Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

NEW Bilstein B8 Performance Plus Dampers w/Mountune Sport Springs

KKaWing

Moot points anyway, since BOTH the B8s, and B14s are on INDEFINITE worldwide back order, it seems.
You saying my set of B6 equipped FiST is rare now? [giddy] B6's and Swifts should work well if those are around, the B8's just has a shorter shaft is all. Even Swift recommends the full length for more travel.

Not that's its much of a surprise at this point, but for anyone interested, this is an excerpt from an email that I received today.

"Bilstein has updated us that your shocks (24-239349) remain on nationwide backorder. I want to let you know that we are staying in communication with Bilstein and the current ETA is Late October to Early November. Please rest assured that we still have your order and we are doing everything we can to get these to you as quickly as possible. We will continue providing regular updates regarding your order. (8/28/18) "

FINALLY!!! I just confirmed payment and shipping info with AJUSA...my b8s are in and will be shipping today!!! [hihi]

They said they have limited quantity so who ever else is expecting them should get back to them ASAP! Not sure if other sellers have received stock or not!

Checked with AJUSA last week...no new updates...who knows, if ever, when they will arrive...almost a year now...[???:)]

dmb

what would be a good shock to use instead of the b-8 rears, i have the fronts but it looks like they don't care. I'd like to have matching F&R I'm starting to get pissed off about this B.S.

If anyone even cares anymore...

I just got an email for AJUSA regarding my B8 order which says... "Your order has been updated with a status of...wait for it...Backorder."

Huh, that's not an update? They go on to say that they are staying in communication with Bilstein and the current ETA is late January. This basically continues the pattern of wait another month or 2, again, no change here. Others here have said they have placed orders last December so that makes a full year now for the nationwide BO. Sorry for wasting everyone's time reading this update which is not really an update.

dmb

If anyone even cares anymore...

I just got an email for AJUSA regarding my B8 order which says... "Your order has been updated with a status of...wait for it...Backorder."

Huh, that's not an update? They go on to say that they are staying in communication with Bilstein and the current ETA is late January. This basically continues the pattern of wait another month or 2, again, no change here. Others here have said they have placed orders last December so that makes a full year now for the nationwide BO. Sorry for wasting everyone's time reading this update which is not really an update.
thanks i've been waiting too

CSM

1000 Post Club
Its kind of frustrating isn't it? I'm ready to order the B14 coilovers but I'm not going to do that if it takes a year to get to me.

Anyone know whats going on with Bilstein? I've heard everything from moving to a new location to supply chain issues with raw materials.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
I guess I'm going to be looking for an alternative then when the time comes...

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

dmb

I wonder if these shocks are being made under license by someone else outside of germany that stopped production? just a thought its a pretty basic shock. if they are in Ukraine were screwed

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I wonder if these shocks are being made under license by someone else outside of germany that stopped production? just a thought its a pretty basic shock. if they are in Ukraine were screwed
Well I would not be surprised if Bilstein is now outsourcing manufacturing to China as its not cheap to manufacture in Germany and they are a large company.
If its of any consolation I have a part from BMW for M3 that has been on back order since sept and I cannot move forward without it.

I was looking at Koni’s with my springs but I just got a ST XA ( KW in disguise) coilover deal I could not refuse.

I wonder if they are all being snapped up by the EU market. Or, if they are being used as OEM parts on a different manufacturer’s car... Or, they just didn’t anticipate the demand..

Has anyone tried to order from any of the EU retailers?

Sent from my iPhone using Glue and macaroni