Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

T-Bolt clamps

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
If I wanted to replace the factory worm gear type clamps with a t-bolt style on the stock COLD SIDE only IC to TB piping, what sizes would I need??

I will probably go with the Vibrant deals, unless someone has a source for equal quality (some of the Vibrant clamps ARE made here) for less coin. ;)

I bought the Mountune clamps which come with every boost pipe size. Let me measure them and get back to you

The mountune kit has:

2x 3 1/4 inch (Size 44)
4x 2 3/4 inch (Size 36)
2x 2 1/4 inch (Size 28)
4x 2 inch (Size 24)

That is all the one's needed to replace every boost pipe. Which one's are for what? That I don't know yet.

OP
M-Sport fan

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
Thanks, that's interesting and I've never seen anything about that topic before now. [thumb]

This being my first turbo car ever (and first real boosted setup), I figured that the t-bolts were the way to go since they seem to be the standard in boost hose/pipe kits which come complete with clamps.

Maybe I will switch to looking for those highest quality, non-slotted (so they do not cut into the silicone as much), heavy duty worm gear apparatus, Swedish/German (ABA is the company name I believe??) 304/18-8 stainless, worm gear clamps, and just check them once a month since they do not have the nylock nuts on them like the t-bolts do.

brbauer2

A little drop of Loctite would work if you're worried of loosening, just stay away from the red.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

If I wanted to replace the factory worm gear type clamps with a t-bolt style on the stock COLD SIDE only IC to TB piping, what sizes would I need??

I will probably go with the Vibrant deals, unless someone has a source for equal quality (some of the Vibrant clamps ARE made here) for less coin. ;)
I used HPS 2-1/4 inch T-bolt clamps. (These)

Bought a 2-inch clamp, but it was too small. Bought a 2-1/2 inch, and that was too big. 2-1/4 inch fit perfectly for replacing all three worm-gear clamps on the factory cold-side pipe.

Edit: To clarify, I didn't use the above product to replace the clamp securing the intercooler to the cold-side pipe. I have CPE's intercooler, and that came with T-bolt clamps for the intercooler. The other three clamps on the cold-side were replaced using the product linked above.

OP
M-Sport fan

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
A little drop of Loctite would work if you're worried of loosening, just stay away from the red.
Would this work on a screw which is exposed to air??

I thought that their products ONLY worked in an anaerobic environment (enclosed and NOT exposed to air)? [dunno]

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Blue threadlock would work fine, it will still make it's way into the threads.

Honestly I haven't had any problems with mine, I adjusted them once every 2,000 miles or so and they've stayed tight.