Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Are decent summer tires really this hard to find in socal area in stock size?

Costco...not much. Americas tire...tells me they can't install bf goodrich comp 2s in the stock size. And the 2 they list that they will install seem like junk to me. Those were my go to outlets. Anyone have any ideas on who and where to get some new skins in the LA area?

Order them on tirerack.com . It's your best bet. Most places sell generic stuff. A friend of mine owns a tire/alignment shop and he can also get you a set of tires you want and a quote. His shop is in Monrovia.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Costco...not much. Americas tire...tells me they can't install bf goodrich comp 2s in the stock size. And the 2 they list that they will install seem like junk to me. Those were my go to outlets. Anyone have any ideas on who and where to get some new skins in the LA area?
I've been recently using Firestone shops which helped because I've been using the Firestone tires lately and they will match anyone else's price on them. I also have unlimited alignments with them.

I agree with the other poster that you can buy on tirerack. Actually I was going to buy the tires on TireRack and have Firestone install them because tirerack had a special but when I asked Firestone, they beat tirerack's special and had the tires in stock so no need to have tirerack ship them. It was a no-brainer for me.

Sent using Tapatalk

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Firestone turned me away when I asked them to install my Generals (hate'm btw). They said they only install Firestone or brands they sell.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Firestone turned me away when I asked them to install my Generals (hate'm btw). They said they only install Firestone or brands they sell.
Good to know. Haven't tried to use them to install anything except Firestone tires so far. But I was planning to use them on my next set. Most likely Michelin PSS but it really depends what size I will go with and whether I get new wheels before then.

Not sure if you hate the Generals or Firestone?

Sent using Tapatalk

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hate the Generals...Firestone is alright. service can vary by location. But do I have the lifetime alignment plan for my wife's minivan with them

OP
staynumz
Thread Starter #7
Thanks guys. I found a couple smaller shops that can get some decent tires. I'm thinking about trying the eagle f1 asymmetrics. They are also looking into some re760 stones.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Thanks guys. I found a couple smaller shops that can get some decent tires. I'm thinking about trying the eagle f1 asymmetrics. They are also looking into some re760 stones.
Let us know how you like whatever you decide. I've been looking at those stones as well. There's also the new Indy 500s available but the available sizes are lmited.

Sent using Tapatalk

OP
staynumz
Thread Starter #9
So I went online and ordered the Goodyear eagle asymmetrics from Goodyear. 205/40/17. $550 tax included and "free" installation. They had a list of preferred installers. I picked one closest to me. Happens that this same store quoted me 150 a tire and 100 to install. Needless to say they were giving me attitude right away when I told them I went straight through Goodyear. Telling me they don't honor the free installation.
Anyway I called Goodyear and they said they would take care of the install issue with the store. Which I think they did. But by now it's a bad vibe going on.
I went ahead and scheduled and appointment online with Goodyear for last Friday. They had 4 days to get the tires delivered to the shop. Friday comes and nothing. GY tells me maybe Sat. Sat and nothing. Now I'm kinda pissed at the whole deal so I cancelled.
Called western tire in Burbank and ordered a set of Pirelli zero neros. $450 out the door. They had them at the store next day and I finally have a new set of tires on.
I'm thinking tire rack is the way to go next time. But that's a pain in the butt really.
The Pirellis feel noticeably stiffer compared to the stock stones.

MPA

Tire Rack will show you local installers where you can ship the tires directly to, and a guaranteed price of what it will cost to install them. All you need to do is make an appointment for install.

Years ago on a Solstice, NTB quoted me $900 for a set of Good Year Eagle GTs. Got the same tires from Tire Rack, shipped to, and installed at that same NTB for a total of $750. So I've been using Tire Rack ever since if they have what I want, and they include road hazard with every tire now.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
I went with the indy 500s at 205/45 and I love it. No rubbing issues so far either. They make me want to go on a road trip, lol.

For other local places though you could also try onlinetires.com. They seem to have good prices and they are located here in LA mirada. If you are willing to pick it up at the warehouse there, you can save shipping costs. I'll likely get my federal ss595s for my 15" wheels there.

Zormecteon

The Michelin Pilot Sports A3 ... The A3+ should be available shortly... .. Is damn near as good as any of the Ultra High Performance Tires according to all measures and tests.... and available at Costco......

just sayin' ...

neeqness

1000 Post Club
I had a local tire shop install my Federals. They were my go to a couple times when I caught a nail in my tire and they did a good job and had great prices but they really overpressurized my Feds so now I'm considering another. I have a suspension shop that does tires too though pricier and a lube shop that I just recently found out is full service. Guys seem knowledgeable about mods and similar types of upgrades so we'll see if their prices are right. Did a good job upgrading my front brakes and other service requests I had in the past.

I find no matter where I go, (so far) even if it's a shop I frequent, I get better service and many times prices when I call in first and ask for a quote. They tend to be willing to negotiate more too.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk