Welcome to Fiesta ST Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

View Poll Results: LED Headlights: Which Would You Choose?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Auxbeam

    2 10.53%
  • Morimoto 2Stroke

    2 10.53%
  • SiriusLED

    2 10.53%
  • XenonDepot XTreme

    9 47.37%
  • Other (Please indicate by posting below)

    4 21.05%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
Results 71 to 79 of 79
  1. #71
    Senior Member 404 Rep Points
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

    Member #
    5184
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points Earned First 1500 Posts and 300 Rep Points
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    South West Ohio
    State
    OH
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    1,512
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    404


    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by danbfree View Post
    But whether you noticed it or not they were likely a little dimmer and ill effect LED chip life.... I mean, it's great that you haven't had any problems but temperature degrading is something everyone should keep in mind, this graph shows how they can drop off in brightness considerably.
    The reason they don't overheat is, there's plenty of room to dissipate heat inside the housing. One problem with LEDs is they don't get hot enough to keep the snow melted off the lens housings. The Halogen Sylvania Silverstars I had with a prior vehicle weren't nearly as white or as bright, they would fade and would routinely burn out in ten to eighteen months.

    Auto manufacturers have been incorporating LEDs into their OEM builds whereas before they wouldn't.
    https://www.autobytel.com/car-buying...tition-130697/
    2016 Ford Fiesta ST Kona Blue ; Engine, Suspension will remain untouched ; Southwest Ohio ; Winter: 215/45R17 Continental ; Seasonal: 205/40R17 Bridgestone

  2. #72
    Senior Member 337 Rep Points danbfree's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

    Member #
    9500
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points Earned First 1500 Posts and 300 Rep Points
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Tigard
    State
    OR
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    1,935
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    337


    Quote Originally Posted by Intuit View Post
    The reason they don't overheat is, there's plenty of room to dissipate heat inside the housing. One problem with LEDs is they don't get hot enough to keep the snow melted off the lens housings. The Halogen Sylvania Silverstars I had with a prior vehicle weren't nearly as white or as bright, they would fade and would routinely burn out in ten to eighteen months.

    Auto manufacturers have been incorporating LEDs into their OEM builds whereas before they wouldn't.
    https://www.autobytel.com/car-buying...tition-130697/
    Yeah, those Sylvania bulbs are notorious for burning out fast, but you should see the temps measured by our own members with LED's, they were pushing the manufacturers rated upper limits. Housing was reaching 150 degrees Fahrenheit and the cooling stalk was about 174 degrees, that's definitely warm enough to keep snow melted. :)
    '17 Magnetic - black wheels/red calipers only option - New Feb, '18.
    Tunes: Dizzy V2 e30 with Cobb TC at 3 as daily smooth tune, Stratified v4.00 93 octane with Stratified Optimal TC when e85 not available.
    Performance: Drop-in filter w/cold air shroud cutout, Whoosh crossover w/upgraded turbo inlet, silicone Symposer delete and hotside J pipe, TurboSmart VR2 EM plumb back DV, 18" Magnaflow glasspack muffler with 9" resonated DC Sports black tip, step colder NGK plugs gapped at .0275.
    Mounts/bracing: Torque Solutions 75a RMM, Powerflex Street engine side mount inserts, TB Performance Traction Bar
    Interior: Mojo Mfg short shift plate, Savanini ball shift knob, leather padded arm rest cover.
    To Do: Intercooler, Eibach springs, tint. Really, not much else :)

  3. #73
    New Member
    0%
    Rate Transaction

    Member #
    10888
    Medals
     
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Fontana
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    4


    Quote Originally Posted by zanethan View Post
    I'm happy with my Auxbeams, but I have noticed a very slight and faint flicker sometimes when I'm behind someone at a red light. It seams to be more prevalent when the turn signals are on. For $40 I've learned to live with it.
    Really?
    I'm looking for a set of led headlight bulbs now and I was also recommended Auxbeam by someone.
    But I searched the comments about Auxbeam and it seemed 50% good and 50% bad.
    So I still don't know if I should have a try.
    And one more thing is: Many posts told me h11 will be the right plug for the fiesta. But the Auxbeam customer service told me h7 led bulb would fit.
    Very confused...

