Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PumaSpeed X-47 Hybrid Turbo Thread

How many have purchased / installed / tuned the x-47 Hybrid Turbo?

• X-47 Purchased

Votes: 53 75.7%
  • X-47 Installed

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • X-47 Tuned

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • X-47 Dyno / V-Dyno Results

Votes: 8 11.4%

• Total voters
OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #21
This sounds very good in theory. I guess for my purposes though, without an LSD the 300whp is going to be a total tire roast on the track. Unless I can do boost by gear and unleash the 300whp in 3rd-5th...
I suppose you could have a map slot developed specifically for track use and limit boost levels in the lower gears...

BBG.jpg

Or perhaps reduce gear based / torque limit values for the lower gears...

Rhinopolis

What excites me most about the X-47 is how the power is described as being able to build until 7500 rpms. Currently and on my x-37, the power increase once past 5k rpms is definitely noticeable above the stock turbo, but to me it is only good to about 6700 rpms and before you might as well upshift.

If the X-47 can truly hit boost and build/hold power from 2200 rpms up until 7500 rpms, then wow.....

Some guy on the internet asked why not just pony up the few extra grand for DHM, and although I firmly believe that DHM is the current top dog Fiesta ST turbo system manufacturer, I went with the X-37 for simplicity, cost, reputation of Pumaspeed, and not personally requiring or wanting what a more advanced system would provide with wheel power.

All in all and what my ultimate goal for my car is, is to achieve a true 300/300 at the wheel without meth or aux fueling. I don't mind having to blend for E30 since my FiST isn't a DD, but it sure would be nice to be able to make 300/300 on 93 octane alone.

A7xogg

Well a power band of 300hp and 300wtq for 5k of power band would be perfect for a daily. And not too much for an autoxer like myself

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #26
According to PumaSpeed 3 FiSTs are currently being dyno tested both here in the US and UK and results should be posted soon...

Also worth mentioning again, very soon you'll be able to purchase PumaSpeed's Hybrid Turbos through a US Vendor here stateside - Panda Motorworks...They will also be the "go to" guys for customers who want full US support...Panda also does installs (for those local) and are registered COBB ProTuners who can do both e-tunes as well as dyno tunes...

Pete

Wanted to let you guys know after talking with pumaspeed about my current car and everything, I have went ahead and pulled the trigger for the x37 to x47 swap. It was a very good deal for myself and I consider it a partial sponsorship. I will be getting tuned through DHM and will post my real numbers once the engine gets put together and everything reinstalled again and up and running. I estimate my car will be up and running in January some time.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
^^ Wuv youuuu! [cheerleader]

In other news, Pumaspeed pulled the X-47 from their site while they work things out. Now i can't obsess over it everyday :( But kudos to Pumaspeed. Stand up crew. Not all vendors on this site pull products off their site when they're not ready to sell....

The same kind of people who won't spend a few thousand more for the big dog. It's all relative.

Some Guy On The Internet
Agreed but the difference between each of their 3 hybrid kits is less than $100. They should drop the price on the legacy 27 and 37 if they actually want to sell them.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Wanted to let you guys know after talking with pumaspeed about my current car and everything, I have went ahead and pulled the trigger for the x37 to x47 swap. It was a very good deal for myself and I consider it a partial sponsorship. I will be getting tuned through DHM and will post my real numbers once the engine gets put together and everything reinstalled again and up and running. I estimate my car will be up and running in January some time.
My man!

Can't wait...

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #30
Way to go Pete...looking forward to seeing your results!

In other news, Pumaspeed pulled the X-47 from their site while they work things out. Now i can't obsess over it everyday :( But kudos to Pumaspeed. Stand up crew. Not all vendors on this site pull products off their site when they're not ready to sell....
I just got an update as to the reason why PumaSpeed just pulled the new x-47 from their website...They just got swamped with too many requests for orders and simply do not have the level of inventory in place to meet demand which should change very soon...

I just got an update as to the reason why PumaSpeed just pulled the new x-47 from their website...They just got swamped with too many requests for orders and simply do not have the level of inventory in place to meet demand which should change very soon...
This surprises me. As hyped as I am about this release, where are all these people who are willing to spend that much money without seeing any data? I don't get it.

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #33
This surprises me. As hyped as I am about this release, where are all these people who are willing to spend that much money without seeing any data? I don't get it.
I agree...I wouldn't consider purchasing without seeing final results published either...

Good news is that there are at least 3 FiSTs currently finishing up final dyno tests so data should be available very soon...

Glad to see that PumaSpeed isn't ready to offer the x-47 until they do have final test results available to post and enough supply available to meet demand...

How soon is very soon? :p

Would make a great stocking stuffer lol
I'm told they expect to have final test results completed as early as next week and the x-47 will finally be available for purchase on PumaSpeed's website shortly after that....I'm not sure when their US Vendor will have them available for purchase on their website...

Siestarider

There are plenty of data on K39's, Cyborgs, C39's X-37's and a bunch of larger air pumps. I have run two hybrids enough to know they take you well beyond stock hp and torque.

It is likely the C39 proved tough competition for X-37. So its reasonable to assume X-47 will be an iterative improvement in some respects over both.

As a confirmed data hound, I understand the desire for near certainty. I also recall the early days of this forum when pioneers were posting daily on their experiments, exciting times and lots of diversity of ideas. Seems the crowd has matured. Some may even be elderly ladies. No disrespect meant Ma'am.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
But they didn't sponsor the guy who put up all those bad ass videos? Crazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LILIKE16ST

I was sad when Adam stopped selling the x37 this side of the pond because that was my plan....but hearing this excites me very very much....VERY EXTREMELY INTERESTED in this.....sorry did I mention I was EXCITED? Lol

I'm told they expect to have final test results completed as early as next week and the x-47 will finally be available for purchase on PumaSpeed's website shortly after that....I'm not sure when their US Vendor will have them available for purchase on their website...
You are a hero man. I'll be looking forward to it. Id assume Panda will also be selling the X-27 and X-37 too if they are still being made. That would be really cool.

Sounds like Deja vu

FiSTed_ST

I am in the exact same boat, will be one of the first in the state with the X47 have already paid and processed an order hoping to see it in the US soon. I will have Ryan from PD-tuning doing a dyno tune. Will have results to publish on 93 as well as e30! Can not wait! Expecting over 300whp! No less.

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
I am in the exact same boat, will be one of the first in the state with the X47 have already paid and processed an order hoping to see it in the US soon. I will have Ryan from PD-tuning doing a dyno tune. Will have results to publish on 93 as well as e30! Can not wait! Expecting over 300whp! No less.
I'm very curious to see if their claims to fruition in the real world. I will be patiently awaiting these results.

Pete

sweet deal man. My results maybe a little skewed due to the compression ration of the motor bumping up to 11:1 on the build. Glad someone else is getting one so there can be more then one data source

Ford Community Posts