Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2016+ Fiesta ST Induction Hose/Intake Kit P144C Code Update

Trader history for mishimoto (0)

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Thanks letting us know. Right now, our engineering department is looking into it. We have a used intake unit getting sent to us that we will re-inspect for any irregularities.

-Diamaan
According to UPS you have had mine returned to you and delivered on 4/20 at 10:28 AM and I am sure mine was not the first returned...."getting sent to us"? Have you guys thought of just supplying the Ford 2015 hose to the customers? I am sure with a volume purchase you could get them at a good price and possibly save your reputation.

OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #62
According to UPS you have had mine returned to you and delivered on 4/20 at 10:28 AM and I am sure mine was not the first returned...."getting sent to us"? Have you guys thought of just supplying the Ford 2015 hose to the customers? I am sure with a volume purchase you could get them at a good price and possibly save your reputation.
We are working on getting a different kit sent to our R&D headquarters for further inspection, as returned items usually go straight back to our warehouse. And I appreciate the suggestion. We want to keep working on finding a permanent solution for our product. While this code issue has not affected everyone with our intake, we are still more than willing to work with anyone who'd prefer a refund/return.

-Diamaan

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
We are working on getting a different kit sent to our R&D headquarters for further inspection, as returned items usually go straight back to our warehouse. And I appreciate the suggestion. We want to keep working on finding a permanent solution for our product. While this code issue has not affected everyone with our intake, we are still more than willing to work with anyone who'd prefer a refund/return.

-Diamaan
When they are "sent to the warehouse" why are they not tested to determine the problem? Mishi continues to amaze me. You have a source of defective products to test and help resolve the problems but don't utilize them? Are the returned parts simply resold? Almost a year now and still playing games, why would the defective units not be tested on a priority basis to get your problem resolved in a timely manner? Mishimoto's C- BBB rating will never improve like this.

OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #64
When they are "sent to the warehouse" why are they not tested to determine the problem? Mishi continues to amaze me. You have a source of defective products to test and help resolve the problems but don't utilize them? Are the returned parts simply resold? Almost a year now and still playing games, why would the defective units not be tested on a priority basis to get your problem resolved in a timely manner? Mishimoto's C- BBB rating will never improve like this.
Returned products are permanently shelved not to be resold. Also, remember that this particular case is unique because we decided that we would want to use a returned product to figure out if something in the design is defective much later from the date of your return. We don't have this process for every product, but for this we will to closely inspect the part as a whole.

I know that you have been dissatisfied with our service, however, I want you to know that we are doing our best to keep everyone as happy as possible. Once we carefully inspect possibly defective product, I'll be sure to keep everyone else updated on next steps.

-Diamaan

OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #65
Hey guys,

Quick update to this code issue. Our engineer has started some testing on a used Mishimoto PCV adapter unit. We have a hypothesis or two about what's going on, but we will report back with concrete findings soon. We're working on getting this resolved guys. I really appreciate everyone's patience!

-Diamaan

I guess I am the latest person to succumb to the P144C issue. I bought my system last month and specifically asked if it had the upgraded fix and was told everything was up to date in it, but first drive out of town popped the check engine light and I ran the code when I got home and it was P144C. So Diaaman, should I ask for the replacement part be sent or wait for what you guys are working on at the moment, thanks.

Seth

Bluedrank

I guess I am the latest person to succumb to the P144C issue. I bought my system last month and specifically asked if it had the upgraded fix and was told everything was up to date in it, but first drive out of town popped the check engine light and I ran the code when I got home and it was P144C. So Diaaman, should I ask for the replacement part be sent or wait for what you guys are working on at the moment, thanks.

Seth
I PMed them on here a little while back because my "fixed" adapter was throwing the code still. They said they'd let me know when they figured it out, when that will be is anyone's guess.

In my experience over the past year with them about this issue, you've got to keep on them if you want any response or results.

Flaco

2000 Post Club
Earlier Misimoto set me the updated part to resolve the code. The revised parts did not stop the code and after 800-1000 miles the code popped again. I decided to use another vendors fix for this problem, which did not work for me either. And after another 800 or so miles, the dreaded code reappeared. I have now purchased the 2015 Ford lines this week hope this will finally resolve the P144c code issues. I like the look of the silicone hose and the quality of the hose itself is fine. But its not been worth it to spend another $ 125.00 to resolve the problem.

