Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Which Intake upgrade do you have installed?

Which Intake upgrade do you currently have installed?

• COBB

Votes: 35 10.3%
  • Mountune

Votes: 37 10.9%
  • Mishimoto

Votes: 32 9.4%
  • CP-E

Votes: 33 9.7%
  • FSWERKS

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Injen

Votes: 42 12.4%
  • 2J-Racing

Votes: 16 4.7%
  • MAP

Votes: 12 3.5%
  • K&N

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • "Custom"

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • "Drop-In" Flat Panel Filter

Votes: 94 27.7%
  • "Modified" Stock Intake

Votes: 15 4.4%

• Total voters

J2FoRS

So this happened today... I'll pull the code when I get home from work.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Lol Ford really has all the companies panties in a bunch over this intake crap eh. I feel bad for all you guys. The companies actually have to do some R&D and put those engineering degrees to work instead of just reshape and reconfigure old shit for every different car for once and even the best of the best cant (or dont care enough) to solve this shit like 2 years later.
[smackbum]

Does it use the same style "fix" as the MAPerformance one? It's going to be a P144C code. You need the Woosh fix instead.
It is 3 silicone hoses with a Time connector. There is a check valve on the hose that runs to the cool side pipe. There is a pic on the Cobb site, they sell it separately for $40.

Good to know that Woosh works. I'll pull the code later today, buy as can be seen in the pic, my FiST only has 2,200 miles on it. Very unlikely it's anything else.

It is 3 silicone hoses with a Time connector. There is a check valve on the hose that runs to the cool side pipe. There is a pic on the Cobb site, they sell it separately for $40.

Good to know that Woosh works. I'll pull the code later today, buy as can be seen in the pic, my FiST only has 2,200 miles on it. Very unlikely it's anything else.

Shoot Cobb/the vender you bought it from an email. MAPerformance is willing to credit me $40 to buy the Woosh fix.

Viau

What is the woosh fix? Trying to leanr all i canbefore pulling the trigger on the intake.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Lol Ford really has all the companies panties in a bunch over this intake crap eh. I feel bad for all you guys. The companies actually have to do some R&D and put those engineering degrees to work instead of just reshape and reconfigure old shit for every different car for once and even the best of the best cant (or dont care enough) to solve this shit like 2 years later.
[smackbum]
My beef too.......looks like options are full Cobb kit, CP-E adapter or 2015 Ford hose assembly and any intake.

I've been running the 2J-Racing intake for about 2 years without issue on my 2015.

Viau

What is causing the check engine light? By installing the intake makes the motor run leaner? Please share the knowledge.

Does it use the same style "fix" as the MAPerformance one? It's going to be a P144C code. You need the Woosh fix instead.
You called it. I bought the intake direct from Cobb. I am going to reach out to them and see what they want to do. Pics of the Cobb fix are attached.

You called it. I bought the intake direct from Cobb. I am going to reach out to them and see what they want to do. Pics of the Cobb fix are attached.

I have a 2016. Ill let all of the bugs get worked out on you guys! Ive got nothing but time. Im a little bitter though. Bought the car in December 2016, and got a company truck last week, so now i am paying for it to sit.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

A7xogg

I feel that intakes for our car are a little over rated. Unless you just want a custom part, a drop in filter is just as effective on a stock turbo car.

I really like hearing the turbo make noise and all the slight bpv sounds and partial boost noise.along with full boost noise

I really like hearing the turbo make noise and all the slight bpv sounds and partial boost noise.along with full boost noise
Now that i dont drive the car everyday, i may be all over it.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
The sad part is the engineers couldn't figure out a fix at all. It was all done by the community if I'm not mistaken.
When you block off emission controls you are BREAKING my car not providing a "fix". A fix should be to make it work correctly, not bypass emission controls. That is what j2FiST is saying also. No engineering here folks, just a simple I can't make the "fix" work without defeating factory emission devices.

To some people our warranty is important and for those that are emission tested it is also important to be able to get a new tag. Calling this device a "fix" is ludicrous, it "fixes" nothing.

The Ford 2015 line will plug and play in the 2016 with most intakes and preserves all factory connections I am told from a user I trust. I have not tried it yet. But I will as soon as I get my refund from Mishi to buy a Mountune intake and order the Ford part. It is about $60 online.

CP-E tells me their new adapter also does not disconnect, plug or bypass emission controls for the 2016. Comes down to do you feel lucky with so called "fixes" or prefer to keep your car's emission system factory compliant with functional adapters. I am emission tested so I choose compliant (and would have even if not tested), $15 over non compliant seems to be a small cost for the comfort. To each his own. Caveat Emptor and wrench on.