Welcome to Fiesta ST Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 68910111213141516
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Yes it's possible. I just had it open for everyone to see the new evap connection.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180615_155341_1529171755167.jpeg 
Views:	36 
Size:	243.9 KB 
ID:	17885  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180615_155427_1529171746624.jpeg 
Views:	30 
Size:	227.6 KB 
ID:	17886  

Member 14 Rep Points mindmaster's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

Country
    Colombia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Juice06 View Post
    Yes it's possible. I just had it open for everyone to see the new evap connection.

The wire that is highlighted in yellow, looks like it is tensioned? Will brake in the long term? What is your opinion?

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mindmaster View Post

The wire that is highlighted in yellow, looks like it is tensioned? Will brake in the long term? What is your opinion?
    It's a hose. No it doesn't seem it will break at all. I'm actually impressed at how much my throttle response has improved. It feels as if the power is more readily available. I have this along with the mountune lower air box as I did not want an open intake system. Only thing missing is a big mouth for max air flow

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

Country
    Colombia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2016+ Fiesta ST Induction Hose/Intake Kit P144C Code Update

This is awful. I submit an official ticket at Mishimoto Website hoping that they will send me the kit with the correct connections for my 2018 FiST, as I seen at the @Juice06 post. But, once I open the box it is the exact same induction hose but without the PCV adapters as @Juice06 shows.

I paid twice the shipping cost to my country in South America to get a part that doesn’t work with my car.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice06 View Post
    It's a hose. No it doesn't seem it will break at all. I'm actually impressed at how much my throttle response has improved. It feels as if the power is more readily available. I have this along with the mountune lower air box as I did not want an open intake system. Only thing missing is a big mouth for max air flow

Member 225 Rep Points LILIKE16ST's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points  
    State
    VA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Quote Originally Posted by mindmaster View Post
    I think I bought by mistake the wrong induction house to my Fiesta ST :(

I'm unable to install the mishimoto induction house since I don't have this part:

I'm contacting Ron at Whoosh to see if the Fiesta ST Evap Purge P144C check engine light "FIX" will do the magic.

Any comments?
    I would not waste time or money with any "fix" if I were going to get any different intake hose besides oem for a 16 and up fiesta st and go straight for the 14-15 evap lines you can get them from tously for like 65 bucks shipped. It will all function as intended from the factory regardless of intake choice and you won't ever get a check engine light from it. It's worth the 20 bucks extra over the "fixes" just for those two simple facts alone. I got it for my cpe intake I installed a couple months ago everything functions perfectly and I have not gotten a check engine light from the intake and I never will. It is very easy to install it too. Once you do that you can change intakes or whatever if you ever want and never need to worry about it again. It makes it function just like a 14 or 15 did from the factory. I've seen too many people dealing with too many headaches with those fixes...bypass that and go straight to the 15 evap lines the first time and don't look back.

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

State
    DE
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey mindmaster,

Sorry to hear that your product did not arrive complete. I know the rep you are working with personally, and he's doing all he can to get this resolved as quickly as possible. We simply need to work with our warehouse a bit to get the issue corrected and make sure this does not happen again. As soon as we have this resolved on our end, we'll have no problem getting you the parts you need. My apologies for any inconvenience.

Thanks
    -Jake

New Member 24 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

State
    IL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LILIKE16ST View Post
    I would not waste time or money with any "fix" if I were going to get any different intake hose besides oem for a 16 and up fiesta st and go straight for the 14-15 evap lines you can get them from tously for like 65 bucks shipped. It will all function as intended from the factory regardless of intake choice and you won't ever get a check engine light from it. It's worth the 20 bucks extra over the "fixes" just for those two simple facts alone. I got it for my cpe intake I installed a couple months ago everything functions perfectly and I have not gotten a check engine light from the intake and I never will. It is very easy to install it too. Once you do that you can change intakes or whatever if you ever want and never need to worry about it again. It makes it function just like a 14 or 15 did from the factory. I've seen too many people dealing with too many headaches with those fixes...bypass that and go straight to the 15 evap lines the first time and don't look back.
    Absolutely without a doubt 10000% agree. Can't understand why/how people are even dealing with this still. OEM 14-15 hose assembly and be done with it. Literally takes 5 minutes to uninstall the 16+ and replace with the 14/15. Do it at the same time as an intake install and it's a wash...Bought and installed in conjunction with my K&N intake and haven't even thought twice about codes and errors from day one.
    2016 Kona Blue Fiesta ST - 17x7.5 Rota Titans, Swift Spec-R springs, K&N CAI, needs more mods...
    2003 Redfire Cobra 'Vert - pulley, intake, exhaust, lowered, style bar, XXR 526

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

Country
    Colombia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because it is cheaper to just buy the proper hose with the proper development instead of doing retrofits that has to be shipped in a big box which may be broken during the shipment until the final destination in my country in Latin America. Mishimoto write me back saying that they will send me the correct and proper induction hose for my FiST. So, We will see what happen in the near future with my warranty.

Member 235 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points  
    State
    FL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    So in an interesting turn of events, Mishimoto actually shipped me the replacement part. It consists of a brand new intake hose with a very different vacuum line setup from the original. There's absolutely no way on earth I'm installing this thing on my car until I've heard from multiple others that it's working long-term without throwing codes or damaging the lines though. I'm not playing the part of Mishimoto's guinea pig again, considering that the original intake ended up damaging the OEM vacuum line to the point that I had to replace it at a cost of around $80. Who knows what type of long-term damage their original intake has caused to all of our cars, I know it caused mine to stall and stumble until I replaced the OEM vacuum line.

So good on Mishimoto I guess for finally stepping up and delivering a possible fix.

DO NOT BUY MISHIMOTO PARTS
    Mishimoto continues to ignore customers that bought their intake and want a fix for code P144C.

They continue to sell this part despite knowing that it throws a code and is possibly harming the evap system.

This has been an ongoing problem for over a year!
    Don't give your money to companies that take advantage of our community.
    DO NOT BUY MISHIMOTO PARTS

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 68910111213141516