Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Who tracks their FiST?

Woods247

2000 Post Club
What's your suspension setup?
I’ll have specifics next week but Joe at 2J-Racing is having custom adjustable BC Racing with Swift Springs built for me. He’s corner balancing and aligning it as well. He has a lot of experience building and competing in Fiestas. Thankfully he’s local.

What suspensions are you guys running? This season I want to tackle cooling (rad and brake ducting) and suspension, but there are a lot of options.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
I like stock suspension. I do have a 6-point front brace, mid-ship brace, and the trunk brace. Oh, and the Pierce rear torsion bar. So I guess that is my only suspension mod. I would definitely do cooling before I messed with the suspension, even if I didn't have the braces. But I do live in the south where the temps rarely are below 80°F ambient on a normal track day.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

did a track day last week with my new radiator in, holy hell the difference. before i would have to lift and coast after a lap or 2 as water was at 245 and oil at near 270, with the radiator it never got above 212 water and 235 oil.

did a track day last week with my new radiator in, holy hell the difference. before i would have to lift and coast after a lap or 2 as water was at 245 and oil at near 270, with the radiator it never got above 212 water and 235 oil.
That's a huge drop in temps! Details on your radiator upgrade?

I got similar temp drops with the rad/oil cooler combo. I've done 90 degree 25 min sessions @ the glen and that set up hasn't cracked 215 water/235 oil. Its amazing.

Does anyone track their big turbo fiesta? I‘m planning on tracking it on the Nordschleife for several laps but I‘m concerned if it can take 20-30 minutes of punishment on stock internals @ 300 whp

Does anyone track their big turbo fiesta? I‘m planning on tracking it on the Nordschleife for several laps but I‘m concerned if it can take 20-30 minutes of punishment on stock internals @ 300 whp
If you're on the stock radiator and oil-to-water heat exchanger, chances are you'll overheat coolant in 2-3 minutes driving at a decent pace. If you've never driven on track, and/or you're new to the Nordschleife, you might not run into overheating issues right away.

At a minimum, I would run a performance oil such as Motul 300V 0w20. It will give you far more protection than non-performance oils at high temperatures. Switching to distilled water + additives (e.g. Redline's Water Wetter or NanoCool in the US) instead of water/coolant mix will also give you a bit more cooling capacity.

If you plan on tracking often however, a larger radiator and a dedicated oil (to air) cooler are required to prevent a car with stock power from overheating after a lap or two. Big turbo will heat things up quicker. Hood vents would be the next thing to improve on the Fiesta ST after radiator and oil cooler.

I track my MRX Fiesta and have had no problems so far with 3 sessions under my belt with the current setup. I do have an upgraded radiator and an oil cooler though.

Deffo gonna need an oil cooler and radiator then.. i‘m not new to the Nordschleife so it‘ll really take some punishment. But first things first, I still need semis and an oil temp gauge.

Thanks for the quick replies!

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Try a radiator upgrade first. You might not need the oil cooler. I track in the hot southeastern USA and the Mishimoto radiator solved my coolant and oil heat problems. Before installing it, I couldn’t drive more than 10 minutes on track without it pulling power.

Try a radiator upgrade first. You might not need the oil cooler. I track in the hot southeastern USA and the Mishimoto radiator solved my coolant and oil heat problems. Before installing it, I couldn’t drive more than 10 minutes on track without it pulling power.
Well our temps are way lower than yours so I guess a Radiator would do the Job.

Is your FiSt stock?

I'll see how it goes, worst case I'd then just have to buy an oil cooler in addition. Thanks for chiming in.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
My turbo is stock. I have every supporting bolt-on for a larger turbo but haven’t decided which replacement I want.

My temps with Mishimoto oil cooler and Mountune radiator:
http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/...diator-Upgrade?p=261526&viewfull=1#post261526

70F = 21C ambient. As you can see, even with stock power, on 225 width sports tires (not slicks), things get pretty hot after a few laps despite the cooling mods.

In order to track in the California summers, I'd need a larger oil cooler core and hood vents. YMMV!

I just signed up for the May 10th Track Night In America event at Pocono. Anyone run here before?

I've autocrossed for years but this will be the first actual track day. The 2.5 mile course they run looks like it won't play nice with temps but I'm not going to upgrade anything outside brakes/intercooler for the first time out. We'll see how it goes before going crazy.

Time to figure out which pads might be best. [like]

I am a Local at the Nürburgring, so message me if You want, i am almost every Weekend on the Track there[:)]
What a dream that must be :)

I'll actually be in Germany for work next week, flying into Frankfurt and staying in Blomberg. One of these trips I'll extend it a few days to get out on the ring for a few laps.