Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PumaSpeed X-47 Hybrid Turbo Thread

How many have purchased / installed / tuned the x-47 Hybrid Turbo?

• X-47 Purchased

Votes: 53 75.7%
  • X-47 Installed

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • X-47 Tuned

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • X-47 Dyno / V-Dyno Results

Votes: 8 11.4%

• Total voters

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Mine seized today. Almost 1000 miles. Liqui moly 5w30, install was fine, tolerances were within spec, never exceeded 26psi max, maintained 25psi to redline, made great power for the month I had it. 3rd gear roll-on today and it seized. Boost at failure was 24psi. Not sure why it failed other than it was likely defective. I’m not wasting my time nor money with Pumaspeed to find out though.

Edit: Check my build thread for pics

Last edited:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
There seems to be an echo....is this another failure of a Pumaspeed? Good lord! That's some crap....time to go BT.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

pwnall1337

Vendor
Hey All,

I do apologize for what you are going through [MENTION=11448]GreyfiST[/MENTION] and [MENTION=5793]Woods247[/MENTION].

Did any of you by chance purchase it through me?

We are the only authorized USA Pumaspeed retailer and we handle the warranty claims in-house including the cost to ship the turbo back over to Pumaspeed and speedy replacements. I've sold over 20 x47r's in the last 6 months and only one arrived dead, but it does happen. I run the x47r on my car and have been beating on it since feb 2018 with no issues and I run 27 psi across the curve. Any part that spins thousands of times a minute is prone to failure and more susceptible to defects.

If you didn't buy from me I'd still be more than willing to try to assist in any way I can. Please email me at sales@pwnallperformance.com and I'll see what I can do.

pwnall1337

Vendor
Mine seized today. Almost 1000 miles. Liqui moly 5w30, install was fine, tolerances were within spec, never exceeded 26psi max, maintained 25psi to redline, made great power for the month I had it. 3rd gear roll-on today and it seized. Boost at failure was 24psi. Not sure why it failed other than it was likely defective. I’m not wasting my time nor money with Pumaspeed to find out though.

Edit: Check my build thread for pics
I reviewed your thread and you had an x47 failure, we don't sell or produce the regular x47. If you bought it second hand off someone it's impossible for us to know what may have happened in the previous owners hands.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
I reviewed your thread and you had an x47 failure, we don't sell or produce the regular x47. If you bought it second hand off someone it's impossible for us to know what may have happened in the previous owners hands.
The previous owner received it rebuilt from Puma and I bought it from him. Please do not try defending them to me. Bottom line is, every single Pumaspeed turbo you sell is a potential massive waste of money and inconvenience. Every one of them is a gamble. There is no debating that. I knew the risk and ate the bate like everyone else running X37/47. I ain’t mad but I’ll be damned if you reply to my post and tell me it’s something the PO or I did.

Do you guys realize how many x37s, x47s puma speed has sold? Too many to count. With anything there is always going to be some defects it happens, but with as many as they have sold and as little failures as they have had, I’d say they are doing pretty well.

pwnall1337

Vendor
The previous owner received it rebuilt from Puma and I bought it from him. Please do not try defending them to me. Bottom line is, every single Pumaspeed turbo you sell is a potential massive waste of money and inconvenience. Every one of them is a gamble. There is no debating that. I knew the risk and ate the bate like everyone else running X37/47. I ain’t mad but I’ll be damned if you reply to my post and tell me it’s something the PO or I did.
While I'm not saying you did anything wrong, unfortunately there have been several case of people installing the oil lines with the red caps still in the turbo (they exist to stop debris from getting in during shipping) and causing oil pressure issues and leaking inside the turbo which destroys the seals. I'm just trying to gather all the facts around the situation to assess the matter. I've not had a single x47r failure with the exception of one that arrived dead out of the box.

Who was the previous owner of the turbo so I can review the rebuild process with my Pumaspeed contacts?

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Do you guys realize how many x37s, x47s puma speed has sold? Too many to count. With anything there is always going to be some defects it happens, but with as many as they have sold and as little failures as they have had, I’d say they are doing pretty well.
With so many failed, you’d think they’d figure out how to make them more reliable. Has your Pumaspeed turbo been good to you?

