Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

NEW Bilstein B8 Performance Plus Dampers w/Mountune Sport Springs

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Something like that...but to simplify it for me, I think it was the combination of stiff dampers with the oem springs. I used the Eibach springs with oem dampers and to me it was an improvement on stock all around for performance and slight improvement on comfort however still too stiff for the bumper roads. Oem springs with koni str.t helped significantly with the bumpy roads but with a bit of loss of performance compared to Eibach spring & oem damper setup (although the handling was still pretty decent).

But I'm feeling hopeful with the B8 dampers. Hopefully they can provide some improvement on terrible roads while lowered without as significant of a loss in handling. If the verdict is good and the price is somewhat reasonable, I may spring for a set to try them out myself sometime in the near future...although I would like to wait until my koni's are on their last legs...

Bought and received the B8s last week, I'm pairing them with the new Whiteline springs. I'm just waiting on new bearing and top hats to install them.

KKaWing

Took a chance with SiCo and he had them to me in less that a week. Was only 223 shipped.
any mention of spring rates?

Edit: I ordered some B6's to pair with stock springs too. 750 cad with the family day discount w/ free shipping from essex (bilstein canada).

OP
Khill007
Thread Starter #26
OK, the fun begins! I'm a little upset as the rears were back ordered or something and won't be here for another week?!? Oh well, going to go ahead and install the fronts and put in the rear springs without the rears. You will need to order all Ford OEM front components to build out the strut if you don't want to disassemble OEM strut. I'm glad I ordered the OEM bottom spring seat as it fits perfectly on the Bilstein...peg holes line up perfectly!

One thing I'm not sure of is the "white" inner OEM bump stopper thingy?!? I'm wondering if I should trim it down an inch or so to compensate for the drop?!?

I'll be installing on Saturday so more to come!

caliboy15

OK, the fun begins! I'm a little upset as the rears were back ordered or something and won't be here for another week?!? Oh well, going to go ahead and install the fronts and put in the rear springs without the rears. You will need to order all Ford OEM front components to build out the strut if you don't want to disassemble OEM strut. I'm glad I ordered the OEM bottom spring seat as it fits perfectly on the Bilstein...peg holes line up perfectly!

One thing I'm not sure of is the "white" inner OEM bump stopper thingy?!? I'm wondering if I should trim it down an inch or so to compensate for the drop?!?

how much did you get it for and where? Im thinking of getting these paired with the oem springs

OP
Khill007
Thread Starter #28
One question I have for any suspension gurus out there is... Does blue mark on the top strut mount act as an orientation guide?[dunno]

OP
Khill007
Thread Starter #29
Usually in the installation instructions, they'll specify if you need to cut/replace/junk the bump stops. So if they didn't say, just re-install them as stock. If you notice that you're on the bumpstops a lot, then trip them at that point. (I usually will cut in 1/2" increments if the manufacturer did not have a spec to begin with, and cutting is required after driving on them.)

Hope that helps.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
[MENTION=5216]Khill007[/MENTION] mind throwing up the part numbers you ordered? I likely will go this route and even though I can reuse my part new always fits better. Thanks in advance.

OP
Khill007
Thread Starter #34
[MENTION=5216]Khill007[/MENTION] mind throwing up the part numbers you ordered? I likely will go this route and even though I can reuse my part new always fits better. Thanks in advance.
I will post these tonight when I get home!

All buttoned up and ready to install!!!! I am going to try and get this done Sunday and report back.

OP
Khill007
Thread Starter #35
Ford Part #'s

(2) C1BZ3A197DA
(2) 8V5Z18198B
(2) 8V5Z18A047A
(2) D2BZ18198A
(2) CV1Z5414A

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
I think I will be upgrading to these soon, I really don't like the OE dampers and these will lost forever if the HD's from my old Volvo 240 and Miata are any indicator.

OP
Khill007
Thread Starter #40
Holy SHIT guys!!!!! I may be onto something here?!? I will preface this before I make any comments. I do not track this car...nor have I ever tracked a car. I have however changed suspension components on many vehicles in my day...from Bilstein coilovers on a VW R32, to VMR springs on a VW TDI...to a full AEV suspension on my JK Jeep Wrangler and I have to say I have "NEVER" had suspension mods transform a vehicle like this Bilstein/Mountune combo! Hell, I don't even have the B8's installed on the rear yet and it feels like a new car?!?!

Some of the things I've noticed:

- One of you mentioned that the B8's might eat up the pot holes and expansion joints in the road. CHECK! Man, you can't even feel them hardly at all. The best way to descibe it would be...the car feels like a more "expensive" vehicle?!? Even on a spririted run on 635/Plano Rd. area of the highway (anyone from Dallas/Ft. Worth will know the stretch of highway" there are the deep grooves that used to just grab the car and now it just drives straight as can be.

- Planted and more stable

- The OEM suspension used to be choppy as shit and beat the hell out me on the highway and city streets. GONE! It's like the car is just gliding now. It's not a cushy ride in the least...just feels more like the car should have been from the factory?!?

Again, I'm not a suspension guru. I do know however that this car just feels better, newer, more expensive?!?

Here are some pics. I can only imagine what the rears are going to do to the car? VERY HAPPY!!!!!!

[twothumb]