Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How-To: Using FORScan to change your Sync3 boot splash screen to "ST Ford Performance"

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thanks to DanMc85 from F150Forum for explaining how to change this. This program enables you to change key programming features, way too many features to list. But one of them allows you to change the radio profile to multiple options, so you could choose Lincoln, ST, GT, Raptor, etc. These options are all programmed into the radio unit but it chooses the boot splash screen based on programming information. To change it to the ST boot splash screen, you need:

1) FORScan program (free license available through their website http://www.forscan.org/)
2) Laptop or Windows tablet
3) USB or COM to OBD2 port (there's also bluetooth adapters available)

DanMc85 said:
F150forum said:
Damn, sorry to hear that. At least you guys can change wallpapers, wish I could on Sync 3

Yeah 7D0-01-02 0xxx xxxx xxxx will show Ford and 7D0-01-02 8xxx xxxx xxxx will show Lincoln.
That is actually one code change to enable the brownish/yellow Sync 3 Lincoln theme... there are few other edits to go with it.

Anyways, All the splash screens are located at:
7D0-02-01 xxxx xXxx xxxx

Sync 2 the splash screens need to be loaded on to the unit manually via USB, there are only a handful available. Ford, Lincoln, Vignale, Raptor, and a couple others.
Sync 3 the splash screens are preinstalled. Sync 3 2.0 has more splash screens available than 1.0/1.1 does.

Values 1-F work in this box.

EDIT: WAS JUST LOOKING AT THE SPREADSHEET AND NOTICED YOU ALREADY KNEW ABOUT THIS WHEN I SAW THE VALUES LISTED

EXAMPLE:
[video=youtube;1dAFlWZPPDQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dAFlWZPPDQ[/video]
It works wonders! [grinking] The bolded "X" value above is a "1" in the FiST and needs to be changed to a "B" to emulate the FoST boot screen. This does not change the background itself. Enjoy!

Other values you can change it to:
B - ST Ford Performance
C - RS Ford Performance
D - GT Ford Performance

1 - Standard Ford logo
4 - Lincoln Presidential
5 - Raptor Ford
6 - Mustang
7 - GT350
9 - GT350

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
No link, I just directly copied the post.

This video may also help:

[video=youtube;RWlQmPCgCjY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWlQmPCgCjY&t=397s[/video]

nice! I was wondering about this yesterday, heard a mention of forscan and assumed it was some dealership-only thing.

So any ELM327 reader is fine? I'm browsing and there are a lot of like not great looking options, and sketchy "ELM327-compatible" which forscan says to generally avoid.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
I'd do research and see which ones are proven to work. I like the traditional hard cable with a laptop method, but I work at a dealership with diagnostic computers which have the cables already so it's easy for me to load the software and use our hardware.

It certainly seems like you're our Sync guru... Do we think it will be possible with this software to add in a video input to add a rear-view camera to the factory screen, etc? Seems like it may only be a hardware limited thing at this point?

This is pretty cool. May have to do it and not tell my fellow FiST owning co-worker how I did it. lol

nice! I was wondering about this yesterday, heard a mention of forscan and assumed it was some dealership-only thing.

So any ELM327 reader is fine? I'm browsing and there are a lot of like not great looking options, and sketchy "ELM327-compatible" which forscan says to generally avoid.
Since I plan on trying the Torque app to fill the gap between now and AP ownership, I am going off this list for my reader: https://torque-bhp.com/wiki/Bluetooth_Adapters

I am assuming FORScan will work with these as well.

Even just enabling the test mode feature is awesome! I'm really liking the color scheme on the Lincoln background.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #11
Even just enabling the test mode feature is awesome! I'm really liking the color scheme on the Lincoln background.
Test mode works if you're just testing the color schemes but won't be permanent.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #13
You may have to search on how to change the theme permanently, the video I posted in post 4 explains how. It's a different value line you have to change as opposed to the splash screen line.

So far, no luck for me. ForScan keeps telling me I need an "extended license" in order to make the changes. I wonder if I downloaded the wrong version.

EDIT: I'm a moron. I just went back to their site and saw the link right under the one I downloaded that said "with extended licensing."

I ended up going with this ELM327 bluetooth reader, mainly because it was available for same day shipping: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LC58TTA/ . Paired it to my one windows device (surface pro 4) and went to town with forscan, as soon as they activated my account so I could get the extended license. Not sure if the extended license was even required, forscan says it's for PATS programming and I didn't even see that section listed for our car.

yay! thanks so much OffTheWall503 for bringing all this Sync info to this forum! Now i'm super interested in exploring this more, since I have read about all the fun stuff the Focus folks have figured out with it. They have done things like enable cruise control on cars that didn't come with it, enabling hill start assist on non-ST, disabling the double horn beep when exiting the vehicle while "on", and all window up/down using the keyfob. I'm sure the Fiesta has a different (read: smaller) set of things you can program, but still.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #16
I'm glad you got it to work, I really need to buy one of those adapters but I need a Windows tablet first.

The extended licensing is required to modify anything, however it's free once you create a forum account and have it verified which is usually done within 24 hours.

The amount of things you can program and modify with the FORScan program is unreal. I'm doing more research and learning about it. I wanted to disable to double horn honk that occurs when you exit the vehicle with your keys if it's running, and found a FoST guide but the FiST uses a different system and doesn't seem to be modifiable, for now anyways.

Also for you Sync2 guys, I'm attempting to work with DanMc85 for a solution to get this splash screen. I'm pretty sure it can be changed and modified with an extractable zip file on a flash drive like the Sync3 2.2 update but I'll keep you guys updated.

Erbarry

U.S. Marine Veteran
I tried this today and everything is fine until I go to write. Says service has been interrupted, I think it might be my wifi obd plug.

I'm glad you got it to work, I really need to buy one of those adapters but I need a Windows tablet first.

The extended licensing is required to modify anything, however it's free once you create a forum account and have it verified which is usually done within 24 hours.

The amount of things you can program and modify with the FORScan program is unreal. I'm doing more research and learning about it. I wanted to disable to double horn honk that occurs when you exit the vehicle with your keys if it's running, and found a FoST guide but the FiST uses a different system and doesn't seem to be modifiable, for now anyways.

Also for you Sync2 guys, I'm attempting to work with DanMc85 for a solution to get this splash screen. I'm pretty sure it can be changed and modified with an extractable zip file on a flash drive like the Sync3 2.2 update but I'll keep you guys updated.

Hope you find something for the double honk. Lol. That crap is annoying. Think we will also be able to change out the background? Instead of just the boot screen.