Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

The ULTIMATE Dyno / V-Dyno Thread

Here's the same one but set at Dyno jet. I had been messing around with the v-dyno settings in order to set it at what stock advertised horsepower should be.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
This v-dyno shows the difference between the stock tune (with Woosh FMIC), and an E30 tune by Adam (Tune+).

The car is a 2017 ST with stock intake with stock paper element, stock downpipe, stock turbo, MAPerormance catback, Woosh FMIC with stock piping. Car has 2900 miles on it.

I'm running E30 in the tank. The "E85" here in southern Arizona tested out at E55.

These pulls are at about 4500' above sea level. I know that the actual numbers are a ways off vs what a real Dyno would show, but the difference between the two pulls is significant, and the power curve is so much better. ***Edited*** I just noticed that I had the settings in vdyno set at custom 1.25. I'll repost with it set at Dyno jet.

This is also the initial E30 map sent to me by Adam. I'm sure there will be some tweaks in the revisions.

There were no negative timing corrections, and no knock (even when loading it up in 4th, and 5th gears.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
The fact that it is legal to call e51-85 e85 is a shame.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Jerickson88

Started in 4th on a long pull, lost my nerve due to location but

Charge started around 64.9*, est. 208.4 hp/271.3 ft-lb and peak was 21.53 psi and it held for a bit too. Ambient temp is mid 60’s
I wonder how accurate that is. You can see the climb in the charge as I’m still on stock intercooler. I’m on OTS 1 93 oct.

Forum Name: SpicyBean
Turbo: Stock turbo
Additional Upgrades: Cobb Stage 3 kit
Fuel: 93Oct
Dyno/Vdyno: Dyno
Tuner: Anthony @Drunkmann
Results: 219.7whp 285.9wtq

danbfree

3000 Post Club
FORUM NAME: danbfree
TURBO: Stock
ADDITIONAL UPGRADES: See signature
FUEL: "92 octane minimum" on 93 flash tunes. OAR is always maxed, never fluctuates.
DYNO OR V-DYNO: DynoJet setting on vDyno software - Smoothing 5
TUNER: Stratified (datalog1), Dizzy (datalog16)
RESULTS: whp= Dizzy 210. Strat 209 - wtq= Dizzy 271, Strat 259
ADDITIONAL NOTES: Stratified *feels* faster with initial part throttle boost feeling more aggressive and more vicious feeling acceleration and sounds while Dizzy is smoother all around. Did not do any quarter mile times to see actual differences.

Combo.jpg

FORUM NAME: draxxus131
TURBO: stock kp39
ADDITIONAL UPGRADES: Cobb intake, 2j racing intercooler, 3" catback, 1-step colder spark plugs gapped to .028, turbosmart 11psi wastegate
FUEL: 91/E30
DYNO OR V-DYNO: Dynapack hub dyno
TUNER: Tune+
RESULTS: 91oct 191 hp / 258 tq @ hub
E-30 218 hp / 304 tq @ hub

Did 3 pulls on 91 and 4 on E-30, IAT was rising profusely. I attribute this to the lack of a "proper" intercooler, suspected this issue before when datalogging a couple months back, well before the extreme heat wave hit California. The 2j intercooler is not quite the core sizing needed for the stock turbo. We only had 1 fan to use, I buried that damn thing as close as physically possible, if only I had some plastic wrap and some painters tape. The temperature outside the shop was hovering at 90*F, the ambient temperature of the garage was the same, but now slowly rising from the engine pulls and the shop compressor cycling. No more than a 1-2 minute cooling period between pulls, only major cool down period occurred when mixing E30 into tank at most 8 minutes. on/off.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

FORUM NAME: Alkoran
TURBO: Stock
ADDITIONAL UPGRADES: None
FUEL: 91
DYNO OR V-DYNO: Dyno
TUNER: None
RESULTS (please clarify if whp or bhp): whp

I think the dyno is reading higher than reality but it was just a run to have a baseline on a completely stock car. Temp was around 80 and I'm close to sea level.

HP Run Stock.jpg

Last edited:
FORUM NAME: Berserk247
TURBO:pumaspeed x57
ADDITIONAL UPGRADES: Whoosh intercooler, drop in filter
FUEL: E30
DYNO OR V-DYNO: Dyno
TUNER: Edge Autosport
RESULTS 320HP/324TQ

Attachments

No one has updated this thread in awhile so figure ill post some of our results!

FORUM NAME: 78kingcobra
TURBO: Wor Fab Xona Rotor 5451s
ADDITIONAL UPGRADES: Stock engine, Nostrum fuel bundle hpfp +30% injectors , Phul Performance lpfp
FUEL: E85 (DI Only)
DYNO OR V-DYNO: Dynojet 224x
TUNER: Westley @ Phul Performance
RESULTS : 411whp/349wtq

IMG_7440.jpeg

FORUM NAME: 78kingcobra (Andrew Boring)
TURBO: PTE 4831
ADDITIONAL UPGRADES: Stock engine, ported head, 4 port Aux fuel, 525 hellcat return style system, Nitrous
FUEL: E85
RESULTS : 408whp/345wtq (28psi boost only)
462whp/410wtq (25psi +nitrous) IMG_7687.jpeg IMG_7815.jpeg

FORUM NAME: 78kingcobra (Brandon Wiess)
TURBO: Atp gtx2860r
ADDITIONAL UPGRADES: Nostrum fuel bundle hpfp +30% injectors
FUEL: E50
DYNO OR V-DYNO: Dynocom
RESULTS : 437whp/403wtq IMG_7986.jpeg

FORUM NAME: 78kingcobra (Bok Dinglasa)
TURBO: Xona Rotor 4951s
ADDITIONAL UPGRADES: Nostrum fuel bundle hpfp +30% injectors , Phul Performance lpfp, Peron Aux fuel
FUEL: E85
RESULTS : 377whp/341wtq (aux only pre di upgrade)
418whp/368wtq (nostrum Di upgrade + tickle of aux fuel)
409whp/367wtq (same as above but dialed back and cleaned up) IMG_7532.jpeg IMG_8104.jpeg IMG_8106.jpeg