Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2016+ Fiesta ST Induction Hose/Intake Kit P144C Code Update

Trader history for mishimoto (0)

You know what's annoying to me Diamaan is that I told you what the problem with your intake hosing was 6 months ago before I posted the real fix, and you discussed it with your engineers and I was told that what I was telling you was not the problem and not correct. I even still have the emails of the discussion and it makes me laugh. I told you that you were lacking the Venturi and you guys were fixated on connectors.

I understand you may get a lot of misinformation from your customers, but really? I gave you the solution before I told people to start using the Ford tubing from the 2014 and 2015 st to solve your engineering fail.

Disappointing.

You know what's annoying to me Diamaan is that I told you what the problem with your intake hosing was 6 months ago before I posted the real fix, and you discussed it with your engineers and I was told that what I was telling you was not the problem and not correct. I even still have the emails of the discussion and it makes me laugh. I told you that you were lacking the Venturi and you guys were fixated on connectors.

I understand you may get a lot of misinformation from your customers, but really? I gave you the solution before I told people to start using the Ford tubing from the 2014 and 2015 st to solve your engineering fail.

Disappointing.
https://www.reddit.com/r/iamverysmart/

[MENTION=1848]mishimoto[/MENTION]

Any updates on when this new updated kit will be available for those of us with issues still? I am patiently waiting and hoping I am not hurting anything while I wait.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club

Any updates on when this new updated kit will be available for those of us with issues still? I am patiently waiting and hoping I am not hurting anything while I wait.
Why wait? Get a refund, buy a Mountune tube and Ford hose and say goodbye to CEL. Mishi is on what? Fix number 5?????

Bluedrank

Yeah, an update with an actual time table on this fix getting shipped would be very nice. I suspect that they've dug quite a big hole by not removing these things from the market. The more they've sold the more they'll have to replace.

Bluedrank

1 week and still no response. It's been over a year, when will these be shipping?

I decided to just buy the 2014-2015 hoses from Ford ($77 shipped to my door in 3 days from Lasco Ford). Kinda pricey for how simple it is, but it looks production and it works without a hitch. Super easy install too. I know you can make your own fix for cheap but I preferred the production look of the stock hoses. Just pick the cheap fix or the Ford parts from earlier in this post. No reason to wait on a fix from them at this point. [MENTION=1848]mishimoto[/MENTION] clearly gave up and moved on to a new platform. Who knows if their adapter part is causing damage while it is on, so I would recommend you just stop waiting, too. As great as it would be for them to just admit they canā€™t figure it out I would not count on them ever admitting that as they would probably set themselves up for a lawsuit.

Bluedrank

At this point I'd love to know why they are permitted to be a sponsoring vendor on this site. I get that they pay to do so, and that they sell other parts for our car that aren't bad, but this situation lasting more than a year is so insane. There should really be a code of conduct that the sponsoring vendors are held to if they want to be featured here, and open clear communication should absolutely be one of the top requirements. It's ridiculous that they are still selling this part on their site and to third party vendors knowing full well that it's broken.

You know they are reading this thread too and just remaining silent. They get an alert that they're mentioned in a post and their last activity in their profile shows:
Last Activity Today 04:19 PM.

OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #90
Hey guys

Sorry for the delay here! We were having some login troubles and just regained access to this forum (per time-stamp mentioned above). I'm working on getting more detail from the Engineers now, but what I can tell you so far is that we have an updated design that has been going through revisions and should be kicked off to production soon. As I find out more, I'll let you know!

Thanks
-Jake

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
When are the rest of the people that got taken by this fiasco going to understand they have zero clue what they are doing? This is "fix" number 5 and it has gone through how many "revisions"? Give it up and return it then install the Ford hose and someone else's Intake Hose and never see the CEL again from this junk! Just because you are a "Vendor" on here simply shows you pay money not that you are a reputable Vendor. Nobody on this Forum is the "junk" cop. You are free to buy anything sold here at your own risk. We have some great Vendors and some shady ones. Anyone that has been reading about this bad joke for the past year and sends money to Mishi is simply not doing their homework. Their BBB rating is a farce and they ignore complaints from them even. With enough pressure they will refund your money like they did mine, take it and run. This is a buyer beware company.

