Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Wheel thoughts on XXR 530 or XXR 527

I'd love some input from any ST owners that have the XXR 527 or XXR 530. I would like to pick up a 17" set, and I plan to stay on stock suspension for driveway and daily issues I that just can't get around if I'm any lower. It seems like 17x17.5 is a good size - does a wider width wheel still work on stock suspension? Can I run my stock tires? Or should I switch up on tires as well? I'd love recommendations.

The main draw for me to the XXRs I listed here is the degree of concave look they achieve and an architectural look that is in sync with the lines of the ST body.

Thanks everyone!

I like both, but would go for the 527s personally.

From reading around the forums, you shouldn't have any issues rubbing on 17x7.5 on stock suspension, and the stock tire should fit with a little stretch. I don't have personal experience with it, so take that with a grain of salt.

I don't have the Rims that you are questioning about, but I do run 17 x 7.5", 40 Offset, Rota Titans with some concavity to it. This size will fit no problem on stock suspension, even lowered ones. Stock Bridgestone will fit very well too, as the tread width for this tire is 7.6". No stretch that I could tell.

I plan to be ordering a set of 527s with new tires very soon. Sticking with stock size tires and I'll be also throwing on a set of mountune springs. 17x7.5 et40 and 205/40s. Everything I've read says that won't have any rubbing issues...

Do they even make the 530s in 4x108?

I wish they made the 527s in a silver finish with our bolt pattern.

OP
P
Thread Starter #8
Good question - I found ONE photo on instagram of gold 530's on a white Fiesta - looked pretty good, but hard to tell. I was hoping to find more examples and angles of fiestas with black 527s. I've also seen that photo above on the red/mo fiesta and a few from another forum member. The wheel looks great on the ST, but I'm having hard time telling if this is one of those wheels that when painted black just disappears. I like to be able to read the form of the wheel when on the car and not wish I could see it better.

I have the euro spec headlights, so I would go for silver 527s too. The chromium black looks terrific on a bunch of st colors, but against MO i'd rather have silver so it hooks up with the headlights, or black so it really contrasts.

Decisions, decisions.

Thanks for the input.

Do they even make the 530s in 4x108?

I wish they made the 527s in a silver finish with our bolt pattern.

I'm on the fence about a set of chromium black 527s on Tuxedo Black. I usually hate black wheels on black cars, but there seems to be such limited selection with 4x108 pattern.

OP
P
Thread Starter #14
You might like them a lot. The Chromium Blacks are definitely not black. Look at Strife's build who is this month's ST of the month, that's a great looking finish. A google search will turn up tons of images of Chromium Blacks on black cars. Looks pretty great.

I'm on the fence about a set of chromium black 527s on Tuxedo Black. I usually hate black wheels on black cars, but there seems to be such limited selection with 4x108 pattern.

OP
P
Thread Starter #15
Whoa! I might have to go for it.

Those of you have ordered a set, what did you do for tires, and tpms, etc.?

Also, are XXR known for being pretty solid wheels (don't bend too easily, etc.)?

Do I need hub rings or anything?

This will be the first time I order wheels not from Tirerack, where you can order everything you need in one go.

Hey this site has them for 129 each but if you buy all 4 get $70 off. I don't know the site but searching for the bolt pattern found it.
http://www.nlmotoring.com/XXR-527-Wheels-17x7-5-Flat-Black-p/52777282.htm

also carid has them and they give discounts to military and students I think, 10%

Someone just posted the chromium black ones on a black fist in the "what did you do today" thread...

I plan to pick up a set of hub rings to throw on too... They're pretty cheap on eBay and amazon. I'm also looking at lug nuts. I'd like a red set since I've got a white fist, black wheels and red calipers. I think that'd look pretty slick. I just don't know if the anodized red will clash with the red calipers... May just do a black set of gorillaz....

Zormecteon

If it was a choice between just these two sets of wheels, the 527... because..... .. easier to clean. fewer nooks and crannies for dirt to hide in. ..

my preference is for the fewest spokes possible so that I get my hand in there to clean them up..

YMMV

My 2?

OP
P
Thread Starter #19
Zormecton, I'm also looking at the Sparco Pro Corsa. I have no experience with XXR, but I like those two wheel styles and started this thread hoping to hear from people who have them so I can make the decision a bit easier:) You have some of my all time fave wheels on your FiST, btw.

Zormecteon

Zormecton, I'm also looking at the Sparco Pro Corsa. I have no experience with XXR, but I like those two wheel styles and started this thread hoping to hear from people who have them so I can make the decision a bit easier:) You have some of my all time fave wheels on your FiST, btw.
Thanx.. my wheels are no longer available in GREY... 7 spoke was the fewest I could find. Sprarco was on my short list. .. I had rashed a couple of wheels and had them repaired by one of those wheel fixit places.. the cost to repair was about the same as replace, but .. there are no replacements... . Oh Motegi 125s are what I have...