Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

razorlab

1000 Post Club
It won't change the shape of the curves but it will change the visual relationship between the HP and TQ curves. As an example, currently on those graphs, visually it looks like it makes more horsepower than torque, which is not the case.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Geezz.... Kinda disappointed they only ran it out to 6150rpm or so... But maybe I shouldn't be, that stock cooler was prob hurting sitting still, lol.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
So I have to ask.
How did PumaSpeed get such higher numbers with similar turbo mods?

Dave

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
The official Fiesta ST dyno thread!

Pumaspeed... Full bolt on car, pro-tuner and most importantly they use BHP, not WHP wheel horsepower.

Remember, my car is almost bone stock minus the turbo and TBE.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
PumaSpeed is clamming almost 260 WHP and 297 BHP.
That is an awful lot of difference for a tune and intercooler.
From past experience I know the difference in intercoolers won't do that much on the dyno.
I didn't think the tune would make up that much.
Are you sure there isn't something else you are overlooking?

Don't misunderstand.
I am still very interested in your setup.
I am just trying to figure out the numbers.

Dave

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
The official Fiesta ST dyno thread!

Pumaspeed is doing that on the stock intake too? Lol.
Hey more power to what ever they are doing. I don't have an answer for you. I don't know what 19.4*C equals, but likely slightly colder than central Florida :)

Either way, doesn't make up for give/take 40whp. ( basically 39whp ). But this is a "shop car". Someone buy pumaspeed parts and dyno on a dyno jet in American and see how it goes. I really don't have an answer. They calm a different turbine shaft, i can't see much of an "apples to apples" difference in the two from their pics, they tilted the camera and twisted the angle they took the photos at. One wheel does look bigger, but if I take 6 pictures of ported manifolds, 2 look ok, 2 look good, and 2 look awesome. So if your trying to eyeball a 2mm difference in size on the exducer of the turbine wheel, lol, its gonna be hard to see. I could take 6 pics of our stock wheel in the housing, then clean the blades and take 6 more pics and post the worst pic of dirty wheel vs the best pic of the clean turbine and say, "we upgraded the shaft".

Another thing that makes me scratch my head... If they "upgraded" the turbine shaft, why did they clip it? If your putting in an all new shaft, it should NOT need to be clipped, it should be in its best range of operation "as is" and its "upgraded" over the stock one, so just shear size should be enough to flow more than enough to keep you from clipping the blades.

But... All that being said... They are playing by there rules with a shop car that has to sell to make money to pay the bills. I did my dyno to give everyone the "worst case scenario" on a daily driven car tuned by "some guy".

39whp, is a spread, I'll agree. Truth is... I really don't know. Are they running that $1200 manifold on that dyno? ( been a while since I looked through their products and pricing etc ).

Sekred

1000 Post Club
Puma Dyno.jpg

The Demo car has been fitted with all the power stages of kit but is now running around 275-280 bhp with the Stage 3+ kit.
Pumaspeed Stage 3 Software
Stage 2 Hybrid Turbo Charger
Pumaspeed Large Bore Turbo Elbow
Milltek Sport DeCat pipe
Milltek Sport non resonated catback exhaust system
Pumaspeed Large Bore Cross over Pipe
Pumaspeed R-Sport Stage 1 Cold Air Induction Kit
Pumaspeed R-Sport High Flow Garrett Core Intercooler
Ap Racing Big Brake Kit
Pumaspeed R-Sport Large Bore Hot side Boost kit
Pumaspeed Pro Silicon Boost Hose kit
Pumaspeed Pro Silicon Coolant Hose kit
Pumaspeed Pro Silicon Ancillary Hose Kit

Pumaspeed Quick Spool Manifold

Back on November 1st I had my car dyno'ed on a mustang dyno. Here are the results
234 hp / 274 tq

razorlab

1000 Post Club
That's one high reading mustang dyno. Too bad you didn't get a baseline as well.

My base line numbers where on SCT's dyno jet. and the numbers in my signature where before the intake and exhaust on their dyno as well.

Just as everyone should, take dyno numbers as a grain of salt. Dynos are tuning tools, I just wanted to share with you.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Just as everyone should, take dyno numbers as a grain of salt. Dynos are tuning tools, I just wanted to share with you.
Exactly x2. With so many different tuners and dynos, consistency between different cars will never be achieved. Did you datalog when you dynoed? You could compareit on the virtual dyno if you did. I actually attempted to Dyno today at Reinharts here in Green Cove, but no joy as my launch control interfered at 3k RPM. I had to get Justin at Freektune to send me switchable map to disable the launch control while on the dyno. I will be going back tomorrow hopefully or sometime this week to try again. I'm gonna datalog at the same time so I can post the real vs virtual dyno.