Bluedrank

When are the rest of the people that got taken by this fiasco going to understand they have zero clue what they are doing? This is "fix" number 5 and it has gone through how many "revisions"? Give it up and return it then install the Ford hose and someone else's Intake Hose and never see the CEL again from this junk! Just because you are a "Vendor" on here simply shows you pay money not that you are a reputable Vendor. Nobody on this Forum is the "junk" cop. You are free to buy anything sold here at your own risk. We have some great Vendors and some shady ones. Anyone that has been reading about this bad joke for the past year and sends money to Mishi is simply not doing their homework. Their BBB rating is a farce and they ignore complaints from them even. With enough pressure they will refund your money like they did mine, take it and run. This is a buyer beware company.
Don't get me wrong, I'd never consider another Mishimoto product after this. Never, no chance, not for any current or future vehicle. BUT, I'd still like them figure out a fix and deliver on their promises to make things right. It's either fix it, or 100% stop selling that part. That part is still offered for sale, which means we need to hold them to their word of delivering a fix.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
I understand....but if complaints and bad listings by the BBB cannot force them to do anything why would they bother. If they don't answer their messages they sure are not working on the issues. I understand wanting to make them do the right thing. If as stated there has already be several "revisions" on the current attempt for a fix it confirms what is obvious....... they have no clue what they are doing and too ignorant to simply reverse engineer the Ford part that corrects the problem. I refused to continue to drive around with a CEL so I got a refund. Good luck in your quest I do not have the patience to deal with these idiots.

Is this real?

Iā€™ve been browsing (mainly for hahas and seeing if thereā€™s any Black Friday deals) for intakes, and I was looking for something that wasnā€™t as loud or gaudy as the Injen intake (not to mention, apparently they get bad heatsoak?) and I came across the Mishimoto intake. I really like the looks of it with the closed box and everything else. But if this is all true then Mishimoto as a company is laughable.

Being that I work in the industry, and have seen people praise the Mishimoto brand, it kind of breaks my heart to see an issue like this, and yet someone in sales and marketing at Mishimoto continues to allow a product like this to be on the market. Itā€™s not to say that I donā€™t see things like this happen often, but every ā€œbigā€ brand that has an issue like this cleans up fast. Even if they have to discontinue the product until they can correct it, they still actively try to prevent any further issues. If you had asked me before I read this I would have legitimately told you I would want to run 100% Mishimoto wherever possible. Now, I donā€™t even know if I can look at the brand the same again.

So, I guess the best option CAI for what Iā€™m looking for is likely COBB? Hahaha.

Bluedrank

Is this real?

Iā€™ve been browsing (mainly for hahas and seeing if thereā€™s any Black Friday deals) for intakes, and I was looking for something that wasnā€™t as loud or gaudy as the Injen intake (not to mention, apparently they get bad heatsoak?) and I came across the Mishimoto intake. I really like the looks of it with the closed box and everything else. But if this is all true then Mishimoto as a company is laughable.

Being that I work in the industry, and have seen people praise the Mishimoto brand, it kind of breaks my heart to see an issue like this, and yet someone in sales and marketing at Mishimoto continues to allow a product like this to be on the market. Itā€™s not to say that I donā€™t see things like this happen often, but every ā€œbigā€ brand that has an issue like this cleans up fast. Even if they have to discontinue the product until they can correct it, they still actively try to prevent any further issues. If you had asked me before I read this I would have legitimately told you I would want to run 100% Mishimoto wherever possible. Now, I donā€™t even know if I can look at the brand the same again.

So, I guess the best option CAI for what Iā€™m looking for is likely COBB? Hahaha.
This is very real. They've simply stopped responding to our pleas for a fix. Look at the date on the first thread, 08-08-16

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/...take-owners-with-P144C-issues-please-chime-in
http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/...T-Induction-Hose-Intake-Kit-P144C-Code-Update

Bluedrank

Just a reminder that next month it will be a year since they started this thread. People had been having problems with their intake throwing codes for 6 months before thread was created. Remember kids, don't buy [MENTION=1848]mishimoto[/MENTION] parts because they take advantage of the community.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Just a reminder that next month it will be a year since they started this thread. People had been having problems with their intake throwing codes for 6 months before thread was created. Remember kids, don't buy [MENTION=1848]mishimoto[/MENTION] parts because they take advantage of the community.