There hasn’t been a lot of failures. But ya my x37 was great, it actually just came off the car this weekend and I inspected it, no shaft play. My buddies x47, he ripped on that thing every single day and we took it off and it looked great, and had no shaft play.

pwnall1337

Vendor
With so many failed, you’d think they’d figure out how to make them more reliable. Has your Pumaspeed turbo been good to you?
Hello [MENTION=5793]Woods247[/MENTION],

Could you please shoot me an email and help provide me with details so I can find the rebuild for the x47 turbo with pumaspeed to see what all was done?

sales@pwnallperformance.com

Woods247

2000 Post Club
While I'm not saying you did anything wrong, unfortunately there have been several case of people installing the oil lines with the red caps still in the turbo (they exist to stop debris from getting in during shipping) and causing oil pressure issues and leaking inside the turbo which destroys the seals. I'm just trying to gather all the facts around the situation to assess the matter. I've not had a single x47r failure with the exception of one that arrived dead out of the box.

Who was the previous owner of the turbo so I can review the rebuild process with my Pumaspeed contacts?
This particular failure appears to be caused by the nut backing off, but I have no way to prove it. Perhaps someone else can. I’ll work with Puma diirectly to see what my options are. I don’t particularly trust them however, I remain optimistic. Thanks for offering to assist. If I need help, I’ll definitely contact you.

Edit: When it seized, there was no warning. There was no smoke or abnormal noise. The car just choked and died because exhaust couldn’t get past the turbo. I was rolling on 3rd hard and it seized. My AP read 24psi when I shutdown the car. It ran like a champ for a month.

Another Edit: Tim and Pumaspeed have been extremely helpful in assisting with the failure. I didn’t even ask for assistance. Tim took it upon himself to bring Pumaspeed in to help. I sincerely appreciate that. I have a different perspective of Pumaspeed’s customer service now. I shouldn’t have used someone else’s bad experience for my own. That’s my bad and I apologize.

Last edited:

pwnall1337

Vendor
This particular failure appears to be caused by the nut backing off, but I have no way to prove it. Perhaps someone else can. I’ll work with Puma diirectly to see what my options are. I don’t particularly trust them however, I remain optimistic. Thanks for offering to assist. If I need help, I’ll definitely contact you.

Edit: When it seized, there was no warning. There was no smoke or abnormal noise. The car just choked and died because exhaust couldn’t get past the turbo. I was rolling on 3rd hard and it seized. My AP read 24psi when I shutdown the car. It ran like a champ for a month.
I would really appreciate if you could work with me. 99.9% of x47r sales go through me and even though you didn't buy from me, I'd still like to fully investigate this issue. I have a different relationship with pumaspeed and I handle their products as if they were my own. It's one of the only vendors that I do this with.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Woods247 is a little butt hurt he picked up a lemon second hand I think...

Why did the original owner sell it??

Pumaspeed isn't going to put out a crap product on purpose.

~20,000 miles on my X-47.

jeff

2000 Post Club
Woods247 is a little butt hurt he picked up a lemon second hand I think...

Why did the original owner sell it??

Pumaspeed isn't going to put out a crap product on purpose.

~20,000 miles on my X-47.
That’s a horrible thing to say. Have some class man. Matt is a good dude.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Nothing’s changed over the years I see, I’ve had my X-37 for a couple of years. When I first received it, it was leaking and needed some parts replaced.

I also cried Wolfe, nothing came out of it except the Tuner making excuses and a bunch of fan boys defending him.

Furthermore, You paid good money for a product that should work, right? Why should you be left holding it when the problems arise.

Hope you they get you right. Toxic if they don’t.

dmb

I would really appreciate if you could work with me. 99.9% of x47r sales go through me and even though you didn't buy from me, I'd still like to fully investigate this issue. I have a different relationship with pumaspeed and I handle their products as if they were my own. It's one of the only vendors that I do this with.
Dude is trying to help you out. maybe just something good will come out of this for you. I remember top fuel guys crying about broken parts, if you can believe that. beware of the guy that wants to get rid of his fine ass wife. all is not what it seems.

Hey everyone! I just want to give a heads up that there are x47r copies out there. I purchased one from a forum member and the turbo turns out to be some sort of copy, fake or rebuilt. Regardless, I installed it and the car spat out thick white smoke out of the exhaust. Pwnall is gonna sort it out for me so I hope there is a light at the end of the tunnel. The turbo I got looked like this.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk