Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Which Intake upgrade do you have installed?

Which Intake upgrade do you currently have installed?

• COBB

Votes: 35 10.3%
  • Mountune

Votes: 37 10.9%
  • Mishimoto

Votes: 32 9.4%
  • CP-E

Votes: 33 9.7%
  • FSWERKS

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Injen

Votes: 42 12.4%
  • 2J-Racing

Votes: 16 4.7%
  • MAP

Votes: 12 3.5%
  • K&N

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • "Custom"

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • "Drop-In" Flat Panel Filter

Votes: 95 27.9%
  • "Modified" Stock Intake

Votes: 15 4.4%

• Total voters

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Was looking at a green panel filter until learning of the aFe. Going to try the aFe methinks, like the dry stuff.

Anyone have a favorite panel filter outside of oem, aFE, green and K&N?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I recently got an aFe Dry Flow directly from them (after a month long back order wait).

Of course, I then see it listed on Ron's site 2 weeks after that. [:(]

Any run a K&N Air filter on a Cobb Intake? Trying to figure out if it's worth using that and removing the air box instead of getting another cobb cone filter because it gets all scrunched up inside the air box.

Business6

Any run a K&N Air filter on a Cobb Intake? Trying to figure out if it's worth using that and removing the air box instead of getting another cobb cone filter because it gets all scrunched up inside the air box.
Like a panel filter in the cobb intake? Or replacing the cobb cone filter with a a K&N cone filter? If it's the former you might as well go back to stock. If it's the latter there is a gigantic array of cone filters available and I'm sure there's an easy replacement for the cobb filter.

Like a panel filter in the cobb intake? Or replacing the cobb cone filter with a a K&N cone filter? If it's the former you might as well go back to stock. If it's the latter there is a gigantic array of cone filters available and I'm sure there's an easy replacement for the cobb filter.
Yup the latter. I'll probably get the RE-0930 K&N filter and get rid of the airbox because im sure that filter won't fit inside. I guess I need to fabricate a heat shield. I'll send pics once I get it done if anyone is interested.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
The ST200 does have a hole in the bottom. Whoosh sells a fog light delete to route the piping of the ST200. You can use this pipping, cheaper than the ST200 hose.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/254611253740
The tubing should be porous to prevent water in the intake. That is why the type Mountune uses is not cheap.

Business6

How loud is the itg/Peron intake? I'd love to replace the ramair intake but man the intake sounds are glorious

How loud is the itg/Peron intake? I'd love to replace the ramair intake but man the intake sounds are glorious
The intakes are very similar in sound with the itg being slightly louder. I didn’t have them back to back but I had a whoosh intake before I went with the 2J. If you wait until later this week I may have a chance to meet with the owner who bought my whoosh intake. Maybe I can snag a quick rev off between the two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is safe to run that intake without any water absorption? it is a true cold intake? or hot intake with excellent sound?

Business6

The intakes are very similar in sound with the itg being slightly louder. I didn’t have them back to back but I had a whoosh intake before I went with the 2J. If you wait until later this week I may have a chance to meet with the owner who bought my whoosh intake. Maybe I can snag a quick rev off between the two.
Cool beans. I've always had interest in that intake design for a number of reasons but was worried it might be too quiet, haha.

It is safe to run that intake without any water absorption? it is a true cold intake? or hot intake with excellent sound?
Some cars have slats in the fender liner ahead of the front car. If ours did the concern would be justified but I really don't think that's an issue here unless we're talking already dangerous amounts of standing water.

Purely speculative but I think the temps would be less than an open element in the engine bay but not as good as an airbox utilizing the stock snorkel or otherwise. I've got a very good idea of how the IATs are for my car and routine drive with the airbox and the intake so I'd love to do my own testing with this design.

I just don't want to spend the money right now, lol

I recently bought a CPE intake. It’s not too loud but makes some nice whoosh noises. I also have the whoosh system with the ST200 air box.

Yup the latter. I'll probably get the RE-0930 K&N filter and get rid of the airbox because im sure that filter won't fit inside. I guess I need to fabricate a heat shield. I'll send pics once I get it done if anyone is interested.
Did you ever get around to do this? I'm thinking of doing the same with a Pro Ram cone intake filter and removing the lower box for track days.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Can't believe I didn't put this here before.
IMG_0308.jpg IMG_0307.jpg IMG_0309.jpg
Took the cover off so you can see the crossover pipe. Full mountune treatment. Looks great, adds power. No regrets.

ronmcdon

Have the ST200 airbox, think the ITG drop in filter and bunch of whoosh pipes. I like that it's subtle but also find it just a little too subtle as far as induction noises go.

Have the ST200 airbox, think the ITG drop in filter and bunch of whoosh pipes. I like that it's subtle but also find it just a little too subtle as far as induction noises go.
I'm in the same boat with the ST200 box and aFe dry drop-in filter. Love the factory look, but almost wish it was just a tad louder. I still won't likely install anything else though.