Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Is removing the front grille without taking the bumper off possible?

codestp202

Hi everyone,

I have been looking to take my front grille off and shaving the bottom holes to increase air flow. I have found ~2-3 threads from different years of differentiating information.

I have tried lightly pulling or prying on one of the clips but I am afraid to break it. Is it possible to remove the grille from the front without taking the bumper off?

Thanks,
-Cody

The bottom section covers the crash bar. I don't see improving any air flow, just exposing the crash bar.

AzNightmare

Doesn't matter on which year or USDM or EDM.
There's a crashbar there, and the only reason Ford has those lower areas on the grill blocked is because there's a crash bar behind it, and drill holes through would be redundant.

You can grind/shave behind the grill(honey-comb) 3-4" lower before you actually reach the top of the crash bar. You do gain some direct airflow to the radiator. Take a look...