Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Swollen Lug Nuts

GAbOS

I use an impact but mine is adjustable. I set it to 2nd of 5 settings then torque with a wrench to 80. No need to go to 100. Or maybe it's time to finally read the owners manual
I was shocked too, but it's 100 ft/lbs

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
IF it weren't for their prohibitive co$t, with not having any real measurable performance R.O.I., the titanium alloy lug nuts would be the perfect solution, being about as light, and corrosion resistant as the aluminum alloy ones, but just as strong as any of the (even heat treated/forged) steel lugs. [wink]

A7xogg

IF it weren't for their prohibitive co$t, with not having any real measurable performance R.O.I., the titanium alloy lug nuts would be the perfect solution, being about as light, and corrosion resistant as the aluminum alloy ones, but just as strong as any of the (even heat treated/forged) steel lugs. [wink]
Titanium is expensive for a reason

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Titanium is expensive for a reason
Usually, it is only because of the complicated/intricate process needed (argon gas shielding, etc.) to WELD/BRAZE it properly, as the materials/alloys involved themselves are NOT all that expensive, or even 'rare'.
It might be much harder to actually machine, hence the ridiculous cost of the lug nuts made of titanium alloys. [dunno]

Center of wheel means rotational inertia of lightweight lug nuts won't make much difference, but unsprung weight will be lower for better comfort and perhaps better handling and contact with the road. To some degree. Most likely imperceptible given the weight of the wheel, strut, rotor, hub, bearing, caliper, tire, etc.

All that junk probably adds up to 150 lbs per corner. Saving a few grams in the center of the wheel for several times the cost is not worth it. Or is it? You get to say you have titanium lug nuts. Plus you can get them in some oil slick finish.

I kind of want a set now.... [bash] [hihi]