Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2Hemis - Little White Monster, Version 2.0 - Build Thread, Mod and Racing Journal, Etc.

Hey all. I wanted to put some photos and information about my build up. Long story short, I had a BRZ in the same basic white pearl color that had the dreaded P0014 failure - basically the cam gears or something having to do with that were manufactured out of spec and it would stall in idle and some other fun stuff. In addition to the trunk leaks, HPFP chirp, and other issues I got tired of it and traded it in for a 6MT Challenger R/T.

Fast forward a couple of years. Lacking a small go-cart type car for back road enjoyment, which the R/T is certainly not, I wanted something tossable and fuel efficient. Wife said no to the Miata and encouraged me to get another WRX. Having lemon-lawed my last brand new, leaky WRX, I opted to avoid the Subaru brand and looked at the Fiesta and Focus ST and Focus RS. The RS being too expensive and brand new, and the memory of the defective BRZ still fresh in my mind, I opted on buying this brand new 2016 Fiesta ST, fully loaded, with about 20 mi on the Odometer.

Here is what is on it right now:

Engine/Power:

1. Mountune induction kit
2. Cobb (Green) Filter
3. Depo Intercooler
4. Mishimoto OCC
5. CFM Performance Intake Symposer Delete w/ Boost port
6. Depo Catted Downpipe
7. CPE Catback Exhaust w/ Satin Tips
8. Depo Intercooler Charge Piping & T-Bolt Clamps all around
9. Velossa Tech Big Mouth Ram Air duct - Black W/ White trim
10. (Need to Install) GFB DV+
11. Mountune FL-400S Oil Filter & Mobil1 Full Synthetic 5w20

Suspension/Drivetrain:

1. (Pending - Need to Install) Mountune quick shift kit
2. Cobb Rear Motor Mount
3. (Pending - Need to Install) Boosted Designs transmission cable bracket bushings
4. (Pending - On the Way) Pierce Motorsports Stage 1 Street Kit - Front Strut Tower Bar, Rear Torsion Beam & 2 Point Lower Front Brace
5. Torque Solutions Exhaust Bushings
6. (Pending - Need to Install - Replacing Cobb) CPE Rear Motor Mount

Interior/Dress-Up/Misc:

1. No Pistons gas pedal spacer
2. Boosted Designs dead pedal & battery tie-down ("ST")
3. WC Lathwerks Hybrid Piston shift knob in black copolymer and satin finish w/ 6MT and ST engraving & knurling
4. (Pending - Need to Install) Redlineauto custom Leather Shift Boot (white stitching) and armrest cover
5. Spare tire & gear removal

Exterior:

1. UK Spec Projector Headlights
2. Perrin 2 in. Shorty Antenna

Tuning:

1. Cobb AccessPort Base Stage 3 (For now)
2. (Pending - Wishlist) Tune+ Custom Tune or DHM tune.

I'm just about done unless I decide to go C39 or X47. Or DHM quick spool.

I will be updating this over time. Sorry for the lack of photos but I'm in a bit of a rush.

Best,
2Hemis

OP
Thread Starter #5
Are you swapping your MTC intercooler for the depo?
Bingo. Fitment issues for some reason. I'm going to give the Depo a try, and if it fits better, I'll sell the MTC or give it to my buddy who is about to buy a FiST.

Took some photos and measurements. Looks like the MTC is maybe a hair bigger because the casing appears thicker, but the mounting brackets and hardware as well as the end tanks are totally different. Go figure. The cores look very similar, but again not identical. Weird. I'm going to run the Depo and keep the MTC on hand in case the MTC ends up being better!

Pics incoming....

Wait did you get the driver mod? Oh yea that can't be bought. Lol enjoy your car.

OP
Thread Starter #8
Wait did you get the driver mod? Oh yea that can't be bought. Lol enjoy your car.
Fair comment. ST Octane Academy - next year. Can't be bought but is free. Kind of like the good things in life.

I've been driving and modding fast(ish) cars for 15 years starting with a 2.5 RS long ago that I auto crossed when I was 16. We can all improve. I am no Ken Block or Randy Pobst but I know my way around an apex (dig your name).

Merry Christmas! Enjoy your ride, too.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

The Velossatech big mouth looks great. You gonna put the black lower grill piece back on?

OP
Thread Starter #10
[MENTION=3799]Strife[/MENTION] Thanks! Not sure. At this point I'm debating keeping it off until I either get tired of it or shave off the supports with my Dremel.

Honestly I really like the look of the open intercooler area. I don't think it serves any functional purpose but it's more of an aesthetic that I am getting accustomed to.

I think the open intercooler area looks cool, but some times the bumper seems to look "droopy" because the supports are gone.

OP
Thread Starter #12
[MENTION=3799]Strife[/MENTION] I agree for now, that's why I'm leaving the supports on. I like your white ST!

Here are some photos of a recent canyon run as well as some photos of the new Euro spec projector headlights.

Now to buy some Osram Silverstars for the projector high and low beams. I have some for the fogs already ;)

OP
Thread Starter #14
What are your thoughts on the Depo IC and Charge pipes? How cool are they keeping things?
Need more logs. Max PSI up to 21.50 now, up from 20.80. Charge temperatures appear consistent between MTC and Depo but the charge pipes flow a lot more air.

Not sure what if any of the increased boost is related to the induction kit/big mouth.

I want to give you hard data rather than speculate so let me try some more logging [emoji2]

Need more logs. Max PSI up to 21.50 now, up from 20.80. Charge temperatures appear consistent between MTC and Depo but the charge pipes flow a lot more air.

Not sure what if any of the increased boost is related to the induction kit/big mouth.

I want to give you hard data rather than speculate so let me try some more logging [emoji2]

Cool looking forward to what your results are. I'm in between the DHM Factory Fit with MBRP hotpipe or the Depo with Charge pipes and want to compare the results people have with each

OP
Thread Starter #16
Update 1/22/17: Sorry - I've been lazy with logs due to some killer work weeks.

The CP-E Nexus CBE and Depo DP are now on the car along with the Cobb Stage 3 OTS tune, among some other goodies like the WC LathWerks copolymer piston shifter. I can feel the additional power at the midrange and top end from the exhaust, and spool appears to be happening a bit quicker.

Up next are the Pierce Motorsports stage 1 suspension bracing kit, the TurboTech racing upper engine and transmission mounts, and the GFB DV+. I am not happy with the stock Bridgestones or 205 rubber, either. Looks like I am pricing out some Fifteen52 Tarmacs in white 17x8 and 42 et, and some Dunlop Star Spec IIs in 215/40/17. There is no way I can go HT/BT with the current rubber or suspension set up on this car and have it be safe in terms of not melting tires all the time. Not sure how long the stock Bridgestones will last, but at 3700 they are due for a rotation. Will get a rotation and oil change (still Mobil1 full synth 5w20 and the Mountune oil filter) this week before more mods.

Here is a video of the exhaust after install: https://www.instagram.com/p/BPg7BSpj1ul/