Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Shop in SoCal that will install a diff

Does anybody know good shop in Southern Cali that will take on installing a diff in the FiST? So far Mountune wont because I am going with a wavetrac and they only install products they sell. Cobb in Fountain Valley wont, Technosquare wont (even though they installed one on the motoiq FiST) The only shop that I have gotten to say they might is Road Race Engineering. I am going with the wavetrac and 4.3:1 final drive. Don't feel comfortable cracking open the transmission myself.

OP
L
Thread Starter #3
Does anybody know good shop in Southern Cali that will take on installing a diff in the FiST? So far Mountune wont because I am going with a wavetrac and they only install products they sell. Cobb in Fountain Valley wont, Technosquare wont (even though they installed one on the motoiq FiST) The only shop that I have gotten to say they might is Road Race Engineering. I am going with the wavetrac and 4.3:1 final drive. Don't feel comfortable cracking open the transmission myself.
The only one I haven't called is modbargains. Project Import did not seem to confident when I talked to them and they wont install the diff. They will just remove the trans and then send it out to have the diff installed then ship it back to have the trans reinstalled.

Road Race Engineering? They basically rebuilt my Evo, but are very handy around all car brands. Great tuners, too!

Pete

I'm in the process right now of doing the wavetrac and final drive ratio myself. I am making a DIY video. As a word of advice the final drive needs quite a few bearings some of which Ford of America doesn't make. I'll have a whole write up and documentation when I am done. Transmission has been apart for 2 weeks now waiting for the bearings because as far as I know I am the first one here in the states to do this.

OP
L
Thread Starter #6
I'm in the process right now of doing the wavetrac and final drive ratio myself. I am making a DIY video. As a word of advice the final drive needs quite a few bearings some of which Ford of America doesn't make. I'll have a whole write up and documentation when I am done. Transmission has been apart for 2 weeks now waiting for the bearings because as far as I know I am the first one here in the states to do this.
After reading your comment I have decided to buy the X-47 first and then see how your trans turns out. I appreciate the reply. I wish it was easier to just buy the ST200 trans that already has the shorter gears installed.