Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Bubbling near sideskirt

So for a few months I've noticed this bubbling above my side skirt near the back of it. I didn't think much of it as its hard to see but I decided to take a pic and see what you guys thought. Not sure how it got there or if it is clear coat or something else? It has not gotten any worse but is there anything I should do to make sure it stays that way? Thanks for any help!

Attachments

Spaceman_Spiff

are we talking about what's on the side skirt or where the skirt meets the panel? the skirt i believe is plastic, so that shouldn't be rusting or anything. i think there's a clear film on it to prevent rock chips and such, maybe it's got some bubbles in it or something. if the skirt is rubbing on the metal and causing the paint to wear off, it could cause some rust there at some point.

OP
Koobs
Thread Starter #3
are we talking about what's on the side skirt or where the skirt meets the panel? the skirt i believe is plastic, so that shouldn't be rusting or anything. i think there's a clear film on it to prevent rock chips and such, maybe it's got some bubbles in it or something. if the skirt is rubbing on the metal and causing the paint to wear off, it could cause some rust there at some point.
Im talking where the skirt meets the panel as pictured. Its bubbled but it feels too thick to be clear. It definitely isnt rubbing but the skirt on this side has a small gap whereas the other side does not. Like I said I dont really care as long as it just doesnt rust. I appreciate the reply!

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
That gap should be covered under warranty.

OP
Koobs
Thread Starter #5
That gap should be covered under warranty.
Good to know Ill have to give my dealer a call and see what they can do for me!

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

OP
Koobs
Thread Starter #6
For anyone wondering it is the "clear bra" in that area put on from the factory. Im a dumbass and never put two and two together.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk