Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2016+ Fiesta ST Induction Hose/Intake Kit P144C Code Update

Trader history for mishimoto (0)

Hello Everyone,

We’ve been able to gather some more accurate data in regards to the Fiesta intake revision. At this time, the items are expected to arrive at our facility and be ready for shipping prior to August 2018.

I know we have provided ETA’s in the past, and have not met those goals, but we are extremely confident in the end of July date. If you are an affected customer and seeking this revision, please get in contact with us and we’d be happy to set up a back order. At this time, all that is required is an email sent to support@mishimoto.com with proof of purchase and a photo of the previous Mishimoto intake system.

As soon as they arrive at the warehouse, we'll get the item shipped out as quickly as possible.

Thanks
-Jake

I just ordered the Mishimoto induction hose for my '17 from a vendor other than Mishi yesterday before seeing this thread... Can I expect to get this CEL code also?

Yes. My advice would be to absolutely not install the part on your car.
Well fabulous...lol. It's too late to cancel my order and it sounds like Mishi won't help if you didn't buy through them. Guess it will sit around for a while until they actually have a fix or I could try the fix from Whoosh.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Well fabulous...lol. It's too late to cancel my order and it sounds like Mishi won't help if you didn't buy through them. Guess it will sit around for a while until they actually have a fix or I could try the fix from Whoosh.
Get the Ford part for the warranty. If you are doing other mods get the Whoosh and save a few bucks.

Guys I would like to share my experience with Mishimoto. I ordered the induction hose through Amazon. Once I start reading the forum, with my basic English I realized that I was F**ed up, however I contact Mishimoto and they answer to me with a replacement part and apparently the fix to avoid codes for my 2018 FiST. I saw some customer reviews in Amazon with new PCV Silicone Adapter. So I would say that they fix the problem?

Juice06

Hey guys I'm new to the forums. Just register to give you guys a heads up that the revised part is in now! Just received it this week and installed today! Mishi expedited shipment as well so it came fast. Didnt get a chance to drive around today but will update you guys soon to confirm it's fixed! Also will upload photo when I get a chance. Just wanted to let you 2016 guys know asap. I've been waiting 2 years for this so I know how it feels!

Juice06

The wire that is highlighted in yellow, looks like it is tensioned? Will brake in the long term? What is your opinion?
It's a hose. No it doesn't seem it will break at all. I'm actually impressed at how much my throttle response has improved. It feels as if the power is more readily available. I have this along with the mountune lower air box as I did not want an open intake system. Only thing missing is a big mouth for max air flow

This is awful. I submit an official ticket at Mishimoto Website hoping that they will send me the kit with the correct connections for my 2018 FiST, as I seen at the [MENTION=10167]Juice06[/MENTION] post. But, once I open the box it is the exact same induction hose but without the PCV adapters as [MENTION=10167]Juice06[/MENTION] shows.

I paid twice the shipping cost to my country in South America to get a part that doesn’t work with my car.

It's a hose. No it doesn't seem it will break at all. I'm actually impressed at how much my throttle response has improved. It feels as if the power is more readily available. I have this along with the mountune lower air box as I did not want an open intake system. Only thing missing is a big mouth for max air flow

LILIKE16ST

I think I bought by mistake the wrong induction house to my Fiesta ST :(

I'm unable to install the mishimoto induction house since I don't have this part:

I'm contacting Ron at Whoosh to see if the Fiesta ST Evap Purge P144C check engine light "FIX" will do the magic.

Any comments?
I would not waste time or money with any "fix" if I were going to get any different intake hose besides oem for a 16 and up fiesta st and go straight for the 14-15 evap lines you can get them from tously for like 65 bucks shipped. It will all function as intended from the factory regardless of intake choice and you won't ever get a check engine light from it. It's worth the 20 bucks extra over the "fixes" just for those two simple facts alone. I got it for my cpe intake I installed a couple months ago everything functions perfectly and I have not gotten a check engine light from the intake and I never will. It is very easy to install it too. Once you do that you can change intakes or whatever if you ever want and never need to worry about it again. It makes it function just like a 14 or 15 did from the factory. I've seen too many people dealing with too many headaches with those fixes...bypass that and go straight to the 15 evap lines the first time and don't look back.

Hey mindmaster,

Sorry to hear that your product did not arrive complete. I know the rep you are working with personally, and he's doing all he can to get this resolved as quickly as possible. We simply need to work with our warehouse a bit to get the issue corrected and make sure this does not happen again. As soon as we have this resolved on our end, we'll have no problem getting you the parts you need. My apologies for any inconvenience.

Thanks
-Jake

I would not waste time or money with any "fix" if I were going to get any different intake hose besides oem for a 16 and up fiesta st and go straight for the 14-15 evap lines you can get them from tously for like 65 bucks shipped. It will all function as intended from the factory regardless of intake choice and you won't ever get a check engine light from it. It's worth the 20 bucks extra over the "fixes" just for those two simple facts alone. I got it for my cpe intake I installed a couple months ago everything functions perfectly and I have not gotten a check engine light from the intake and I never will. It is very easy to install it too. Once you do that you can change intakes or whatever if you ever want and never need to worry about it again. It makes it function just like a 14 or 15 did from the factory. I've seen too many people dealing with too many headaches with those fixes...bypass that and go straight to the 15 evap lines the first time and don't look back.
Absolutely without a doubt 10000% agree. Can't understand why/how people are even dealing with this still. OEM 14-15 hose assembly and be done with it. Literally takes 5 minutes to uninstall the 16+ and replace with the 14/15. Do it at the same time as an intake install and it's a wash...Bought and installed in conjunction with my K&N intake and haven't even thought twice about codes and errors from day one.

Because it is cheaper to just buy the proper hose with the proper development instead of doing retrofits that has to be shipped in a big box which may be broken during the shipment until the final destination in my country in Latin America. Mishimoto write me back saying that they will send me the correct and proper induction hose for my FiST. So, We will see what happen in the near future with my warranty.

Bluedrank

So in an interesting turn of events, Mishimoto actually shipped me the replacement part. It consists of a brand new intake hose with a very different vacuum line setup from the original. There's absolutely no way on earth I'm installing this thing on my car until I've heard from multiple others that it's working long-term without throwing codes or damaging the lines though. I'm not playing the part of Mishimoto's guinea pig again, considering that the original intake ended up damaging the OEM vacuum line to the point that I had to replace it at a cost of around $80. Who knows what type of long-term damage their original intake has caused to all of our cars, I know it caused mine to stall and stumble until I replaced the OEM vacuum line.

So good on Mishimoto I guess for finally stepping up and delivering a possible fix.

How has the fix worked for people? Unfortunately I ordered mine without seeing this thread first