Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Which Intake upgrade do you have installed?

Which Intake upgrade do you currently have installed?

• COBB

Votes: 35 10.3%
  • Mountune

Votes: 37 10.9%
  • Mishimoto

Votes: 32 9.4%
  • CP-E

Votes: 33 9.7%
  • FSWERKS

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Injen

Votes: 42 12.4%
  • 2J-Racing

Votes: 16 4.7%
  • MAP

Votes: 12 3.5%
  • K&N

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • "Custom"

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • "Drop-In" Flat Panel Filter

Votes: 94 27.7%
  • "Modified" Stock Intake

Votes: 15 4.4%

• Total voters
So is it louder than the 2jr cowl intake?
Yes it’s on par with that kind of loud.

"I've been told that if I make one more offensive remark, anywhere, at anytime I will be sacked. Even the Angel Gabriel would struggle with that hanging over his head." ~ Jeremy Clarkson

Despite all the hate for the evap issues with the 16+ Mishimoto intake, they're extremely cheap on Amazon right now at $219. I figured at that price + the Whoosh EVAP fix for $45 was still a good deal on an otherwise seemingly good intake. We'll see.

*EDIT*

Wow, the price is back up to $242 as of today but if you're interested in one keep an eye on the price. I set up a price alert on CamelCamelCamel to let me know when it had dropped.

https://www.amazon.com/Mishimoto-MM...&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=fiesta+st+intake&psc=1

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
I started out with an FSWERKs, now a Cobb. Adding a Velossa Tech Big Mouth as soon as I get it.

Just read through this whole thread... going to be doing a short shift adapter soon (1st mod on my 2017) and figured I should just do an intake while I am taking all the parts out, but it seems that other than the fun sounds, there is no real benefit to anything other than a higher flowing filter.

Where do we stand with all of the 2016-2017 intakes? It seems like the MAP and Injen are just short rams which seem like they would bring in warmer air than the stock box, the mishimoto seems to have had a ton of issues, the CPE is pretty pricey from what I saw, and Cobb might be good quality and without codes but doesn't seem to have the benefit of much additional intake noise...

Are there actual benefits to the induction hose replacements (perhaps do that an a filter)?

Any of the 2016+ intakes CARB legal in CA?

Thanks!

Just read through this whole thread... going to be doing a short shift adapter soon (1st mod on my 2017) and figured I should just do an intake while I am taking all the parts out, but it seems that other than the fun sounds, there is no real benefit to anything other than a higher flowing filter.

Where do we stand with all of the 2016-2017 intakes? It seems like the MAP and Injen are just short rams which seem like they would bring in warmer air than the stock box, the mishimoto seems to have had a ton of issues, the CPE is pretty pricey from what I saw, and Cobb might be good quality and without codes but doesn't seem to have the benefit of much additional intake noise...

Are there actual benefits to the induction hose replacements (perhaps do that an a filter)?

Any of the 2016+ intakes CARB legal in CA?

Thanks!
I would save your cash and skip the intake. A panel filter will be all you need until you upgrade the turbo. Best upgrades for the buck are in terms of power are an accessport with custom tune and intercooler. After that, your spending much more than you're gaining in terms of power. If you like the blow off valve sound, then you can upgrade that as it will net you better results than an intake.

I would save your cash and skip the intake. A panel filter will be all you need until you upgrade the turbo. Best upgrades for the buck are in terms of power are an accessport with custom tune and intercooler. After that, your spending much more than you're gaining in terms of power. If you like the blow off valve sound, then you can upgrade that as it will net you better results than an intake.
Word, yeah seems like a drop-in is the way to go. Oh well. I guess I gotta just rip it all out to do my short shifter, but an intake isn't really worth it at the moment.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Word, yeah seems like a drop-in is the way to go. Oh well. I guess I gotta just rip it all out to do my short shifter, but an intake isn't really worth it at the moment.
The RAMAIR drop-in filter with the Velossa Tech big mouth and ST200 airbox is a good combo. You can get it from [MENTION=5976]ron@whoosh[/MENTION]

I wouldn't mind the ITG Maxogen system but if its on par with the 2J intake in terms of loudness I'll pass. Thats a little too obnoxious for me.

The RAMAIR drop-in filter with the Velossa Tech big mouth and ST200 airbox is a good combo. You can get it from [MENTION=5976]ron@whoosh[/MENTION]

I wouldn't mind the ITG Maxogen system but if its on par with the 2J intake in terms of loudness I'll pass. Thats a little too obnoxious for me.
Yeah I agree, I like some noise, but not as loud as I've heard the 2J is. I'll prob do a big mouth at somepoint, but likely wait until I have another reason to pull the bumper off... probably when I do the IC down the road.

I’ve been running the intake for a two months and have had zero issues. I did have to cut some of the tape away to separate the harness wiring for the fog lights and washer tank but other than that it fit well. Here is a picture from install if it helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So after reading the entire thread I have just one question, whats the best bang for the buck? Just replacing the stock filter for a K&N? My car is brand new and I want to keep my warranty but without HP results from every maker of cold air intakes I still don't know If I want to spend close to $300 for a new intake or just buy a K&N. COOP

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
So after reading the entire thread I have just one question, whats the best bang for the buck? Just replacing the stock filter for a K&N? My car is brand new and I want to keep my warranty but without HP results from every maker of cold air intakes I still don't know If I want to spend close to $300 for a new intake or just buy a K&N. COOP
Go with the st200 airbox it was $255 including shipping. https://youtu.be/DHgMcEiqhug

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

I’ve been running the intake for a two months and have had zero issues. I did have to cut some of the tape away to separate the harness wiring for the fog lights and washer tank but other than that it fit well. Here is a picture from install if it helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What battery cover are you rocking? I don't think I have seen one on a USDM car yet.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Go with the st200 airbox it was $255 including shipping. https://youtu.be/DHgMcEiqhug

Yup!

I have the mountune because it comes with the MP215. This is the same thing, but made of plastic by Ford. It's an OEM part and looks totally stock. It's also a true CAI, since it doesn't draw hot air from the engine bay. Best bang for the buck, IMO.

By itself, it won't have much effect, other than sounding cool. If you go to hotter tunes, it will help more.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Yup!

I have the mountune because it comes with the MP215. This is the same thing, but made of plastic by Ford. It's an OEM part and looks totally stock. It's also a true CAI, since it doesn't draw hot air from the engine bay. Best bang for the buck, IMO.
It actually worked out for me because I don't believe the mountune box comes with the snorkel part that connects to the grill, and I broke the old one in the process of removal.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
It actually worked out for me because I don't believe the mountune box comes with the snorkel part that connects to the grill, and I broke the old one in the process of removal.

Good point. The mountune reuses the stock snorkel.

Cobb Cool Air intake. The Velossa will go on when the intercooler comes in.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk