enhance the sound more without impacting that so I ordered their resonator delete pipe from Whoosh.

I think I need to look at brake cooling, as my front brakes were smoking really heavily halfway down that mountain ridge and I was in 2nd engine braking when not accelerating. Not sure if it was from excessive torque vectoring on the way up --it was a paved road but tons of loose coarse sand and gravel from rockslides. I always drive in sport mode, so Ford traction control off and Stratified/Cobb (doesn't use the brakes) on. I'd love a limited slip but that'll come later, if I do it it'll be a bigger project with clutch and flywheel at minimum. It would most likely be done concurrently with a big turbo. I'm not actually planning any of that just yet, I'm thinking about a second car instead.

a few photos from the trip:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Nice! [thumb]

Let us know if the resonator delete is just a little bit 'throatier', or makes the Nexus system; unbearable, deafening, or ricey fartpipe sounding.

I am thinking of eventually trying the delete pipe as well, to save some more weight, and add a little more sound. ;)

Are those Muteki SR48 lug nuts on the 1.2s now?

OP
K
Thread Starter #94
Do you drive with the esc off or? Curious.
on, but sport mode which I gather means stability control on traction control off. Plus obviously there's the torque vectoring. It's as if these systems are designed to trash the brakes because it's cheaper (than a limited slip) and most customers would never notice the difference :p.

^^^Nice! [thumb]

Let us know if the resonator delete is just a little bit 'throatier', or makes the Nexus system; unbearable, deafening, or ricey fartpipe sounding.

I am thinking of eventually trying the delete pipe as well, to save some more weight, and add a little more sound. ;)

Are those Muteki SR48 lug nuts on the 1.2s now?
yep those are mutekis. The exhaust seem to have broken in or something on that trip as well. I drove the car yesterday and to my ear it sounds different, better. I'll definitely report back on the resonator delete.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
I always drive with the ESC off for that exact reason, to lessen the TV. Wonder if that's what made your brakes cook up? Car is looking good btw, come join he hybrid side lol

Sent from my CIA monitored device

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Same here, I turn it completely off as soon as I get the car started, even if I am only going to the grocery store, in order to save the brakes as much as possible.

I don't even bother with 'Sport Mode' at all.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
^^^Same here, I turn it completely off as soon as I get the car started, even if I am only going to the grocery store, in order to save the brakes as much as possible.

I don't even bother with 'Sport Mode' at all.
Exact same here, been doing it for so long, it's like an automatic action now.

OP
K
Thread Starter #98
I always drive with the ESC off for that exact reason, to lessen the TV. Wonder if that's what made your brakes cook up? Car is looking good btw, come join he hybrid side lol
thanks! it's certainly how i drove my previous cars (most of which didn't have even traction control). I don't think I was at the limit enough that it would have been engaging, I wasn't getting any real rotation or anything. Late at night in a national forest (aka crazy dark) on an unfamiliar mountain pass, I was not pushing the limits :p.

Next time I find some engaging driving roads I'll try with ESC fully off. I don't care about the brake component wear at all, i'd really prefer things to wear quickly so I have more reason to upgrade ;).

As for the hybrid turbo, I'm certainly considering the big turbo route in the future which is why I've avoided a downpipe for now. I'm honestly quite happy with the power the car makes even up at 7k rpm though. It would be modding just for the sake of modding if and when I do it.

even if I am only going to the grocery store
I admire your dedication! I try to drive my car strictly for fun things so I really don't have much of an excuse. It's not like it takes that long to hold the button. I was really waiting for the stability control to intrude into the driving experience to try turning it fully off. It's not the wear I really care about, but the risk of cooking the brakes and not having enough brake when I need it.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Iirc, with the Esc engaged, TV the most intrusive, without esc fully engaging. There is a thread out there somewhere.