Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

coneklr tiny pumpkin of fury build

Is the symposer delete needed with the BOV?

That’s a pretty turbo mine will be getting installed late may. Can’t wait

Congrats

OP
C
Thread Starter #102
I didnt realize when I ordered the BOV that this one goes in the same spot as the symposer delete would have. My FoST installed in a different spot, so definitely dont order both :D

Last edited:
OP
C
Thread Starter #103
Parts instal has begun. Got the front mount and silicone on today as well as the kompact BOV. Started prepping bolts for hopefully easier removal.

IMG_1175.JPG

IMG_1177.JPG

IMG_1181.JPG

Radium catch cans are awesome! Can’t wait to put these on!

IMG_1183.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Those radium cans are works of art [thumb], but if the drain hose cannot be routed in a way which works, it defeats the purpose a little bit, as far as I'm concerned. [:(]

Is there ANY other option to mount it back by the firewall, like the Damond, instead of to the passenger motor mount?

green_henry

1000 Post Club
Those radium cans are works of art [thumb], but if the drain hose cannot be routed in a way which works, it defeats the purpose a little bit, as far as I'm concerned. [:(]

Is there ANY other option to mount it back by the firewall, like the Damond, instead of to the passenger motor mount?
I think if you were willing and able to attach a clamp to the passenger side wheel well, the drain hose would work well -- I'm not willing to go there (yet)

OP
C
Thread Starter #106

Can you point to a thread with this info? I searched and couldnt find anything other than the comparison thread. I briefly looked at install instructions and dont see any reason it will be difficult to route the drain (I ordered the addtional petcock with mine).

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Can you point to a thread with this info? I searched and couldnt find anything other than the comparison thread. I briefly looked at install instructions and dont see any reason it will be difficult to route the drain (I ordered the addtional petcock with mine).
I was only referencing green_henry's experiences on that other thread (I believe it was his BUILD thread [dunno]), since he is one of the few who have tried to install this can on our rides so far. ;)

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
The motor mount will vibrate like a mini earthquake and take its toll on that mount for the catch can...not good bed fellow.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

green_henry

1000 Post Club
The motor mount will vibrate like a mini earthquake and take its toll on that mount for the catch can...not good bed fellow.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
The mount is pretty beefy but I will definitely keep an eye on it; definitely need to use some locktite on the screws for the can (as advised in the instructions). Contrary to the instructions, the nuts for the motor mount bolts came off cleanly, but my car is only 6 months old, so your results may vary.

I was planning to route the hose over the top of the wheel well and the difficulty is that the bottom of the can is roughly at the same level as the top of the wheel well; it would put a very significant upward bend in the hose -- it might work, but I don't know if it would drain very well with the bend and I'm not sure how easy it would be to access the petcock. To keep it vertical, you'd need to secure it to the wheel well and that was too much to take on last weekend. I'm going to take another look at it next weekend; it might work if I route it toward the bumper instead.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
I always dig that cup spoiler and splitter combo but people have said the owner of that splitter company is shady.

OP
C
Thread Starter #111
The mount is pretty beefy but I will definitely keep an eye on it; definitely need to use some locktite on the screws for the can (as advised in the instructions). Contrary to the instructions, the nuts for the motor mount bolts came off cleanly, but my car is only 6 months old, so your results may vary.

I was planning to route the hose over the top of the wheel well and the difficulty is that the bottom of the can is roughly at the same level as the top of the wheel well; it would put a very significant upward bend in the hose -- it might work, but I don't know if it would drain very well with the bend and I'm not sure how easy it would be to access the petcock. To keep it vertical, you'd need to secure it to the wheel well and that was too much to take on last weekend. I'm going to take another look at it next weekend; it might work if I route it toward the bumper instead.
Got ya, yeah I might just tackle it this weekend while I have the car apart for the turbo still. Or I just might wait, my back is already killing me. Thanks for the info, I get what you guys are saying now but still doesnt seem to be a big deal just takes some planning.

OP
C
Thread Starter #112
I always dig that cup spoiler and splitter combo but people have said the owner of that splitter company is shady.
I personally have had no issues with him, everything I have ordered has came as expected but thats my personal experience. The splitter itself fits and comes with the hardware as expected. I essentially use it as more of a bash bar than a splitter at this point haha. It definitely takes a beating.

OP
C
Thread Starter #113
So I started looking last night for routes for the catch can and I think I have a plan. I will install in Friday and take pictures of how I route it. But I am going to essentially do what I think you have planned which is to route it along the wheel well and then down on the backside of the engine.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I personally have had no issues with him, everything I have ordered has came as expected but thats my personal experience. The splitter itself fits and comes with the hardware as expected. I essentially use it as more of a bash bar than a splitter at this point haha. It definitely takes a beating.
Is it a thick enough gauge to be able to resist the occasional 'soft' contact with parking blocks? [dunno]

OP
C
Thread Starter #117
Quality build, sub'd for updates!
Thank you! More updates soon.

Ran into an issue with my billet wastegate on the turbo not being set so I am pulling it today to correct that then I should be able to get some data logs in and get the boost turned up.

I also ordered tires finally for the 16's and sent the flares off to paint. Plan is to cut up a pretty much new car next weekend.

green_henry

1000 Post Club
So I started looking last night for routes for the catch can and I think I have a plan. I will install in Friday and take pictures of how I route it. But I am going to essentially do what I think you have planned which is to route it along the wheel well and then down on the backside of the engine.
Did you make any progress on the catch can drain?