Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Found a good deal , need suggestion

cathy

Hi,

First of all I am not sure if i got to the right category, if not please move this thread to right cat.
So here is the deal, i already have fiesta and found another one to buy for my sister, but the engine is gone, need new engine, the deal is 2013 se for $7k.
Could you please let me know how much would it cost to replace engine and how hard is that ?
I really appreciate any feed back on it.

Thank You

brbauer2

Run away....FAST.

A fully loaded 2013 Fiesta Titanium with 36000 miles in EXCELLENT condition is coming up on KBB @ $9770 for the hatch and $9710 for the sedan. Take $2500-$3000 off that price for the SE...

RUN

OP
C

cathy

Thread Starter #3
I was thinking that I can get cheaper engine work done so the total value would be lower than market value. Are you sure that it will cost over $25000 to replace it ?

Run away....FAST.

A fully loaded 2013 Fiesta Titanium with 36000 miles in EXCELLENT condition is coming up on KBB @ $9770 for the hatch and $9710 for the sedan. Take $2500-$3000 off that price for the SE...

RUN

brbauer2

I was thinking that I can get cheaper engine work done so the total value would be lower than market value. Are you sure that it will cost over $25000 to replace it ?
You're buying a car WITHOUT an engine for the price of a EXCELLENT CONDITION FULLY FUNCTIONAL vehicle.

again...

RUN

Engine replacement. All said and done properly probably cost well over 2000.

Junkyard replacement, all said and done... probably cost a minimum of 1500. (then just add in another 2000 to do it right since the junkyard motor is... junk)

7000 is not a good deal for a car thats worth 6500. Listen to the people here, and just buy a working car.