Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

NEW Bilstein B8 Performance Plus Dampers w/Mountune Sport Springs

neeqness

1000 Post Club
To me this seems more like production issues. If it were high demand, sure there will be back orders but eventually they would get filled. It seems like little (if any) production is being done at this point.

That said, I think there could also be reduced production such that they are focusing what they can towards contracted obligations (i.e. oem parts for cars in production) which leaves them with no parts available for retail sales. Especially if there are issues going on the wholesale side of it and they are barely making ends meet there (such as cars selling faster than expected, frequent design modifications, major issued with customs, etc.)

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

I wonder if these shocks are being made under license by someone else outside of germany that stopped production? just a thought its a pretty basic shock. if they are in Ukraine were screwed
I believe that they have at least one manufacturing plant in the US.

So I installed the rear B8s finally after waiting for about a year... thanks again Demon Tweeks for shipping to the US so quickly!

I haven't had enough miles logged to give a good opinion of how they perform. They do feel firmer than the stock shocks I had with the Mountunes, but no way near as harsh as the stock spring/shock set-up. I also am running 215/40/17s which also helps with ride quality. So far so good and I am sure that I will be enjoying this pairing.

So now that the Bilstein door is open...at least if you order in a place other than the US, enjoy!

Attachments

I had a little issue and I think I may have heard others have also went through this so here is a tip when installing.

After installing I had a squeak coming from the right side. After removing the tire, checking all installation points and lubing everything under the sun I still could not figure it out. I next thought to check the trunk area for any signs of the sound. I heard the sound coming from behind the odd carpet-like covering so I took out 2 screws and popped a couple of clips to remove the rug-like material to get to the top of the shock. It was definitely coming from there so I sprayed some silicone lubricant in the hole where the top nut is. Done, that was it! So when installing these you may want to put a little lube on the top hat section prior to installing the 2 up top bolts. This will save you some time and your sanity...I hate squeaks...so easy, yet so annoying!

KKaWing

I had a little issue and I think I may have heard others have also went through this so here is a tip when installing.

After installing I had a squeak coming from the right side. After removing the tire, checking all installation points and lubing everything under the sun I still could not figure it out. I next thought to check the trunk area for any signs of the sound. I heard the sound coming from behind the odd carpet-like covering so I took out 2 screws and popped a couple of clips to remove the rug-like material to get to the top of the shock. It was definitely coming from there so I sprayed some silicone lubricant in the hole where the top nut is. Done, that was it! So when installing these you may want to put a little lube on the top hat section prior to installing the 2 up top bolts. This will save you some time and your sanity...I hate squeaks...so easy, yet so annoying!
Or you can use the stock bolts, mind had the same squeak (B6 but shouldn't make a difference) from the rear right shock tower. I silicone greased it and it kept quite for a few months. It came back so I swapped in the stock nut instead of the supplied nylock one. Not a peep since then (year and a bit now).

Thanks [MENTION=126]KKaWing[/MENTION] for the tip regarding the stock nut, I did remember you mentioning this previously. I also used the stock nut so the silicone lube is working so far. Thanks again.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
So I installed the rear B8s finally after waiting for about a year... thanks again Demon Tweeks for shipping to the US so quickly!

I haven't had enough miles logged to give a good opinion of how they perform. They do feel firmer than the stock shocks I had with the Mountunes, but no way near as harsh as the stock spring/shock set-up. I also am running 215/40/17s which also helps with ride quality. So far so good and I am sure that I will be enjoying this pairing.

So now that the Bilstein door is open...at least if you order in a place other than the US, enjoy!
That is ridiculous (on Bilstein's part) that you had to order a mass produced part like these from ENGLAND, and pay all of that shipping. [mad]

I remember ordering some Sparco stuff from Demon Tweeks way back when NO ONE was bringing any of it into this country. ;)

That is ridiculous (on Bilstein's part) that you had to order a mass produced part like these from ENGLAND, and pay all of that shipping. [mad]

I remember ordering some Sparco stuff from Demon Tweeks way back when NO ONE was bringing any of it into this country. ;)
Shipping was not bad at all, $30 for 2-day service! I didn't believe it at first but when my order was accepted and I actually received them in 2 days I was pleasantly surprised.