Mishi will not even answer to the BBB......when I filed my claim they told the BBB they settled with me......I told BBB they lied. So BBB said "what's new with them", Mishi refuses to work with the BBB on complaint's. I warned this Forum community of this long ago....and they keep supporting this company with horrible customer support and a horrible BBB rating. This forum is a joke when it comes to vendors, no standards, no screening or filtering out the charlatans, I will not support vendors that bypass emissions because they do not understand the function of certain parts. A"fix"? No. that would be a "broke". Bypassing emissions is not "fixing" anything. But with glowing reviews of only having to reset the CEL occasionally is of course the proof it is fixed. Buy your intake from anyone other than Mishi....and the Ford vent cable and stay legal and CEL free. Testing is required in many places, like where I live. I prefer to stay legal and NOT support bad vendors like Mishi.

I fear this forum is going down the same dead end road of another long time forum I was on did. It became a marketing centric forum causing so much dissent it is no longer around. I have better things to do than read the constant free ads about what is going to drop next. I now check in occasionally.....until and if the forum returns to a useful users forum not a sellers forum it will remain a place to visit as opposed to a hang out. I have very little desire for the cheapest products to modify my car, I want quality from companies I trust but I do understand we all have our own goals, some have the goals of cheapest parts with bogus power claims from vendors, and there is an excellent market for fleecing the sheep here with so many newbies to engine performance falling for the silliness.

It reminds me of the old J.C. Whitney catalogs. Hell for $100 you could buy hundreds of HP with a hand full of gadgets each promising 5-20 HP! Here we get a "buy our solid aircraft grade polished aluminum gilflaver diversion vestibule with new improved sillicarbahol rubber seals, improves performance and increases HP". But when you ask the vendor for test data you get the "what you don't trust us" and no data on the imagined HP on our car. Why would anyone with sense believe these claims with zero data on them or data on an 8 year old "toyosaabaro xkr-ss quad turbo V3 cylinder engine" they claim they did actually test. Not related!

Some goals, like mine are the goals of long term reliability and performance that is offered from reputable vendors and products and is seldom obtained with the cheapest price. This Forum was a great place to learn more about our cars the first few years, now it is a place to ask people for info that is already in their glove box, like the almost every other day posts for "what is the wrench light for" and how to reset it, along with the seemingly required posts with incorrect reset info rather than a simple "use your manual" response. Tired of bitching about a breakdown, bogus "virtual dyno" claims that will display any lie you want, suing Ford for a new head because you want one, the latest "work around" to mess up your Sync system or help people that already have. I am sure when Ford is ready they will download it on WiFi, they seem to do fine with the updates they currently do. Why would I want to use F-150 or Mustang software to update my Fiesta? I will wait. Bluedrank, I agree with you on Mishi......but the sheep here will still get fleeced by them, then buy a "fix" rather than hold Mishi responsible......seems few know how to use the search function

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
[MENTION=2319]jmrtsus[/MENTION] - I think why the forum has changed a bit is that now that the car has hit maturity, there is very little to discover about it. Now that the new ST has dropped over seas I expect this forum will peter out (due to large US userbase)

Bluedrank

the latest "work around" to mess up your Sync system or help people that already have. I am sure when Ford is ready they will download it on WiFi, they seem to do fine with the updates they currently do. Why would I want to use F-150 or Mustang software to update my Fiesta? I will wait.
So this part of what you're saying is basically false, everything else about Mishimoto I agree with. At least for the '16 owners, most if not all of us will find upgrading from the official 2.2 update to the 2.3 update impossible due to a memory allocation error. This is for the official Ford software that you download for our specific VIN off the Ford website. Since '17 owners have a different hardware version than the '16 I'm not certain if they are experiencing the same issue. Saying that the software is for an F150 or Mustang is also basically incorrect, as the software is universal and made for all of the cars based on the model year. They just have a much larger user base comparatively, so they have more users tinkering with stuff and discovering information. The universally available software updates can be downloaded for any car with the supporting hardware at the actual developers site: https://www.4dtech.com/software-updates/