Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

E30 mixing chart

Trader history for Alex@Stratified (0)

I run close to E30 on the OTS 91 stage 3 map. My car is much happier with a couple gallons of ethanol added vs top tier 91 e-free only. Ignition timing, knock count, and OAR all improve with E85 added to a full tank of 91.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
Where do you get your E85 from?

I get it from the Jump Start @ 21st and West. But there are a couple other places around town.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
Thanks, I'll give them a try. The one on the east side is pretty lame with to much water in there according the my test gauge

HardBoiledEgg

1000 Post Club
Just bumping this to see if you smart people can make me less dumb

So even if I buy a tester to see content it seems like a ton of work to get a 100% feeling that you have E30 mix

If the content is different here and there you would need to compensate with more E85 no? But seems like guess work cause you will never truly know what amount of gallons you have in your tank before you start filling?

If this is making any sense

Quisp

1000 Post Club
Just bumping this to see if you smart people can make me less dumb

So even if I buy a tester to see content it seems like a ton of work to get a 100% feeling that you have E30 mix

If the content is different here and there you would need to compensate with more E85 no? But seems like guess work cause you will never truly know what amount of gallons you have in your tank before you start filling?

If this is making any sense
It doesn't have to be aerospace precise.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
I just add 4.001 gallons of E85 and fill up the rest with premium every time I fill up. And I don't fill up until it's at a quarter or lower. My LTFT stays +/- 4% which means I'm right on the money. The lower your LFFT, the lower your ethanol content. The tuners tend to agree that anything between -10 and +10 is fine.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

shouldn't this thread be updated to reflect that most E85 is now E54?

Is that just in AZ or in all states?

codestp202

All my e85 pumps say they contain at least 70% ethanol. Where are you getting this info?

It's pretty common knowledge out here, I did a little searching and it looks like this is just in AZ so far but other states could be next.

https://www.svtperformance.com/forums/threads/az-only-has-e54-now-any-other-states-like-this.1121571/

https://www.dynocomp.com/blog/2016/09/14/e85-and-e54-ethanol-flex-fuel-in-arizona/

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/e85-ethanol/732711-e85-no-more-now-called-flex-fuel-ethanol-lowered-e54.html

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
News to me. All my stations here in Houston area are 70%+

codestp202

AzNightmare

I just add 4.001 gallons of E85 and fill up the rest with premium every time I fill up. And I don't fill up until it's at a quarter or lower. My LTFT stays +/- 4% which means I'm right on the money. The lower your LFFT, the lower your ethanol content. The tuners tend to agree that anything between -10 and +10 is fine.

Can you expand on this? I don't really need the tech side of understanding this... but simply just knowing how to read my AP to ensure my car is running safely.
So basically set my AP to read "LTFT" and if the number shows between -10% and +10%, I am ok?

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Yes that's my understanding. That is the long term fuel trim, which is basically how much fuel the ecu is adding or subtracting to hit the target air/fuel ratio. Razorlab is the one that correlated the two but in my experience he is correct. When I add extra E85 it raises my LTFT ever so slightly.

The computer can accommodate a very wide range of ethanol content. It does not need to be exactly 30%. Most tuners agree that anything between 20-40% is well within the adjustment range of the pcm. In that case, why not aim more for the 40? Anyway, I try to aim for 30% and you get a feel for it after awhile. I don't sweat it anymore.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
In my opinion, the best way to ensure your car is running fine is to just turn off your AP and trust your tuner lol. But if you insist on monitoring, you can monitor knock count, ignition corrections and air fuel ratio. Knock count should be 3 or less, though I hardly ever get any. Ignition corrections should only be positive generally, though lugging it in 5th or 6th can give negative corrections, as can bouncing it off the rev limiter. For air fuel ratio you don't want it to ever lean out (larger number) when you're getting on it. It's the hardest one to monitor real time.

I would just do a datalog or three and if she's fine, she's fine.