Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Deutsch Electrical Connections

Sekred

1000 Post Club
I have used these electrical connecters for over 10 years. Used as original equipment on Caterpillar earthmoving and mining equipment they are a high end connection suitable for extreme heat and resistant to a high degree of moisture. I always try to use Deutsch connections when ever I add a electrical component to OEM system. The only time I has seen a corrosion or continuity problem is when the connector has been damaged and that has been in a harsh mining environment too. The down side is the cost and the special crimping pliers that must be used.
Here is a few images I took today when I moved my E-Boost that I thought I would share.

Wirer strippers, these make life easier.

IMG_2448.JPG

IMG_2474.JPG

IMG_2447.JPG

IMG_2451.JPG

IMG_2452.JPG

IMG_2461.JPG

IMG_2466.JPG

IMG_2469.JPG

IMG_2470.JPG

E Boost.2.jpg

IMG_2476.JPG

Attachments

rexdriver85

Never thought I'd see Deutsch connectors posted on this forum! Like you, I've been using these things for about 12 years at this point. First introduced to them when I was building wiring harnesses for a race team I traveled with for a few years. Now a diesel technician for the last 10 years, and I deal with these on a daily basis.

They are bar-none simply the best type of connector on the market today in my opinion. There may be something better, I just don't know about it. They are easy to build, easy to take apart, easy to insert and remove pins, and they just last forever as long as the seal isn't compromised. You hardly ever see circuits failed from corrosion in these connectors. They come in many types of configurations for any type of project you are working on.

Great post!

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Yea, I used them to build a wiring harness for a CJ8 jeep that I put a 5.3L LS swap in.

We also use them on our industrial equipment that I work on. 36V DC powered heavy equipment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use these where possible here at CP-E. Not only does it make for super clean and reliable wiring, but it makes diagnosing issues alot easier when you can isolate them via connectors.