  4. #74
    Member 169 Rep Points KKaWing's Avatar
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

    Member #
    126
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Somewhere
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    665
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    169


    1 Likes

    Quote Originally Posted by christoe chu View Post
    Really?
    I'm looking for a set of led headlight bulbs now and I was also recommended Auxbeam by someone.
    But I searched the comments about Auxbeam and it seemed 50% good and 50% bad.
    So I still don't know if I should have a try.
    And one more thing is: Many posts told me h11 will be the right plug for the fiesta. But the Auxbeam customer service told me h7 led bulb would fit.
    Very confused...
    The H7 is used for the projector the rest of the world gets. The H11 is for North American reflector headlights.

  5. #75
    Senior Member 337 Rep Points danbfree's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

    Member #
    9500
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points Earned First 1500 Posts and 300 Rep Points
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Tigard
    State
    OR
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    1,935
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    337


    Quote Originally Posted by christoe chu View Post
    Really?
    I'm looking for a set of led headlight bulbs now and I was also recommended Auxbeam by someone.
    But I searched the comments about Auxbeam and it seemed 50% good and 50% bad.
    So I still don't know if I should have a try.
    And one more thing is: Many posts told me h11 will be the right plug for the fiesta. But the Auxbeam customer service told me h7 led bulb would fit.
    Very confused...
    Can't help you on your brand of bulb any more than I have but the last post is exactly right, North American Fiesta uses H11 for low beam in our reflector housing and the Euro version has projector housing that takes H7.
    '17 Magnetic - black wheels/red calipers only option - New Feb, '18.
    Tunes: Dizzy V2 e30 with Cobb TC at 3 as daily smooth tune, Stratified v4.00 93 octane with Stratified Optimal TC when e85 not available.
    Performance: Drop-in filter w/cold air shroud cutout, Whoosh crossover w/upgraded turbo inlet, silicone Symposer delete and hotside J pipe, TurboSmart VR2 EM plumb back DV, 18" Magnaflow glasspack muffler with 9" resonated DC Sports black tip, step colder NGK plugs gapped at .0275.
    Mounts/bracing: Torque Solutions 75a RMM, Powerflex Street engine side mount inserts, TB Performance Traction Bar
    Interior: Mojo Mfg short shift plate, Savanini ball shift knob, leather padded arm rest cover.
    To Do: Intercooler, Eibach springs, tint. Really, not much else :)

  6. #76
    New Member 9 Rep Points JorJorBinks's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

    Member #
    8016
    Medals
     
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Huntington Beach
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    30
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    9


    I have these (((HIKARI LED Headlight Bulbs Conversion Kit-H11(H8,H9), 2019 New Gen of HIKARI, Adjustable Beam, 9600lm 6K Cool White,2 Yr Warranty))) lights and they’re like 90% of the way to the stock halogens in terms of beam pattern. I tried adjusting the beam the full 90* while turned on so I watched the pattern change. The vertical position is the brighter position, (light coming out to the left and right) but made the right headlight brighter towards the inside of the beam pattern. So the right side of the vehicle has about 70% of the brightness of the same area on the left side of the vehicle. Then turning them a full 90* (the light is now coming out in the up/down position) makes the beam exactly how the stock halogens are, but at a cost. The light coming out is significantly dimmer then the last position I’d say 50-60% of total light of the brighter position. Both positions don’t have any light bleeding into the areas above the cut off, the lights fit in the housing with the lids on, there is no ballast(just plug and play), and the light is very white with very little blue. I’d say they’re daylight color. They’re livable if you’re not anal about the tiny details, but if you are and you might wanna find another brand.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #77
    Member 45 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

    Member #
    10211
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    State
    CO
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    255
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    45


    1 Likes

    my hikari just burnt out my passenger side the outside bank all went out the rest where light up still. I purchased the 90$ ones installed last june of last year and burnt out in early feb so about half year life. I was going to just buy the one bulb to replace the broken one but at 50$ for just the one bulb I went with a set of the techmax and am very pleased and I still saved dough.

