Welcome to Fiesta ST Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

View Poll Results: LED Headlights: Which Would You Choose?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Auxbeam

2 10.53%
  • Morimoto 2Stroke

2 10.53%
  • SiriusLED

2 10.53%
  • XenonDepot XTreme

9 47.37%
  • Other (Please indicate by posting below)

4 21.05%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
    Senior Member 404 Rep Points
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points Earned First 1500 Posts and 300 Rep Points
    State
    OH
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by danbfree View Post
    But whether you noticed it or not they were likely a little dimmer and ill effect LED chip life.... I mean, it's great that you haven't had any problems but temperature degrading is something everyone should keep in mind, this graph shows how they can drop off in brightness considerably.
    The reason they don't overheat is, there's plenty of room to dissipate heat inside the housing. One problem with LEDs is they don't get hot enough to keep the snow melted off the lens housings. The Halogen Sylvania Silverstars I had with a prior vehicle weren't nearly as white or as bright, they would fade and would routinely burn out in ten to eighteen months.

Auto manufacturers have been incorporating LEDs into their OEM builds whereas before they wouldn't.
    https://www.autobytel.com/car-buying...tition-130697/
    2016 Ford Fiesta ST Kona Blue ; Engine, Suspension will remain untouched ; Southwest Ohio ; Winter: 215/45R17 Continental ; Seasonal: 205/40R17 Bridgestone

Senior Member 337 Rep Points danbfree's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points Earned First 1500 Posts and 300 Rep Points
    State
    OR
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Intuit View Post
    The reason they don't overheat is, there's plenty of room to dissipate heat inside the housing. One problem with LEDs is they don't get hot enough to keep the snow melted off the lens housings. The Halogen Sylvania Silverstars I had with a prior vehicle weren't nearly as white or as bright, they would fade and would routinely burn out in ten to eighteen months.

Auto manufacturers have been incorporating LEDs into their OEM builds whereas before they wouldn't.
    https://www.autobytel.com/car-buying...tition-130697/
    Yeah, those Sylvania bulbs are notorious for burning out fast, but you should see the temps measured by our own members with LED's, they were pushing the manufacturers rated upper limits. Housing was reaching 150 degrees Fahrenheit and the cooling stalk was about 174 degrees, that's definitely warm enough to keep snow melted. :)
    '17 Magnetic - black wheels/red calipers only option - New Feb, '18.
    Tunes: Dizzy V2 e30 with Cobb TC at 3 as daily smooth tune, Stratified v4.00 93 octane with Stratified Optimal TC when e85 not available.
    Performance: Drop-in filter w/cold air shroud cutout, Whoosh crossover w/upgraded turbo inlet, silicone Symposer delete and hotside J pipe, TurboSmart VR2 EM plumb back DV, 18" Magnaflow glasspack muffler with 9" resonated DC Sports black tip, step colder NGK plugs gapped at .0275.
    Mounts/bracing: Torque Solutions 75a RMM, Powerflex Street engine side mount inserts, TB Performance Traction Bar
    Interior: Mojo Mfg short shift plate, Savanini ball shift knob, leather padded arm rest cover.
    To Do: Intercooler, Eibach springs, tint. Really, not much else :)

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zanethan View Post
    I'm happy with my Auxbeams, but I have noticed a very slight and faint flicker sometimes when I'm behind someone at a red light. It seams to be more prevalent when the turn signals are on. For $40 I've learned to live with it.
    Really?
    I'm looking for a set of led headlight bulbs now and I was also recommended Auxbeam by someone.
    But I searched the comments about Auxbeam and it seemed 50% good and 50% bad.
    So I still don't know if I should have a try.
    And one more thing is: Many posts told me h11 will be the right plug for the fiesta. But the Auxbeam customer service told me h7 led bulb would fit.
    Very confused...

Ratings | Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points
    Country
    Canada
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Quote Originally Posted by christoe chu View Post
    Really?
    I'm looking for a set of led headlight bulbs now and I was also recommended Auxbeam by someone.
    And one more thing is: Many posts told me h11 will be the right plug for the fiesta. But the Auxbeam customer service told me h7 led bulb would fit.
    Very confused...
    The H7 is used for the projector the rest of the world gets. The H11 is for North American reflector headlights.