Earlier Misimoto set me the updated part to resolve the code. The revised parts did not stop the code and after 800-1000 miles the code popped again. I decided to use another vendors fix for this problem, which did not work for me either. And after another 800 or so miles, the dreaded code reappeared. I have now purchased the 2015 Ford lines this week hope this will finally resolve the P144c code issues. I like the look of the silicone hose and the quality of the hose itself is fine. But its not been worth it to spend another $ 125.00 to resolve the problem.

[MENTION=819]Flaco[/MENTION] can you provide a link to the part you order or a part number? I am interested in doing the same thing.

So is the moral of the story to purchase the 14/15 PCV hose assy and run a 14/15 intake? Are you certain this does not cause other issues within itself?

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I've run two different '14/15 intake kits on my' 16 with the same MAPerformance adapter with zero issues for thousands of miles. It's cheap, sturdy, and just works.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Flaco

2000 Post Club
So is the moral of the story to purchase the 14/15 PCV hose assy and run a 14/15 intake? Are you certain this does not cause other issues within itself?
There is another thread regarding using the 2015 Evaporative Line, and running it with the 2016 Mishimoto Induction Hose . I am running it now with the Mishimoto Induction Hose, no problems with codes for a month now. It seems for the ones of us that have done this it has solved the P144C problem.

I've run two different '14/15 intake kits on my' 16 with the same MAPerformance adapter with zero issues for thousands of miles. It's cheap, sturdy, and just works.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Are you referring to the adapter they include in their intake kit, or the Cobb one they sell separately?

There is another thread regarding using the 2015 Evaporative Line, and running it with the 2016 Mishimoto Induction Hose . I am running it now with the Mishimoto Induction Hose, no problems with codes for a month now. It seems for the ones of us that have done this it has solved the P144C problem.
Found that thread right after I posted in here. It looks like the only difference between the 2016 and the 2014/15 Mish intake is the evap hose assy they include anyway right?

Flaco

2000 Post Club
Found that thread right after I posted in here. It looks like the only difference between the 2016 and the 2014/15 Mish intake is the evap hose assy they include anyway right?[/QUOTE]

Yes

OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #77
Hey guys!

We are ready to share with you exactly what we have been testing. As everyone is well aware, we have had a few of you with the P144C evap code pop up when installing our intake kit. It took months for us to find the root of the problem, but we've recently made great strides in finding out what is really going on. Our engineering department had prioritized finding a permanent solution, and we are closer than ever now.

It's well known that these evap systems are very finicky and sensitive, and we initially believed that we had not correctly sized the ports leading to the evap purge line. We resized the port to make it closer to OEM spec, but that still didn't fix the issue, as a few of you still got the code even with that resized fitting. The next thing we to examine were line pressures. I showed you guys some content of our engineer doing some pressure testing.

It turns out, that our initial design simply wasn't flowing enough air through the evap purge line (labeled above). We had to see what kinds of pressures that port had under pressure so we could design a similar contraption to force the same amount of flow, after we confirmed that our initial design wasn't drawing enough air to keep the code away. Our engineer used an old Fiesta ST intake pipe we had in our shop and made some modifications to it.

On the right is the updated pipe with a new addition. As you can see, the addition more closely mimics the OEM design as it looks more like a T-off compared to the loop-design of our silicone piece. We intend for this design to do two things: make the PCV evap line pull air more efficiently and keep he code at bay. To have the proper pressure pulled from that evap line, air is tapped from the cold-side intercooler pipe, creating a venturi effect.

So far, we have tested this design on a loaner Fiesta ST for both long highway and city driving with success. As of now just over 2,000 (including long distance highway driving and city driving) miles have been put on this new design and the code has not returned, which is very promising. More testing is required to be sure that this will be a permanent fix, but hopefully, it won't be much longer until it's a sure thing. Right now, I don't have a timeline for when this will be rolled out as a design change or how we plan to send these out to those of you having issues, however, as I know more , I'll do my best to make sure everyone else does as well.

If you have any questions, or if this update is a little unclear, please let me know!

-Diamaan

Flaco

2000 Post Club

If you have any questions, or if this update is a little unclear, please let me know!

-Diamaan[/QUOTE]

This is a quote from another post I made in another thread.

"The induction hose for me is fine, but the spaghetti hoses coming of the MAP port is just a poor design. Should have been similar to Fords and all one piece aluminum." The above photo is what I was envisioning !! And I'm no engineer. [wink]