Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Some Questions About Stock Vs. Aftermarket Flywheels for the FiST

So I can't find a whole lot of supporting information about the stock flywheel in the 2015 FiST and I want to know what it weighs vs. what some of the aftermarket ones weigh. Has anyone on here upgraded their flywheel and if so how hard was the install and how much of a difference did it make? I would like to but I don't want to have to mess with my clutch as well.

Quisp

1000 Post Club
Look up T shirt driving on YouTube for weight. I think someone's done one but never reported results.

My worry is that removing the dampening of the dual mass puts extra stress on the gear box. i would love to lose all the weight but i know of 2 guys over this side of the pond that went single mass and upprated clutch and it broke the gearboxes. one of the guys persevered till he was on his third and gave up in the end and went back to standard. both cars were big turbos running around 300whp mark.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
My worry is that removing the dampening of the dual mass puts extra stress on the gear box. i would love to lose all the weight but i know of 2 guys over this side of the pond that went single mass and upprated clutch and it broke the gearboxes. one of the guys persevered till he was on his third and gave up in the end and went back to standard. both cars were big turbos running around 300whp mark.
Any nutters over there put a Quaife sequential box in one of these yet (cars still driven on the street, NOT trailered race cars)??

Any nutters over there put a Quaife sequential box in one of these yet (cars still driven on the street, NOT trailered race cars)??
dont think so, quaife dont make gear sets for us yet. the only option so for is cryogenic treating your standard gearing with some shot peening or buy a Sadev sequential box thats available for the fez. thats if you have about 15k lying around

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
dont think so, quaife dont make gear sets for us yet. the only option so for is cryogenic treating your standard gearing with some shot peening or buy a Sadev sequential box thats available for the fez. thats if you have about 15k lying around
Is the Sadev box a direct bolt-on, or is there a lot of fabrication involved to get one on these cars?

Is the Sadev box a direct bolt-on, or is there a lot of fabrication involved to get one on these cars?
sorry to the op for getting off topic.
yes one of the boxes is made for the 1.6 turbo fiesta but not much room for more torque. the next one up looks better but not sure on fitment for that one. they have options on them all for ratios, flappy paddle gear change, dash gear display and more.