  8. #78
    Senior Member 337 Rep Points danbfree's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

    Member #
    9500
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points Earned First 1500 Posts and 300 Rep Points
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Tigard
    State
    OR
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    1,935
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    337


    Quote Originally Posted by ROCKYFiestta View Post
    my hikari just burnt out my passenger side the outside bank all went out the rest where light up still. I purchased the 90$ ones installed last june of last year and burnt out in early feb so about half year life. I was going to just buy the one bulb to replace the broken one but at 50$ for just the one bulb I went with a set of the techmax and am very pleased and I still saved dough.
    Yep, the TechMax works very much just as well as those Hikari overall, they are an amazing buy! Edit: Personally I'd try the Nineo Gen 2 for only $10 more but still the TechMax are a great buy to just replace them both at once with.
    '17 Magnetic - black wheels/red calipers only option - New Feb, '18.
    Tunes: Dizzy V2 e30 with Cobb TC at 3 as daily smooth tune, Stratified v4.00 93 octane with Stratified Optimal TC when e85 not available.
    Performance: Drop-in filter w/cold air shroud cutout, Whoosh crossover w/upgraded turbo inlet, silicone Symposer delete and hotside J pipe, TurboSmart VR2 EM plumb back DV, 18" Magnaflow glasspack muffler with 9" resonated DC Sports black tip, step colder NGK plugs gapped at .0275.
    Mounts/bracing: Torque Solutions 75a RMM, Powerflex Street engine side mount inserts, TB Performance Traction Bar
    Interior: Mojo Mfg short shift plate, Savanini ball shift knob, leather padded arm rest cover.
    To Do: Intercooler, Eibach springs, tint. Really, not much else :)

  9. #79
    Senior Member 337 Rep Points danbfree's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

    Member #
    9500
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points Earned First 1500 Posts and 300 Rep Points
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Tigard
    State
    OR
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    1,935
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    337


    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by JorJorBinks View Post
    I have these (((HIKARI LED Headlight Bulbs Conversion Kit-H11(H8,H9), 2019 New Gen of HIKARI, Adjustable Beam, 9600lm 6K Cool White,2 Yr Warranty))) lights and they’re like 90% of the way to the stock halogens in terms of beam pattern. I tried adjusting the beam the full 90* while turned on so I watched the pattern change. The vertical position is the brighter position, (light coming out to the left and right) but made the right headlight brighter towards the inside of the beam pattern. So the right side of the vehicle has about 70% of the brightness of the same area on the left side of the vehicle. Then turning them a full 90* (the light is now coming out in the up/down position) makes the beam exactly how the stock halogens are, but at a cost. The light coming out is significantly dimmer then the last position I’d say 50-60% of total light of the brighter position. Both positions don’t have any light bleeding into the areas above the cut off, the lights fit in the housing with the lids on, there is no ballast(just plug and play), and the light is very white with very little blue. I’d say they’re daylight color. They’re livable if you’re not anal about the tiny details, but if you are and you might wanna find another brand.
    Thanks for the feedback, it seems having them aligned vertically is the way to go... But looks like those "Hikari Standard" reviewed down in the middle of the LED charts. The TechMax are 700 lumen brighter for the same price if you can still exchange them.
    '17 Magnetic - black wheels/red calipers only option - New Feb, '18.
    Tunes: Dizzy V2 e30 with Cobb TC at 3 as daily smooth tune, Stratified v4.00 93 octane with Stratified Optimal TC when e85 not available.
    Performance: Drop-in filter w/cold air shroud cutout, Whoosh crossover w/upgraded turbo inlet, silicone Symposer delete and hotside J pipe, TurboSmart VR2 EM plumb back DV, 18" Magnaflow glasspack muffler with 9" resonated DC Sports black tip, step colder NGK plugs gapped at .0275.
    Mounts/bracing: Torque Solutions 75a RMM, Powerflex Street engine side mount inserts, TB Performance Traction Bar
    Interior: Mojo Mfg short shift plate, Savanini ball shift knob, leather padded arm rest cover.
    To Do: Intercooler, Eibach springs, tint. Really, not much else :)

 

 
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Similar Threads

  1. Which Fiesta ST Intercooler did you choose?
    By rooSTer in forum EcoBoost Engine Upgrades
    Replies: 446
    Last Post: 01-20-2019, 02:18 AM
  2. Help me to choose winter Tire Setup!!
    By Charest2394 in forum Wheels & Tires
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 11-25-2018, 12:25 AM
  3. Which wheel option did you choose on your Fiesta ST?
    By MKVIIST in forum Wheels & Tires
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 08-02-2016, 02:54 PM
  4. Choose New Wheel + Summer Tire
    By Charest2394 in forum Wheels & Tires
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-17-2014, 04:56 PM
  5. help to choose coilover 3 choices
    By ralphxtreme in forum Wheels & Tires
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-07-2014, 06:45 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •