Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stratified V3 tune with traction control

Trader history for Dragvan (0)

I finally got to take the Fiesta ST in the curves with the new tune. I had there tune on it before with the cobb traction control and well that wasn't so great lol. The tune by itself was a big improvement over stock but the reason I went with stratified was there traction control. There take on the traction control is great! I haven't had to touch it. I like where there optimized setting is. I have a road that I really like to play on and its a great test for the TC. I ran one of my favorite roads and never noticed the TC pulling power like the cobb did. It never felt like it was taking anything away from me. At the top I stopped to see if it ever came on and saw it pulled 12 degs out at one point. It did come on but it never felt like it was slowing me down.

The tune itself is great. I did see 27.04psi of boost at one point but only once. The Oar was at -1 and all the timing comps were on the plus side. The low end torque is way better I never bogged down on slow 2nd gear corners like I used to. The higher rev limit is also nice , I didn't have to change to 3rd then right back to 2nd for some turns. I will say anything above 5500 seems flat but I expected that looking at the curve and knowing its a small turbo. Seems to be a safe well thought out tune and that's what I was looking for. I did load the pops and crackle tune and now I want a downpipe without a cat lol. With the stock pipe and exhaust it just sounds funny.

I own a 2006 Viper so the car doesn't seem fast but it is faster than it was. The road I was on I have run the Viper and the Fiesta was only 4secs slower. That's not to bad, 5min30 in anything on that road is fast. I will say its a tight twisty road and the fiesta was kinda made for stuff like that but its a freaking Viper lol.

Thanks Alex for getting my tune straight and Stratified for making a well thought out tune for us stock turbo guys.

hey dragvan,i know alex is a miracle worker but 27 psi on a bone stock car?the most i got from his tune on a stock turbo was 24psi.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Thanks for the review! [thumb]

Now I am itching to get mine, but I still want a few more miles on the car (at ~900 now), and the CP-E IC and GFB DV installed before I put the Strat Flash in the ECU (yes, even in the cold winter). [:(]

OP
Dragvan
Thread Starter #4
hey dragvan,i know alex is a miracle worker but 27 psi on a bone stock car?the most i got from his tune on a stock turbo was 24psi.
I see 26 a good bit. Maybe being at higher elevation has something to do with it???

Do you know if this traction control disables the stock TVC or is it still using the brakes to keep wheelspin down?

OP
Dragvan
Thread Starter #6
Do you know if this traction control disables the stock TVC or is it still using the brakes to keep wheelspin down?
It's spark based and doesn't use the brakes or throttle to slow it down. You can keep your factory tcs on and use both of needed. I think the torque vectoring still is on and will use the brakes to help rotate the car. Maybe Alex can go into more detail and make sure I'm telling you the correct things.

Thank you for the review! Sounds like you live close to the kinds of roads I wished I lived next to!
[MENTION=5059]RED RYDER[/MENTION] Our V3 tunes have allowed more power after a lot of data analysis which is why they allow more boost. When looking at peak numbers on the AP keep in mind that you can have a very momentary condition at a peak number that doesn't tell the whole story of how much boost the car is holding. Also keep in mind that altitude, temperatures, and parts installed all play a role in boost targets as well as how much boost the turbo will generate.

Based

Yeah the v3 tune really is good. My car is stock engine wise except for the 93 flash tune and I'm fine with the power right now. I'm working more towards launch technique and getting lighter wheels+stickier tires next.

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
I finally got to take the Fiesta ST in the curves with the new tune. I had there tune on it before with the cobb traction control and well that wasn't so great lol. The tune by itself was a big improvement over stock but the reason I went with stratified was there traction control. There take on the traction control is great! I haven't had to touch it. I like where there optimized setting is. I have a road that I really like to play on and its a great test for the TC. I ran one of my favorite roads and never noticed the TC pulling power like the cobb did. It never felt like it was taking anything away from me. At the top I stopped to see if it ever came on and saw it pulled 12 degs out at one point. It did come on but it never felt like it was slowing me down.

The tune itself is great. I did see 27.04psi of boost at one point but only once. The Oar was at -1 and all the timing comps were on the plus side. The low end torque is way better I never bogged down on slow 2nd gear corners like I used to. The higher rev limit is also nice , I didn't have to change to 3rd then right back to 2nd for some turns. I will say anything above 5500 seems flat but I expected that looking at the curve and knowing its a small turbo. Seems to be a safe well thought out tune and that's what I was looking for. I did load the pops and crackle tune and now I want a downpipe without a cat lol. With the stock pipe and exhaust it just sounds funny.

I own a 2006 Viper so the car doesn't seem fast but it is faster than it was. The road I was on I have run the Viper and the Fiesta was only 4secs slower. That's not to bad, 5min30 in anything on that road is fast. I will say its a tight twisty road and the fiesta was kinda made for stuff like that but its a freaking Viper lol.

Thanks Alex for getting my tune straight and Stratified for making a well thought out tune for us stock turbo guys.
If I may, what is their optimized setting for their TC?

OP
Dragvan
Thread Starter #10
Go to stratified a site , it explains there tc. There optimized is the way it canes from them. I no longer run there tune. I didn't like the throttle sensitivity. Mainly in first gear. I was told the only way they would help me was a full custom tune. To bad it was a great tune other than that.

OP
Dragvan
Thread Starter #11
Go to stratifieds site , it explains there tc. There optimized is the way it comes from them. I no longer run there tune. I didn't like the throttle sensitivity. Mainly in first gear. I was told the only way they would help me was a full custom tune. To bad it was a great tune other than that.

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
I've heard a lot of feedback on the 1st gear sensitivity; hopefully this is something they will address with a revision. I'll go to their site to see if I can find-out what their "optimized" setting is.

OP
Dragvan
Thread Starter #13
I hope they do fix the issue with the sensitivity. When I had the tune they seem to think there was no issue. Make sure you talk to Alex.

I hope they do fix the issue with the sensitivity. When I had the tune they seem to think there was no issue. Make sure you talk to Alex.
I've read it has to do with a remapped throttle. I agree that it's just a tad jumpy in first.

I've read it has to do with a remapped throttle. I agree that it's just a tad jumpy in first.