The price overall was pretty good, equal or better then most vendors sell them here in the US, IF... there were any stock to purchase. Even so, I would pay a little more as long as I could get them!

dmb

I got free shipping, but at $300 about $45 more than U.S., got them in less than a week. but now I have them. I'm doing all my mod's at once because if I don't they will sit around unused. also i'm a 2% in our age group so I want to enjoy this stuff before I die or can't remember what all this stuff is for.

CSM

1000 Post Club
Patiently waiting for my PSS B14s.... I've blocked off time on Thursday the 7th in case they arrive by then. Cant wait!

It has been a little over a week since I installed the B8s paired with my Mountune springs that I had been running with stock shocks for over a year. The ride is very good and is quite an improvement over the stocks. Feels very solid and absorbs road imperfections well. The more I drive on them the more impressed I get. Firm, not harsh, if you hit a bump the first impact is muted and then dissipates to smoothness. Not sure if that makes sense but if you drive on this set up you will understand what I am getting at. I totally agree with all the positive reviews of this set up. Just what I was looking for, came out the way I was hoping and I think my suspension is complete for my daily driver!

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
It has been a little over a week since I installed the B8s paired with my Mountune springs that I had been running with stock shocks for over a year. The ride is very good and is quite an improvement over the stocks. Feels very solid and absorbs road imperfections well. The more I drive on them the more impressed I get. Firm, not harsh, if you hit a bump the first impact is muted and then dissipates to smoothness. Not sure if that makes sense but if you drive on this set up you will understand what I am getting at. I totally agree with all the positive reviews of this set up. Just what I was looking for, came out the way I was hoping and I think my suspension is complete for my daily driver!
Sorry if it was mentioned before but what year is your Fiesta? After 2015, the dampers were a bit more compliant from the factory and curious if the B6’s would still ride better than my 2016 dampers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry if it was mentioned before but what year is your Fiesta? After 2015, the dampers were a bit more compliant from the factory and curious if the B6’s would still ride better than my 2016 dampers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have a 2016 and the B8s are a big improvement. Assuming you are on stock springs, I couldn't tell you how they work with OEM springs and B6s since I only have the B8s paired with Mountune springs. One thing though, with the aftermarket springs and the stock shocks the ride also improved, less harsh with these springs.

So I can't really give an experienced opinion but I would believe it would ride better. Maybe some one with B6s/stock springs can chime in and pass on the info or maybe in another thread could help you out???

neeqness

1000 Post Club
I have a 2016 and the B8s are a big improvement. Assuming you are on stock springs, I couldn't tell you how they work with OEM springs and B6s since I only have the B8s paired with Mountune springs. One thing though, with the aftermarket springs and the stock shocks the ride also improved, less harsh with these springs.

So I can't really give an experienced opinion but I would believe it would ride better. Maybe some one with B6s/stock springs can chime in and pass on the info or maybe in another thread could help you out???
B6 and B8 are pretty much the same except the B8 is shorter for shorter travel (like when used with lowering springs). B6 are intended for stock springs and others have posted in another topic that the B6s are a definite improvement over stock shocks.

I've actually been spending a lot of time this past year (especially due to the large Bilstein back order) considering which one will work for me now that I decided to stick with the oem springs. Since I'm going with larger than stock wheel and tire combo for the meatier tire, dropped look, and better ride...I think I've finally settled on the B8 because the travel will be about as short as if I had lowered it even though it is at stock height and the B8s will be best for the shorter travel.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Quisp

1000 Post Club
Is there still issues with getting these in the US? I wanna pull the trigger on a set for my car but I don't want to wait forever
Got mine from Whoosh a few months back, was on back order over a year.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk