Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

LED Headlights: Which Would You Choose?

LED Headlights: Which Would You Choose?

• Total voters
And if you didn't want a long winded and thorough response, you shouldn't have kept being a retard. But here we are. No one is bullying anyone. Get out of you safe space and grow up. You're lazy.

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

And if you didn't want a long winded and thorough response, you shouldn't have kept being a retard. But here we are. No one is bullying anyone. Get out of you safe space and grow up. You're lazy.

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk
I think you have identified most of your issues. Knowing is half the battle.

You mentioned Philips is a company developing an LED bulb that is "optically" similar to a halogen. Since I'm lazy, care to provide a link to the information.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I too also have xenon depot LEDs lights...pleased but want this info on the Phillips LEAST HEY are developing ...[popcorn]

I think you have identified most of your issues. Knowing is half the battle.

You mentioned Philips is a company developing an LED bulb that is "optically" similar to a halogen. Since I'm lazy, care to provide a link to the information.
I identified that you're lazy and retarded. You're right. Knowing is half the battle. And no, I don't feel like providing a link to the information. I'll just do my own research, and you do the same. You're a troll. Go away.

I identified that you're lazy and retarded. You're right. Knowing is half the battle. And no, I don't feel like providing a link to the information. I'll just do my own research, and you do the same. You're a troll. Go away.
More name calling. That would be a good indicator that you are not "well educated".

And, no source for your information. Of course you can't provide a source because it is isn't true. LED headlight development is moving to working with arrays of adaptable lighting in an effort to move lighting technology forward. And adding lasers in an effort to get the pods off of the roof of autonomous vehicles. Making an LED "optically" similar to a halogen bulb is not moving LED headlight technology forward.

Are you still here? Do you need a hug? I have zero reason or desire to "prove" my credentials to you, but I can assure you I am both well educated, and a technician, and I can also assure you that you are nothing more than a non-contributing troll.

You're also barely informed on the subject. I'm sure you read a few websites that made you an expert though. Go away.\

You sound like a highschool kid that's trying to fit in at the grown-up table.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Yes....and the whole ballast can fit inside the back of the housing with the heat dissipation ribbon. It's tight but it works perfect! If you were close to me I'd roll over and install them.

Are you still here? Do you need a hug? I have zero reason or desire to "prove" my credentials to you, but I can assure you I am both well educated, and a technician, and I can also assure you that you are nothing more than a non-contributing troll.

You're also barely informed on the subject. I'm sure you read a few websites that made you an expert though. Go away.\

You sound like a highschool kid that's trying to fit in at the grown-up table.
I'm confused. Continuing to insult me tells me you want me to stay. But you want me to go?

I agree, a few minutes of research does not make someone an expert. But I have done more than a few minutes, and I don't claim to be an expert.

Yes....and the whole ballast can fit inside the back of the housing with the heat dissipation ribbon. It's tight but it works perfect! If you were close to me I'd roll over and install them.
That's cool, you can fit everything in the housing so it basically looks stock under the hood?

Nice work.

Just wanted to re-post these images over from another thread I used them in (Euro headlight install thread) to give those of you looking at the XenonDepot LEDs an idea of what the 'newer' version of their LED bulbs look like compared to the 'version 1' LEDs:

Ignore how the bulb bases look in this comparison, as well as the small black/white piece with prongs on it. My old LEDs are for the stock H11, where as the newer LEDs are for H7 (stock size in the Euro headlights). Just wanted to give you guys a 'version 1' vs. 'version 2' picture so you know how they've changed.

-Matt

Just wanted to re-post these images over from another thread I used them in (Euro headlight install thread) to give those of you looking at the XenonDepot LEDs an idea of what the 'newer' version of their LED bulbs look like compared to the 'version 1' LEDs:

Ignore how the bulb bases look in this comparison, as well as the small black/white piece with prongs on it. My old LEDs are for the stock H11, where as the newer LEDs are for H7 (stock size in the Euro headlights). Just wanted to give you guys a 'version 1' vs. 'version 2' picture so you know how they've changed.

-Matt
I bought these and they do not fit @ all.... Has someone installed these yet? Rubber dust /moisture cover does not go back on.... Pissed on spending $120

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'd call them and ask them for the old design bulbs with the orange ring. They fit under the stock caps just fine. I bought the new ones also and they are on their way. This makes me think the newer design will not fit under the cap anymore due to the length. Grrrr.....i guess that's life. See if you can get the old design for cheaper....they work great also.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Used Xenon Depot Xtremes for my low beams and Morimito XB LED projectors with yellow lamin-x for the fogs. The setup seems to work pretty well.
So you use the h11 setup for the stock headlamps? If so ...do they have any issues with the cover on the back going on? I have the old style orange print and everything fit inside the housing with the cap on.

So you use the h11 setup for the stock headlamps? If so ...do they have any issues with the cover on the back going on? I have the old style orange print and everything fit inside the housing with the cap on.
I was able to fit the ballast, heatsink, and wiring all in the housing and the dust cap installed fine.

Do you have any pics, mine will not close and the back of the bulb is hard on the housing plastic... Heat sink, even when squashed pushes out the rubber cover keeping any type of seal from happening.... Took lights out and worked at the kitchen table for 1hr trying to figure it out....

Do you have any pics, mine will not close and the back of the bulb is hard on the housing plastic... Heat sink, even when squashed pushes out the rubber cover keeping any type of seal from happening.... Took lights out and worked at the kitchen table for 1hr trying to figure it out....
I guess my dust cover does lift a little on one side, but it still seems to seal moisture out ok.

Sorry for the akward pic.