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    State
    OR
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by christoe chu View Post
    Really?
    Very confused...
    Can't help you on your brand of bulb any more than I have but the last post is exactly right, North American Fiesta uses H11 for low beam in our reflector housing and the Euro version has projector housing that takes H7.
    Tunes: Dizzy V2 e30 with Cobb TC at 3 as daily smooth tune, Stratified v4.00 93 octane with Stratified Optimal TC when e85 not available.
    Performance: Drop-in filter w/cold air shroud cutout, Whoosh crossover w/upgraded turbo inlet, silicone Symposer delete and hotside J pipe, TurboSmart VR2 EM plumb back DV, 18" Magnaflow glasspack muffler with 9" resonated DC Sports black tip, step colder NGK plugs gapped at .0275.
    Mounts/bracing: Torque Solutions 75a RMM, Powerflex Street engine side mount inserts, TB Performance Traction Bar
    Interior: Mojo Mfg short shift plate, Savanini ball shift knob, leather padded arm rest cover.

New Member 9 Rep Points JorJorBinks's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have these (((HIKARI LED Headlight Bulbs Conversion Kit-H11(H8,H9), 2019 New Gen of HIKARI, Adjustable Beam, 9600lm 6K Cool White,2 Yr Warranty))) lights and they’re like 90% of the way to the stock halogens in terms of beam pattern. I tried adjusting the beam the full 90* while turned on so I watched the pattern change. The vertical position is the brighter position, (light coming out to the left and right) but made the right headlight brighter towards the inside of the beam pattern. So the right side of the vehicle has about 70% of the brightness of the same area on the left side of the vehicle. Then turning them a full 90* (the light is now coming out in the up/down position) makes the beam exactly how the stock halogens are, but at a cost. The light coming out is significantly dimmer then the last position I’d say 50-60% of total light of the brighter position. Both positions don’t have any light bleeding into the areas above the cut off, the lights fit in the housing with the lids on, there is no ballast(just plug and play), and the light is very white with very little blue. I’d say they’re daylight color. They’re livable if you’re not anal about the tiny details, but if you are and you might wanna find another brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member 45 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points
    State
    CO
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

my hikari just burnt out my passenger side the outside bank all went out the rest where light up still. I purchased the 90$ ones installed last june of last year and burnt out in early feb so about half year life. I was going to just buy the one bulb to replace the broken one but at 50$ for just the one bulb I went with a set of the techmax and am very pleased and I still saved dough.

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    State
    OR
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ROCKYFiestta View Post
    my hikari just burnt out my passenger side the outside bank all went out the rest where light up still. I purchased the 90$ ones installed last june of last year and burnt out in early feb so about half year life. I was going to just buy the one bulb to replace the broken one but at 50$ for just the one bulb I went with a set of the techmax and am very pleased and I still saved dough.
    Yep, the TechMax works very much just as well as those Hikari overall, they are an amazing buy! Edit: Personally I'd try the Nineo Gen 2 for only $10 more but still the TechMax are a great buy to just replace them both at once with.

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    State
    OR
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by JorJorBinks View Post
    I have these (((HIKARI LED Headlight Bulbs Conversion Kit-H11(H8,H9), 2019 New Gen of HIKARI, Adjustable Beam, 9600lm 6K Cool White,2 Yr Warranty))) lights and they’re like 90% of the way to the stock halogens in terms of beam pattern. I tried adjusting the beam the full 90* while turned on so I watched the pattern change. The vertical position is the brighter position, (light coming out to the left and right) but made the right headlight brighter towards the inside of the beam pattern. So the right side of the vehicle has about 70% of the brightness of the same area on the left side of the vehicle. Then turning them a full 90* (the light is now coming out in the up/down position) makes the beam exactly how the stock halogens are, but at a cost. The light coming out is significantly dimmer then the last position I’d say 50-60% of total light of the brighter position. Both positions don’t have any light bleeding into the areas above the cut off, the lights fit in the housing with the lids on, there is no ballast(just plug and play), and the light is very white with very little blue. I’d say they’re daylight color. They’re livable if you’re not anal about the tiny details, but if you are and you might wanna find another brand.
    Thanks for the feedback, it seems having them aligned vertically is the way to go... But looks like those "Hikari Standard" reviewed down in the middle of the LED charts. The TechMax are 700 lumen brighter for the same price if you can still exchange them.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678