Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

mountune downpipe

so my depo intercooler, mountune downpipe, cat back, symposer delete all arrived today. still waiting on the mountune flaps (should be here Wednesday) I opened the down pipe and WOW its beautiful. such a shame to put this thing under the car where it cannot be seen...

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
That is PURDY! [thumb]

Is the inlet a full 3", or is it 'necked down' to stock turbine outlet diameter?

The outlet at the flange looks to be the stock resonator pipe diameter. [dunno]

I don't have the dp but their catback sounds great. Very nice deep tone. Happy I went Mountune.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
IF I had chosen to go the 2.5" 304 stainless system route, it would have been either the Mountune or Cobb systems. ;)

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
IF I had chosen to go the 2.5" 304 stainless system route, it would have been either the Mountune or Cobb systems. ;)
Check out the 2JRacing DP - I was considering the Depo Racing version but it doesn't have the additional mounting bracket like the Mountune, shit, even the Cobb doesn't have it.
The price of the 2JRacing made the decision for me! Can't wait for christmas....

Anyways, that's my $0.02!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Check out the 2JRacing DP - I was considering the Depo Racing version but it doesn't have the additional mounting bracket like the Mountune, shit, even the Cobb doesn't have it.
The price of the 2JRacing made the decision for me! Can't wait for christmas....

Anyways, that's my $0.02!
ABSOLUTELY a great choice for a DP (and it is in the running with the DHM and CP-E when the time comes), but I was referring to the CBEs in the post above. ;)

OP
R
Thread Starter #15
Saturday I installed the full turbo back system, symposer delete and depo intercooler.. the symposer delete was probably the hardest part. the down pipe is a royal PITA but its doable just takes time. the cat back and intercooler were easy peasy.

My review, Depo's intercooler gets 2 thumbs up. fit and finish were excellent.

Mountune downpipe gets a 10 out of 10. their cat back gets a 8 out of 10 because I think I need to bend the mounts a bit to get it further away from the bumper. all in all, Im happy. My brother has a 350z with no cats and nismo exhaust... I think my car has that sort of tone not a ricey sound at all.. very deep and powerful. as far as sound goes in happy 10 out of 10. its funny how sound transforms the driving experience as much as it does. now to order a new tune from stratified.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Saturday I installed the full turbo back system, symposer delete and depo intercooler.. the symposer delete was probably the hardest part. the down pipe is a royal PITA but its doable just takes time. the cat back and intercooler were easy peasy.

Mountune downpipe gets a 10 out of 10. their cat back gets a 8 out of 10 because I think I need to bend the mounts a bit to get it further away from the bumper. all in all, Im happy. My brother has a 350z with no cats and nismo exhaust... I think my car has that sort of tone not a ricey sound at all.. very deep and powerful. as far as sound goes in happy 10 out of 10. its funny how sound transforms the driving experience as much as it does. now to order a new tune from stratified.
Try loosening off the clamps and rotating the tail section. I think I had to do this to get my Borla to sit proper in the hole when the engine is off.

OP
R
Thread Starter #17
Try loosening off the clamps and rotating the tail section. I think I had to do this to get my Borla to sit proper in the hole when the engine is off.
that sound about right. thanks for the advice ill give it a try

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Bravo on the installs! And atta boy on getting the Strat Tune! And I agree, this car by no means sounds ricey;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m thinking to get one too, but worrying about the CEL pop out cause I don’t want to tune it..how about yours?