Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2016+ Fiesta ST Induction Hose/Intake Kit P144C Code Update

Trader history for mishimoto (0)

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
I cleared my code and it hasn't come back in a week of hard driving so far but the adapter replacement should me on its way to me soon.

Anyone know of any detrimental effects of the code or is it just an annoyance?
The code it self will not cause harm.....however with the CEL on how do you know about other possible problems without constantly reading your codes?????

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Update....just got off of phone with Mishi......supposed to be sending label to return the whole POS for a refund. Will update if I actually get it.

Edit.....just received email with label.

Last edited:
The code it self will not cause harm.....however with the CEL on how do you know about other possible problems without constantly reading your codes?????
When you reset the codes, it will go away for a while. Not sure yet how long in between alerts though.

So what's the story Mishimoto? Does the second revision of the hose need another revision now? I'd like to hear more before ordering an intake...Thanks

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
So what's the story Mishimoto? Does the second revision of the hose need another revision now? I'd like to hear more before ordering an intake...Thanks
My "new" assembly worked fine in town but the first 3rd gear pull onto the Interstate and .....you guessed it, a CEL. Same old code. Mishi sent a return label, gone tomorrow! I will replace with a Mountune and Ford cable assembly from a 2015.

Cyke

I also did not purchase directly, and I'm stuck with an intake that constantly throws codes. My car went into limp mode after resetting the light so many times, so I had no option but to uninstall. Mishimoto should be making this right for everyone that bought an intake regardless of where they got it. Extremely dissatisfied with this product...

Bummer, not what I was hoping to hear. I'd like to get an intake that is meant to work with the 2016 setup, rather than piece something together with the Whoosh kit (not that it's bad, just a preference). I guess the wait continues to see if Mishimoto can work this out or if the Cobb unit has any success.

OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #49
I also did not purchase directly, and I'm stuck with an intake that constantly throws codes. My car went into limp mode after resetting the light so many times, so I had no option but to uninstall. Mishimoto should be making this right for everyone that bought an intake regardless of where they got it. Extremely dissatisfied with this product...

[MENTION=4698]Cyke[/MENTION], I am going to work with our Customer Service department to see if we can work something out. We are going to further investigate what is happening with your car. If anyone else is having problems with the new adapter, please PM me!

-Diamaan

[MENTION=4698]Cyke[/MENTION], I am going to work with our Customer Service department to see if we can work something out. We are going to further investigate what is happening with your car. If anyone else is having problems with the new adapter, please PM me!

-Diamaan
Please keep us posted on this. I'd like to run one of your intakes, but would like this to be squashed out before I pull the trigger...

OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #52
How long have you had that piece installed? Did it come loose while driving?

Please keep us posted on this. I'd like to run one of your intakes, but would like this to be squashed out before I pull the trigger...
Sure thing! Keep an eye on this thread for more updates. We are working to get to the bottom of the odd anomalies with this product. Right now, I'm working with engineering to figure out some more options for those that are still having issues.

-Diamaan

Bluedrank

Sure thing! Keep an eye on this thread for more updates. We are working to get to the bottom of the odd anomalies with this product. Right now, I'm working with engineering to figure out some more options for those that are still having issues.

-Diamaan
Both times mine threw the code with the old adapter, it was during a road trip that had me driving for multiple hours. I''m not sure if it's just that it took lots of miles to eventually throw the code, or if the prolonged driving time had something to do with it.

I'm going on a 1000 mile drive this weekend, so we'll see how this new adapter holds up. I'm going to be sure to check for and clear any pending codes before heading out too. We'll see!

OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #54
Both times mine threw the code with the old adapter, it was during a road trip that had me driving for multiple hours. I''m not sure if it's just that it took lots of miles to eventually throw the code, or if the prolonged driving time had something to do with it.

I'm going on a 1000 mile drive this weekend, so we'll see how this new adapter holds up. I'm going to be sure to check for and clear any pending codes before heading out too. We'll see!
Great, that should be a substantial test to see how it holds up. Please let me know the results!

-Diamaan

A7xogg

-Diamaan
about 7k miles, and yeah it looks like it came loose over a short time

A7xogg

This is the new adapter we sent you right?
I only received a metal fitting and a clamp that looks like it's for the sylicon hose intake, so it's the old adapter. I called and talked to Jason and the full adapters are oos till May 1st

OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #58
I only received a metal fitting and a clamp that looks like it's for the sylicon hose intake, so it's the old adapter. I called and talked to Jason and the full adapters are oos till May 1st
Got it. The most recent adapter that we sent you is for the PCV hose, it's a bit smaller in diameter and that is what we used to combat the evap code. Is that what you replaced?

-Diamaan

Bluedrank

Got it. The most recent adapter that we sent you is for the PCV hose, it's a bit smaller in diameter and that is what we used to combat the evap code. Is that what you replaced?

-Diamaan
The fixed adapter popped the code after around 500 miles into my road trip.

What's the next step Mishimoto? I'd very much like to use this part, but I don't want it to keep throwing this engine code.

Is there any progress on figuring out what the problem actually is?

Last edited:
OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #60
The fixed adapter popped the code after around 500 miles into my road trip.

What's the next step Mishimoto? I'd very much like to use this part, but I don't want it to keep throwing this engine code.

Is there any progress on figuring out what the problem actually is?
Thanks letting us know. Right now, our engineering department is looking into it. We have a used intake unit getting sent to us that we will re-inspect for any irregularities.

-Diamaan