Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Wheel thoughts on XXR 530 or XXR 527

This applies to any wheel that is not 64.1mm for our hub. You will need centering rings, preferably aluminum ones if you plan to do auto-x or track your FiST, as the plastic ones tend to break apart from heat. As for TPMS, I reused them when I changed out my wheels to Rota Titan. Did not have to reset them. Just drove the car for 100 yards and the "Tire" light turned off thereafter. Our stock Bridgestones have a tread width of 7.6". This will fit perfectly on a 17 x 7.5" wheel. With a 17 x 8, there will be a stretch.

Whoa! I might have to go for it.

Those of you have ordered a set, what did you do for tires, and tpms, etc.?

Do I need hub rings or anything?

I ordered a set of aluminum hub rings from amazon for $15 along with a set of red lug nuts. Steel lugs, not aluminum, as everything I've seen on aluminum says you should only torque to ~80 ft/lbs. I'd feel a little more comfortable setting them around 100 ft/lbs like factory... As for tpms, I ordered an aftermarket set from eBay for around $40 along with a motorcraft tpms19 relearn tool for $35. Put the car in relearn mode and go around with the tool and push a button at each sensor. Super easy and I can swap back and forth between wheels in very little time...

So for you guys running the 527s.... How did you have them balanced? Did they use the stick on type weights or the hammer on type that go on the lip of the wheel...?

OP
P
Thread Starter #24
The stick-on type are always the way to go. The hammer-on type will definitely damage the lip, they don't fit some wheels, and can be knocked off by curbs. I would insist on the stick-on type that gets place inboard of the spokes in the main barrel of the wheel.

So for you guys running the 527s.... How did you have them balanced? Did they use the stick on type weights or the hammer on type that go on the lip of the wheel...?

That's what I'd prefer... I'll have to call around and see who can do it that way... The place I called today said $15/wheel mounted and balanced but $10 extra to put in the sensors... Really?!?! Our sensors just pop in like normal valve stems... Might call my local dealer. I know they spin balance so they can use the least amount of weight...

Zormecteon

I know they spin balance so they can use the least amount of weight...
A REALLY good shop will not only spin balance, but will index the tire. .. .... to do that they mount the tire, do a spin, then rotate the tire on the wheel so that the heaviest part of the tire is opposite the valve stem. ..... by doing this properly, even it it takes a couple of tries, they wind up with the least amount of weight possible on the wheel. .. .most shops are in a hurry to get the next thing done, and don't bother to take the extra time, but there are still a few out there..... .. good luck.

It's sad how attention to detail has gone by the wayside... Wheels arent gonna be here til Wednesday. Tires showed up today. Everything else should be showing up between now and Wednesday so I have a couple days to find a place...

I just got my 527s today! I wish they made them with the 4 bolt holes instead of 8. It's gonna look weird having 4 open ones =/

I just got my 527s today! I wish they made them with the 4 bolt holes instead of 8. It's gonna look weird having 4 open ones =/
This and the weight savings is what steered me to the Rota Titan over the XXR 527. Either way they're still gonna look killer on yours!

This and the weight savings is what steered me to the Rota Titan over the XXR 527. Either way they're still gonna look killer on yours!
Thanks! I really wanted the Rota Titan in flat black, but they aren't making them anymore, so I went with these since they are similar. They actually ended up being a lot cheaper, so that was a plus.

Thanks! I really wanted the Rota Titan in flat black, but they aren't making them anymore, so I went with these since they are similar. They actually ended up being a lot cheaper, so that was a plus.
Understandable on the flat black. And can't go wrong with a lower price!

I still have the O.G. 205s tires as they only had 10k miles on them. The sidewall is definitely curved inward, and not straight up and down. The 17x7.5 can definitely handle 225s, which I might go up to after this run.

I'm currently torn between buying the XXR 527s in chromium black and the Rota Titans in hyperblack. Both would be 17x7.5s. Does anyone have a picture of the Rota Titans on Kona Blue? Would be very helpful!

I'm currently torn between buying the XXR 527s in chromium black and the Rota Titans in hyperblack. Both would be 17x7.5s. Does anyone have a picture of the Rota Titans on Kona Blue? Would be very helpful!
I would go with the Hyperblack Rota wheels on a blue car. I personally like chrome wheels on a blue car, but chrome is heavy.

I looked up the the 527s in Chromium. The first website that I hit also had them in Habanero Red. Almost a match for the Molten Orange....hmmmmmm, he said contemplating a repaint.

I'm getting gold xxr 527s but dont know what type of lug nuts to buy...anyone can give me advice please?